1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think there's still someone out there <cough>Rhodey<cough> and with all that's happened, I see him playing things close to the vest.

2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

With all the conjecture of a Spider-Man rebooting to tie-in to the MCU, I found this article interesting about where they can go next:

Should Marvel Reboot These 3 Film Franchises? (DIS)

I wouldn't mind seeing the suggested portrayal of Punisher. It reminds me of a suggestion of someone in the industry in a Wizard magazine article back in the day. Midnight Sons could easily be MCU Netflix Phase 2.

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind it but theres a large line of heroes I'd rather see before they try to reboot any of those properties. Maybe they could just put Blade and Ghost Rider in cameos in a Doctor Strange movie.

4. ms78

ms78 Member

I'd save Blade for later. If they ever get Spider-Man's rights back they could team them up and have them face Morbius the Living Vampire. If it does well you can then spin him off into his own movie or tv show.

5. RoryWilliams

6. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

7. RoryWilliams

Hee hee...I was predicting Cap 3 would involve the Death of Captain America storyline in some way...

8. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I'm not sure Steve will die in this forthcoming film. If anything it's the beginning of a storyline. I think if somebody wanted to use the Civil War as an excuse to assassinate Steve and pin it on Tony it would be a film or two down the line. Captain America 3 begins the war and perhaps in The Avengers 3 Steve is assassinated. This would allow for the latter to take place well-into the Civil War and explore the effects on the universe. It would also mean Evans' contract would be used up and leave more doubt for whether or not Steve would return to life.

I don't see the film being about a Super Hero Registration Act, though. I don't think Tony would support it, given he's been building his own private army of sorts and was so leery of SHIELD in The Avengers. I think Steve will get a hair up his ass about Tony having a privatized superhuman military and throw a hissy fit about that so Marvel can indulge in real-world criticism of private military forces.

#968 KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  9. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Yeah from what I heard the Civil War storyline in the comics wouldn't work for the movie-verse especially with how Tony didn't really seem pro government at all even in his latest outing. We'll see what happens to him and Steve in Age of Ultron and how this will relate to the rest of phase 3. Which honestly I thought was more of just setting up Thanos but actually since most of that seems to just be in teasers or in just showing off the gems, actually having a running plotline of a variation of the super hero regristration act in all the movies would be intersting as so many heroes could show off different sides and feelings towards it. Of course if Robert Downy Jr is altering his contract some I think Chris would as well to show up more as the Cap and we'll see the two probably pop up more in various other films until Avengers 3 if the two really do go on opposing sides. Again hard to say how this will go especially when so little of stage 3 is known so far but it's an interesting direction all the same. I can also probably see Captain America 3 being subtitled Civil War. Heh, if they wanted to be more on the nose they'd name it Iron Man vs Captain America: Dawn of Civil War but I really don't see them going THAT far.

10. RoryWilliams

I can't imagine Avengers 3 will be anything other than Infinity Gauntlet after all this build-up.

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Ohhhhhhh man! Iron Man in Cap 3? Cap 3 setting up Civil War for an Avengers film?

Just when you think CBMs can't get any bigger, this happens! There is so much potential in this! Cap 3 is now the MCU film I am most hyped for!

12. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

If Downey just renewed himself for an extra film I don't see how the Thanos arc can't be pushed back until Avengers 4 should the planned story tickle Downey's fancy enough for him to agree to come back. I can't quite imagine introducing the concept of a Civil War and then having Thanos interrupt said Civil War and not wait until both sides are exhausted.

13. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

So, as someone who hasn't read any of the comics, I wanna ask, what's the Civil Wars storyline about?

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Basically, every single superhero on Earth end up on two teams, and fight each other.

Here is a plot summary (first two paragraphs):
    Civil War (Story Arc) - Comic Vine

Its one of the biggest comic arcs ever.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Firstly, go RDJ! Excellent news. Sort of hints Cap and Tony will bond in Age of Ultron since amid the Hawkeye rumors a guest star would be someone Cap associates with strongly.

The problem is there aren't enough superhumans in the MCU to warrant the Superhuman Registration Act and form two giant teams to fight each other, what role would Coulson's fledgeling S.H.I.E.L.D. 2.0 compared to the S.H.I.E.L.D. in the comics run by Hill, a lot of the players won't be even introduced by the time Cap 3 comes around. Obviously then, this is going to be another loose adaptation like how Avengers: Age of Ultron isn't the same as the Age of Ultron comic. So I would go out on a firm limb and say it's going to be Captain America: Civil War.

EDIT: Apparently so is 'Fallen Son' along with Age of Ultron rumors and Avengers 3 rumors
    http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/13/robert-downey-jr-bringing-civil-war-to-captain-america-3/

16. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool to see more RDJ, less cool to see a possible Civil War since that was a truly awful storyline.

17. RoryWilliams

18. ms78

ms78 Member

What if its not Civil War and just a straight Iron Man vs Captain America movie. The plot could have Iron Man chasing after the Winter Soldier and Captain America trying to save him. That way they can still do hero vs hero and save the Civil War for later.

19. RoryWilliams

If this is Civil War I wonder if they could get appearances (or at least cameos) from some of the Netflix heroes.

20. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

LOL, really now. Lucky for WB to move, we got a royal rumble Batman v Superman v Captain America v Iron Man.

Anyways, I am doubtful they'll adapt the true comic, but don't forget the Netflix heroes are on their way, and we know DD is strictly secret. I kinda wouldn't be surprised if Tony tries to do something like Bruce did in The Dark Knight monitoring people. Does that seem out of character? We have to wait and see AoU. I also can see that Avengers Disassemble arc they hinted at being tied into a larger focus of the Skrull invasion. Lemme stop there before I jump too far ahead of myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.