1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It's good to check in every so often for any possible difference in his answer. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, we're still about 5 years away before FOX's expiration date. Unless they do something slick like include one of the FF ancillary aliens in the next few films.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

4. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

So I'm guessing that if the same is true for DC this puts even more of a kabosh on getting JK Simmons back as J. Jonah Jamenson in the Spider Man films. Though honestly that's like the only real negative I can think of for this deal. I guess from an actor's perspective you could say "well how could a studio limit the amount of roles I can get" but... considering it's only to the one company who seems to be casting in a different way anyway I don't see an issue with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Weird how it's Chris Hemsworth who says that the guy plays a public domain character and exists in the DC universe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

7. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

Didn't the actress who played one of the Dora Milaje in Civil War also appear as one of the amazons in Wonder Woman? And then went to reprise her role in Black Panther? Granted, both were very minor roles, but it is one example of an actor being in both universes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, Florence Kasumba.

There was Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, he was in Dark World and Suicide Squad - granted his character died in the former and it was a secondary villain role. Tao Okamoto was in BvS and in The Wolverine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Earlier today, Holland confirmed he just talked to Feige and it looks like they're changing canon and Parker was indeed the little boy Iron Man saved from the Hammer Drone in IM2.

Feige was asked about Blade again and replied "We think it would be cool. Someday."

Feige confirmed they're not going to reveal what's after the 4th Avengers movie other than what they said about the second Spider-Man 2 movie (EDIT: and GoTG Vol. 3). They're playing the next phase close to the vest for now. Makes sense they're focused on the movies in development now and finishing off the arc that started with IM1.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #490 Yojimbo, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  11. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

This is really weird but at the same time, it's pretty awesome. Iron Man 2 is one of my favorite MCU movies so it's great to see another layer added to the movie following other Easter Eggs/retcons like a reference to Black Panther and Coulson's love of Captain America.

It does make me wonder where were Uncle Ben and Aunt May?
    I really don't see Blade in the MCU outside of the Netflix shows, unless Disney started allowing R-rated movies which I don't expect.
    Makes sense. There are still seven Phase 3 movies to see before post-Phase 3 so there's no need to leap ahead in my mind. If anything, I think Marvel should've revealed Phase 3 piecemeal like they did for the previous phases, because people keep looking past Phase 3 now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. AdrenalineRush1996

Actually, Feige said recently that R-rated MCU films is not out of question.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Technically stuff like Venom at least according to Sony is suppose to be in the MCU even if it's not something the other movies will more directly address. And Venom's suppose to be R so in the vaguest sense that will be the "first R" of the MCU.

14. AdrenalineRush1996

Actually, Feige has clarified what Pascal and stated that yes, Venom is not part of the MCU.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I know that was a prevalent theory going into Civil War, so it's cool to see that be made canon and to know how Peter's been involved with the MCU since near the very beginning :D.

But boy does Tony Stark have a surprising amount of involvement in Peter Parker's life. Next thing you know we'll find out he went to high school with Uncle Ben and taught him "With Great Power there must also come Great Responsibility" :p.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Feige confirms there have been discussions about Captain Britain.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I feel like Capt. Britain wouldn't get his own film, which leaves the question: which other character could he join?

I wouldn't mind seeing him appear in Capt. Marvel 2. It's hard to think of another film he'd easily fit in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They might not give Captain Britain his own solo movie, but I could see them maybe doing an MI-13/Excalibur film or include them in another movie to introduce more classic heroes alongside him, like the Black Knight or his wife Meggan :).

I wonder if they could get away with using Psylocke as Betsy Braddock...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

TBH, I hadn't really considered an Excalibur film, but after GotG, I guess you never know.

And I really liked Black Knight in the old comics, so I'd be up for that.

As for Psylocke....your guess is as good as mine. At the very least, we can probably assume that she wouldn't be a mutant. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

500 posts reached. PART 4 WILL BE UP SHORTLY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.