1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - December 2011

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

3. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

[​IMG]
    Ghost Rider ‚Äč#7

So it looks like MU Hawkeye will be rocking his Ultimate outfit, except with purple instead of red. No doubt because of the upcoming Avengers movie.

Not sure how I feel about this. I never did like his original one, but this one feels too realistic for MU Clint. There's no theatrics in this. If anything, I think that look should be Ultimate costume, and the outfit he wore in Ultimates 3 to Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates should be his MU one.

[​IMG]

I also think that Stefano Caselli (the guy who drew the cover) has the perfect style for the Ultimate Universe, I'd love to see that guy on a mini or something.

4. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

What's with the bullet point solicitation info? Is Marvel really getting that lazy with putting this stuff out?

Getting

-Avengers #20: Hopefully Acuna won't stay on the book long. I'm just not digging the art here.
    -Captain America #6
    -New Avengers #19
    -Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #5: Wasn't that impressed with #1. Hopefully it'll improve.
    -Ultimate Comics X-Men #4 & 5
    -Captain America and Bucky #625
    -Daredevil #7
    -Punisher #6: Really on the fence about this. The first two issues were decent, but not sure if I'll keep buying it monthly or not.
    -Marvel Holiday Special 2011: Yay! Look forward to these every year.
    -Deadpool #47 & 48
    -X-Factor #228 & 229
    -Kick-Ass 2 #5 & 6

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note

-Defenders #1: I love me some Iron Fist, but he's the only character here I give a hoot about.
    -Avengers: X-Sanction #1: This is supposed to be the start of next year's mega-event, but I'm not a giant Cable fan, and I've all but given up on Loeb.
    -Villains for Hire #1 (of 5): So the ongoing was downgraded to a title-changed mini? Not a good sign. Kind of gives me even more incentive to trade-wait.
    -Deadpool MAX X-Mas Special #1: I usually try to get the holiday comics, but I thought Deadpool MAX Was terrible. May have to flip through it.
    -Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus HC: I remember reading this when it first came out. Great series. Glad it's getting some more attention.

5. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Interested in:

Amazing Spider-Man #676: Take note here, true believers: the solicitation says that 2012 is the year of Spider-Man's end! :sweat: :confused:

Avengers: X-Sanction #1: So this is the start of 2012's Mega-Event! I'm intrigued. My guess: It's an "Avengers vs. X-Men" event...

Incredible Hulk #3, Punisher MAX #20, Wolverine #20, Wolverine and the X-Men #3: The Jason Aaron books are of most interest to me for reading right now...

John Carter: A Princess of Mars #4:
    Despite the strange covers, I'm looking forward to this adaptation of one of my favorite fantasy novels!

Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus HC:
    Behold! This is the next TPB that I did the research on, and I have to admit, it was a complete and total labor of love! This is the definitive Untold Tales collection, collecting every nook and cranny of "Untold Tales" material from throughout the 90's and into the 00's, including the "Untold Tales" story from Amazing Spider-Man Annual #37 from just a couple years ago! Definitely worth picking up, and not just because I helped put together the book! :D

Wolverine, Punisher, Ghost Rider: Official Index to the Marvel Universe #5:
    Since it's been revealed the Index is being cancelled, is it too late to begin a grass roots campaign asking everyone to buy the title to save it?!? :p

So wait, there's no "What If?" one-shots coming out this December?!? That's the first time in 6 years, I think! Man, that sucks, I was enjoying it as an annual tradition...the only thing better would be for them to bring back "What If?" as an ongoing series.