1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Comics Solicitations - April 2012

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Comics.Bot

Comics.Bot Comic Posting Robot
    Administrator

2. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Not buying anything from Marvel (Jack Kirby Deserves Better), but I got a kick out of this solicitation this month:

This is not a mistake. Marvel did not send us any art for this poster. I'd be disappointed if the art in that poster WAS final, and I have to wonder about the other solicited posters that have no artwork attached to them.

3. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

This looks like a good month for Chris Yost. I'll most likely be picking up the new Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers: EMH books, as well as the tie-ins for the upcoming Avengers movie. Aside from that I'll probably also get F4, FF and Venom. Other books like the Ultimate books, Wolverine, X-Force, Amazing Spider-Man all look pretty good, but that $4 price tag is too steep. Especially since Marvel is the only publisher who doesn't lower their prices digitally after a month.

4. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

The $4 price point doesn't bother me as much as the fact that Marvel wants every single comic to come out twice a month. I'm still getting them, but one day I might shove back.

Getting/Thinking: Amazing, Avenging, New Mutants, Wolverine & the X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, AvX, AvX Versus, Punisher, Daredevil (not the Point One issue), Wolverine & the X-Men: Alpha & Omega, Scarlet Spider, John Carter: Gods of Mars, X-Club

Sent from my DROID X2 using toonzone

5. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #1-2
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #683-684
    AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #6
    THE PUNISHER #10
    DAREDEVIL #11
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #10
    WINTER SOLDIER #4
    THE SECRET SERVICE #1

what's the story with captain america and bucky/hawkeye? is this a fill in? is ed brubaker no longer doing this title? this book is looking to be dropped.

6. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

If they're gonna double ship, they could at least reduce the prices, but I guess as long as people are buying, there's no real reason for them to do that.

Yup. Brubaker hasn't been writing it for a while now, I believe he said he's just over seeing it, but Cullen Bunn is taking over and it's now a Captain America team-up book. The first arc is with Hawkeye, and I believe the next one is with Iron Man.

7. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

From what this article says, Cap & Hawkeye is another version of Marvel Team-Up and will assume Cap & Bucky's numbering. Ed is no longer on this book. The new writer has done Fear Itself: The Fearless and creator-owned The Sixth Gun. The title will also change every arc as Cap gets a different team-up buddy.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36364

And, suss2it, I sometimes don't mind the $4 price point as long as the comic is great (like Amazing and WatXM) and/or offer a free digital code (like Avenging and Ultimate Comics). But I too do understand about pricing and think Marvel should lower their earliest same-day titles by a dollar or two right about now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using toonzone

8. VictoryStar

VictoryStar "Here is your first present~"

Avengers vs X-Men #1 and #2
    Ultimate Spider-Man #9
    Avenging Spider-Man #6
    Avengers #25
    Wolverine and the X-Men #8 and #9
    Scarlet Spider #4

Just realized most of my pull for this month are titles involved in the AvX event.

Oh a side note, why are so many of Marvel's titles published twice a month now?

Oh yeah and that Wolverine and X-Men only including the first 4 issues is a mistake, on Amazon it lists it including 1-7.

#8 VictoryStar, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  9. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Getting
    -New Avengers #24
    -New Avengers #25
    -Avengers #25
    -Ultimate Comics X-Men #10
    -Avenging Spider-Man #6: Thank goodness I just subscribed to the book now that it's tying in with two of my other favorite books.
    -The Punisher #10
    -Daredevil #11: Marco Checchetto drawing all three books? Sweet....
    -Captain America #10
    -Winter Soldier #4
    -Daredevil #10.1: Oh, that cover is so awesome.
    -Uncanny X-Force #24
    -X-Factor #234
    -Deadpool #53
    -Punishermax: Homeless Premiere HC

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note
    -Avengers v. X-Men #1 & 2 (of 12): And so another round of event comics begins. Still unsure on this one. The idea sounds fun, but I'm not a Phoenix fan, and it's all over this.
    -Uncanny X-Men #11: No matter how many times I see it, Juggernaut-Colossus still looks incredibly stupid.
    -Ultimate Comics Ultimates #9: Moved down to "Maybe." It's still on my pull list, but I'm not sure it will stil be come April.
    -Amazing Spider-Man #683: Now THAT is an awesome cover.
    -Carnage U.S.A. #5 (of 5): A Symbiote-event? Aren't they just about to do that with the Venom cross-over?
    -Captain America and Hawkeye #629: Loved Cap and Bucky. New direction and creative team? Might not be on board.
    -Moon Knight #12: I read issue #1 and it didn't wow me, but now that the first hardcover is out, I'm tempted to give it another shot. Now that it's ending now? Hmmm.
    -Wolverine #304: So many good covers this month!
    -Secret Warriors Omnibus HC: So very tempted here. Read the first storyine and loved it, but fell away from it shortly after.

10. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Bah. The only things that actually interest me right now are John Carter (I'm going to see the movie when it opens in March and will catch up on Marvel's minis before then) and the Secret Service. You can have the overpriced hype magnets.