"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Diversity is not an agenda. There's nothing wrong with it. If the proposed movie turns out okay, I'll have no problems with it. Ghostbusters had larger problems attached to it than simply an all female cast. It rubbed many people the wrong way because it was a reboot of a franchise many people had been hoping and praying would come back outright with the original cast. The characters in this proposed film are already MCU canon. I would totally love to see a movie with Black Widow and Gamora teaming up to kick butt.

• Like Like x 1
  2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Diversity is an agenda in this day and age and only when it is unnaturally evoked. For instance, having a token is not in an agenda as it has been explored in film and literature for about a century. However those diversifying acts were not done under an agenda, but usually a creative and thematic choice. For instance, I feel in the Thor films specifically they deliberately diversified the cast to include a black Heimdall and Valkyrie. Probably a Feige invention, but much like Tuvok of STV, I kinda just go with it.

As for Widow and Gamorra, we'll probably get that in the next Avengers films. I would need a reason to watch this Lady Liberators, I mean these are not comicbooks. Having said that, wouldn't a Birds of Prey film be more intriguing than this.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
    #103 Yojimbo, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if it has anything to do with the MCU character he's actually playing in Ant-Man and The Wasp ;)?

5. the greenman

Ehh, it's probably not connected to Bob Foster "Black Goliath". Be interesting if it was though.

Feige gives us info on Leader and Abomination:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/hulk...ce-from-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-a155096

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, it sounds like there's at least interest in bringing them back at some point, if not immediately...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, at first I thought maybe it was connected to John Ridley but it seems to be its own pitch.

Well, that's reassuring in the least. I guess Abomination is still in that Alaska S.H.I.E.L.D. cryo-cell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

The Leader should be saved for when they do something with She Hulk.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, this is certainly going to be interesting to watch unfold...

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It's strange because there's no way Disney would buy it all. There would be overlap like with kinds of channels but more importantly from a legal standpoint, it would be an antitrust violation at some point. Like what's been pointed out, Disney can't have Fox because it's a broadcast channel and by law, they can have just one and theirs is ABC. It could be carved up like a turkey just in time for Thursday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. the greenman

They would be better off buying certain IP like X-Men, Fantastic Four, The Simpsons and Futurama, Seth MacFarlane's stuff, older FOX fare owned by them. Simpsons alone I imagine is a pretty penny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Magmaster12

Seems like Disney needs to wait for the right moment when Fox has there stocks rumble just enough. Which could happen if the amusement park in the Phillipines bombs.

#113 Magmaster12, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm really curious to see how Disney would handle a consolidation of Marvel characters if they got the X-Men and FF back.

Like, would they let the Fox studios keep going as they are or do all future projects dissolve in order to be integrated into the MCU? I can see that being messy and disappointing a lot of people, on-top of just being a lot to manage.

15. the greenman

I feel a fair proposition would be to give the creators about 5 years to complete their stories. Unfortunately, it would be doubtful. I remember when Disney bought Marvel the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series didn't go on.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Magmaster12

Thing is at this point it does feel the entire X Men universe should be recast, Jackman is gone, the public is sick of Lawrence and McAvoy and Fassbender have already appeared in enough to be comfortable with while the rest of the cast is pointless incredibly forgettable.

As good the X-Men casting has been they never add more to the characters like Robert Downy Jr, Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth did with there characters/ The X-Men characters are just there to be the pull in actor and read there lines it's always the obvious choice which not always the best thing.