1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - December 2012

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Big month of drops (although most are just "After their runs end") showing this month. Dropped Deadpool, Avengers, New Avengers, Captain America, Avenging Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Force, and the biggest, Ultimate Comics X-Men, bringing and end to having read at least one Ultimate book monthly since Ultimate X-Men #1.

Getting
    -Thunderbolts #1 & 2: I like the line-up, I like Way, and it let's me keep reading Deadpool by a guy I like writing Deadpool. I'm at least in for the first issue, and see where it goes from there.
    -Hawkeye #5 & 6: I swear, those Aja covers are works of art.
    -Punisher: War Zone #3 (of 5)
    -Daredevil #21
    -X-Factor #248 & 249

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note
    -Avengers Arena #1 & 2: Hey, Some of the Runaways! In a book they'll probably die in! No thanks!
    -Uncanny Avengers #3: I want to keep reading at least one Avengers book, and this looks the best, but I'm still on the fence.
    -Captain America #2: Yeah. That Romita cover isn't making me regret dropping the book after Brubaker goes.
    -Castle: A Calm Before The Storm #1 (of 5): Guess they abandoned the original Graphic Novel route and went to minis.
    -Gambit #7: It's teetering on the edge of dropping. It's not terrible, but it's kind of boring.

3. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

I'll be buying:

Amazing Spider-Man #699
    Amazing Spider-Man #699.1
    Amazing Spider-Man #700
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #18

Looks like my Marvel list might be a lot lighter come January---the solicits (and Dan Slott on Twitter) apparently claim "Amazing Spider-Man" is being axed as of December. I'd assume it's being retooled somehow/will be back (since it's an iconic Marvel title), but still, seems like a pretty big thing to casually drop (esp. with an anniversary issue). Also wonder what Slott will be doing next...

4. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

For now....

-Avengers #1 and #2
    -Uncanny Avengers #3
    -All New X Men #3 and #4
    -Deadpool #3
    -Captain America #2
    -Thor #3
    -Indestructible Hulk #2
    -Iron Man #3 and #4
    -Amazing Spider-Man #999
    -Amazing Spider-Man #999.1
    -Amazing Spider-Man #700

I may pick up trades of the other NOW books, but I really don't want to get so many titles so picking titles I have the most faith in. And for Amazing Spider-Man, it's really if I can catch up to the series by then. I plan on stating with #692 whenever I can go to my LCS again.

#4 Dragonpiece, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
  5. Captain Travis

Getting
    Captain America #2
    Avengers Arena #1 ( I just need to read about Cammi)

6. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Does anyone know if these are going to be "same day" digital releases? Still considering switching over to digital...

And do they still cost the same price when you buy them digitally the same day? What if you wait a month, do they drop in price?

7. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

All the Marvel NOW titles will be same day, and they are the same price. Which personally makes all the more reason to get it in your LCS since they usually contain a digital code anyway.

8. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

9. Villano

Villano Member

If you are talking about Comixology, I think all Marvel Comics are same day digital.

As to the price drop...I think every company BUT Marvel drops the price after a month. If you plan on buying any DC or Independent books, it's better to just wait a month and get them cheaper. Marvel does drop prices every once in a while, but there's no set schedule as far as I can tell. For example, if you check out Comixology's site, the main page has the latest listings for "Same Day", "Digital Firsts", "New & Noteworthy" (i.e., old comics that were just added to the site), and "Recently Reduced". There were 49 comics that were reduced on Oct. 3rd. Of those, there was one Marvel comic, FF #12 and that one was first published in November 2011.

OTOH, back in Sept., they reduced the prices of 4 Amazing Spider-Man issues (#678 - 681) and that last issue came out just this March.

So, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Marvel to drop prices (but they do have $0.99 sales on certain Marvel comics every Monday and Friday, so you might luck out there).