1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - January 2015

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by Comics.Bot, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What I plan on getting:

All-New Captain America #3
    All New X-Factor #19-20
    All New X-Men #37
    Amazing Spider-Man #13
    Amazing X-Men #15-16
    Avengers #40
    Captain Marvel #11
    Cyclops #9
    Daredevil #12
    Death of Wolverine: The Weapon X Program #5
    Hulk #10
    Ms. Marvel #11
    Nightcrawler #10
    S.H.I.E.L.D. #2
    She-Hulk #12
    Silver Surfer #9
    Spider-Man 2099 #8
    Storm #7
    Thor #4
    Uncanny Avengers #1
    Wolverines #1-3

General Comic Thoughts:

- So it sounds like the "Wolverines" come together to protect Logan's body, but start out in opposition of each other, before eventually joining up for some reason or another. And hey, Mister Sinister is back! And is Fantomelle supposed to be the female Fantomex?

- Is that the Beyonder on the New Avengers cover? Wow :eek:.

- Might pick up Operation, S.I.N., might not, depends on what else might be out at the time.

-It seems like Thor wasn't aware he had a successor as wielder of Mjolnir, nor does it seem like he knows who it is...

- It's nice to see Anya getting attention in a Spidey book :).

- Is it just me or has Squirrel Girl put on some weight for her new series :sweat:?

- So Sin's finally back, and as FalCap's new Red Skull. Which I guess means Sam's lifting a villain from Bucky, doesn't it?

- Wait, She-Hulk ending at issue #12? You've gotta be kidding me. If it's because of sales, fine, disappointing as that is. But if they're just going to relaunch it after 12 issues, I'm honestly not sure if I'll continue reading the series even as much as I still love it :sad:.

- Sounds like the new Ghost Rider is going to become the classic versions sidekick of sorts, or at least Johnny will try his best to mentor Robbie. Not that I think that worked out for the female Ghost Rider :ack:...

- Glad to hear Thor will finally find out about Kid Loki.

- I guess that military that Storm ticked off in issue #1 are coming back with a vengeace and getting her arrested or framed for a crime. Though the possibility of Storm getting arrested reminds of a question that's been on my mind... how many Marvel superheroes actually have criminal records now?

- Shame X-Factor is ending, but with Spider-Man 2099 showing up in the final issue, maybe PAD plans to conclude the plot lines in that book once Spider-Verse is over?

3. Villano

Villano Member

I've been debating this for a while, and I finally decided that $3.99 is just way too much for a comic, so, with the exception of the Axis: Hobgoblin mini-series, I'm going to wait out all my Marvel titles until they price drop, are collected in trades, or go on sale. So, with that, I'll be getting...

Price drop or trade:

Amazing Spider-Man
    Daredevil
    SHIELD
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Sales:

Ant Man
    Empire of the Dead
    Moon Knight
    Punisher