1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Announces Inhumans Series on ABC

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Frontier, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not to mention that possible Ghost Rider spinoff :rolleyes2:.

And, depending on how things turn out, that Ms. Marvel pitch might get folded into the New Warriors ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Or maybe they'll just have Attilan set on the Moon, so it's totally separate from everything else going on. Hmm..

Indeed. And there's always the chance of bringing back Agent Carter...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So...it's not replacing the movie :sweat:?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't believe I missed that, although seeing how it's so lackadaisically placed in the final paragraph, almost like an afterthought, I have t wonder how true it is...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I have a feeling that they're going to wait to see how this does and if it's actually successful before whether or not they directly say that Inhumans movie is cancelled. Though even if it is popular... wouldn't it be popular as a TV series and not a film? Maybe if they get some incredible IMAX numbers for the first two episodes released (which are coming out BTW on what is normally considered the general worst weekend to release movies the entire year, the first weekend of September which usually has either the most limited of releases or movies that are pretty much DOA) but honestly I have a feeling even if Inhumans succeed it will be more for ABC then for their own movie. Especially since they're going to be casting and filming this more like a TV series so... I really don't see them taking that cast and pumping up the budget a 100+ million dollars more for a huge feature film.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I find this incredibly ironic considering how racist the guy is.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The Moon it is. Fascinating read on their strategy and mindset in the article.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

So this is essentially a test for the Inhumans brand and a way to connect to the Inhumans story in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. indirectly sooner than the movie would. If the show succeeds, I expect the movie to be confirmed for Phase 4 with the show being treated as a prologue. Then all the actors can return in the movie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

There's still no guarantee the show would include the Royal Family right? They could save the most popular characters for the film.

11. Neo Ultra Mike

Uh no reflection01. It's been made clear that this is going to star and feature the Royal Family. As shown here.

http://moviepilot.com/p/marvel-inhumans-tv-series-comic-books-accurate/4151989

And yeah as that is the big Inhumans story, I can't see them doing anything bigger or more impactful within the MCU with these characters. I mean if you're already dealing with the Royal Family and their moon base in the show, what exactly would warrant a larger push for a movie?

Honesty if this is focusing on the big family drama aspect to get a Game of Thrones esque series for the MCU probably better it's a series anyway. A movie would have a bigger budget and likely larger stakes but also have a much shorter run time and a limited focus on character growth. Doing it as a show would allow it to more focus on the dynamics and growth of the family which if that's what they're going for then that would still be interesting to see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #31 Neo Ultra Mike, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just hope the way they're handling this series lends itself to a little more budget and a lot of effort to make this the high quality production it deserves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PF9

PF9 Member

I'd also like to see a Hulk TV series on ABC in the MCU. It might be the only way we could see further Hulk solo adventures in the MCU, since Universal owns sole distribution rights to solo Hulk features (whereas a Hulk TV show could be a joint production of ABC Studios and Universal TV).

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. reflection01

So would a film actually crossover the TV show with whatever Avengers or other heroes are around at the time?

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It's what we've all been demanding since day one.

EDIT: Mark Kolpak, VFX on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., confirmed he is not working on Inhumans.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #35 Yojimbo, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  16. reflection01

Which is why I'm skeptical that's what we are going to get.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't understand what you're talking about, harder since you don't quote. What's making you skeptical again? Because this is the Inhumans TV series thread. The initial press stated it stars Black Bolt and the Royal Family and hints it's not on Earth at all. So the likelihood of any characters from movies or TV will appear at all on this 8 episode season is zilch, imo, and it will be insulated, more so than Guardians of the Galaxy.

18. Neo Ultra Mike

Part of me thinks in order to help promote the series more there will at least be a a reference or cameo with Agents of SHIELD at some point considering both are likely going to premiere episodes at the same time but yeah pretty separated from everything else. Again Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios are really only collaberating on this project from what it seems to get the Inhumans into IMAX theaters as part of a special marketing tactic. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to have anything to do with the movies unless it "earns it" which is what apparently the Netflix series had to/maybe still have to do.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, the only people on Earth who know about Attilan would probably be those Afterlife elders Jiaying kept referring to in season 2 of AOS but were never seen if they even existed - but even, maybe the location was lost to time - and of course, Nick Fury. j/k about that last part... or a random Agent Carter flashback or even explain they were somehow responsible for that Kree's crash landing who later became the one they were making the GH serum from.

20. reflection01

Yojimbo, it wasn't necessary to quote because you only made two statements to which I could have been responding.

I doubt we are going to get any movie-TV crossover because that's what we've been wanting. So the idea that there is a forthcoming Inhumans film that will include the same characters and actors as the TV show seems very far fetched.