1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Announces Inhumans Series on ABC

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Frontier, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Frank Welker's available, I'm sure ;).

Also not sure if Mount's costume is comic-accurate or not or if that's his proper "Black Bolt" garb. It might be because he's missing the mask and it's not close-up, though it looks more like a coat compared to Black Bolt's traditional garb o_O.

2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, Gunn's bro stood in for Rocket in GOTG. . .

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Right now, Tim Blaney is in my head from MiB. heh.

Yeah, hard to say but I'm sure better pics will surface this week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Man, that would be interesting, to say the least :p.

I wonder if we'll see the costumes for the rest of the Royal Family leak as well? Or at least give us a good idea of what kind of "looks" the series will be going for...

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I guess that means we'll be seeing the Inhumans head to Earth...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Just when S.H.I.E.L.D. has the Inhumans outbreak quelled... I'm guessing this could be part of Maximus's possible scheming?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, traditionally he's more pro-isolation, but you never know what Maximus is up to with his madness, only that it's never something good :ack:.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess by the comics it could be either Maximus or Black Bolt I think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

How will they handle the whole Black Bolt mute situation?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, they mentioned in the press release that Mount seemed excited for the challenge of playing a character who can't speak, so I imagine it'll still be a major element with the character :cool:.

We'll still have Medusa to translate for him and I imagine Mount will do his utmost to express Black Bolt and his feelings/character without words ;).

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, for me, after Rocket and Groot -- nothing left to imagination, imo. Should be similar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. the greenman

I assume this series will culminate to the feature film. So, this cast is a mix of tv and film folks. Also, hope this looks good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Will film in Diamond Head in south part of O'ahu -- think military installation in dormant volcano cone. Could be Attilan.

Hawaii Film Studio, the main sound stage studio/production facility/filming water tank, is located in the area, too, fyi.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I'm sure that's what Ike Perlmutter wants to really happen but I do kind of doubt it since usually when a series is relegated to one specific field for Marvel, they don't push it to another. As in we haven't seen really any actual talk of any of the show or Netflix series becoming movies. I guess Inhumans could prove incredibly popular in it's limited IMAX run or on TV to get more of a push but I just don't see that happening. Especially since again Inhumans was only pushed as a movie at first because of Ike Perlmutter's insistance on one when he was head of the MCU in order for there to be a Black Panther and Captain Marvel movie. When he got taken off the Inhumans dropped as film and eventually got this deal which I think is suppose to serve as a nice substitute for it.

Plus honestly this concept probably works better as a TV series then a movie anyway. Considering you have to balance all the members of the royal family and the other heroes and villains and they're various conflicts. Heck the main cast already is at least 8-10 people and that only really works in making everyone a main star in a TV show format not really a film format. Especially since this is suppose to be from what I remember Marvel trying to push a game of thrones esque series and GoT never really tried for a film for obvious reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  16. the greenman

Well, not sure why Feige insisted it's still happening? Unless he decides to go ahead and later on backpedaling on how it doesn't work in a film.

17. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Feige isn't insisting it's still happening as much as he said the project wasn't "fully cancelled". It was their way of not totally abanodoning the project but taking it off the list so if something about it eventually appeals to them they would of made it but were under no time table or regulation to make a movie. Since there are plenty of movies in some sort of production that were in talks of some form but may never happen (like a Hawkeye movie for instance) but totally 100% abandoning a project is just bad press for these sort of teams so it makes more sense honestly to say it's happening and on the docket then totally kilboshing it.

Honestly either way this Inhumans project go it won't look terrible for the studio honestly. If it fails to catch on it will just be considered another Agent Carter of one of those ideas that had potential but couldn't make the most of it. It could be perfectly fine and just be another Agents of SHIELD or even better but still just work perfectly as a TV project. And if it somehow blows people away in this new format and gets a major launch to a full movie it already has a solid groundwork in a show that famliarizes people with the characters so they can jump to a much more epic scale story. In other words if it's a failure it doesn't have to tie into the movies and can be swept easily enough under the MCU rug, thus giving a reason not to do any more major Inhumans projects. And if it's a success it's another major win for the studio, that will be the first major transition from one kind of medium to another for the TV/Netflix/Movie MCU. I honestly expect it to be between those two extremes, but I guess we'll see for sure in September.

• Like Like x 1
  18. the greenman

Well, we'll have to wait and see. In other words, Marvel is kinda treating this like FOX is treating FF and Gambit. The only difference is FOX is trying to forcefully hold on to their Comic IP whether they think it can work or not.

With Feige, we'll have to wait for Phase 4, which he said may be longer than the others were. Then, we'll get an idea of what may happen from there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    #99 Yojimbo, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  20. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

That looks very nice. It looks like they're going to try and translate the costumes into modern-looking clothing, which works well for someone like Crystal, but unfortunately made Black Bolt look like he's just a really big fan of Blade II.:p

EDIT: Intriguing set photo of some kind of obelisk.

• Like Like x 1
    #100 RoryWilliams, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017