1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - February 2012

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

So many books are double-shipping that month, and in Amazing Spider-Man's case, triple shipping!

3. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Has anyone bought a .1 comic before? I understand the whole "get new readers!" thing, but does have to be issue 678.1 instead of, I dunno, 679?

Sent from my DROID X2 using toonzone

4. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I have. In fact I got several. I have a Wolverine, Secret Avengers, Avengers Academy and the first Amazing Spider-Man (which was actually more of a Venom jumping in point) ones. And according to Marvel editor, Stephen Wacker retailers claim that it's good for business, so I don't really see the big deal. But then again I've never really cared too much about the number on the cover as much as some fans seem to.

5. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

WINTER SOLDIER #1-2
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #8
    CAPTAIN AMERICA & BUCKY #627
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #679-680
    THE PUNISHER #8
    PUNISHERMAX #22
    KICK-ASS 2 #7

6. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Sooooo many double-shipping titles. People complain about condensed storytelling now? Imagine how the writers will take having to write twice as much in half the time?

Getting
    -Avengers #22 & 23
    -Captain America #8
    -Captain America & Bucky #627: Has this thing officially lost it's use now that a Winter Soldier series is out?
    -Daredevil #9
    -Deadpool #50 & #51: I guess with #50 being a dollar more, it's extra-sized? I'd know if there was any info whatsoever for the solicit!
    -Kick-Ass 2 #7 (of 7)
    -New Avengers #21
    -New Avengers #22
    -The Punisher #8
    -Ultimate Comics Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis Vol. 1 Premiere HC
    -Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #7
    -Ultimate Comics X-Men #7
    -Ultimate Comics X-Men #8
    -Winter Soldier #1: Oh, Brubaker. How you can make me buy anything Cap-related from you.
    -Winter Soldier #2
    -X-Factor #231 & #232

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note
    -Spider-Man #679.1: Looks like Spidey needs some anti-webbing deodorant.
    -Avengers X-Sanction #3: Too....Much....Muscle....Reminds me why I've always been so 50/50 on McGuinness.
    -Fantastic Four: Season One Premiere HC: I like the idea of these. Not a big FF fan, so won't get this one, but I look forward to future ones.
    -Venom #13.1-13.4: Ok, this "Point Whatever" crap has become waaay out of hand.

7. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Buying...

Uncanny X-Men 6 & 7
    Wolverine & the X-Men 5 & 6
    Amazing Spider-Man 679, 679.1, and 680
    Avenging Spider-Man 4
    New Mutants 37 & 38
    X-Men Legacy 262

Well, these are the comics I normally get. As for the whole .1 thing, yeah I am a stickler for the regular numbering but I also like the concepts of Issue 0 and also the whole -1 event from the 90s.

MAYBES?
    Fear Itself: Deadpool/Fearsome Four - I might wait until the paperback, but I am kinda sold on Deadpool trying to cash in on the "Fear Itself" shennanigans
    John Carter: A Princess of Mars
    John Carter: World of Mars
    Millar & McNiven's Nemesis
    Spider-Island Companion - I recently read all four chapters of Spider-Island: I Love New York and enjoyed it, like I did with the mainline Spider-Island arc. I may pick this up
    X-Club 3 - It depends on if I get X-Club 1 next month, but now it intrigues me with its robot pregnancies for part 3.

8. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

Just the usual, Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #23 and Super-Heroes #23. This months' "Super Heroes" features the Fantastic Four.