"Marvel Anime: X-Men" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 24, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - "X-Men Anime"

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

16.7%
  3. ****

33.3%
  4. ***1/2

16.7%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

X-Men Anime arrives on home video!

[​IMG]

X-MEN ANIME
    Release Date:
    April 24th, 2012
    Studio: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Synopsis: The X-Men are reunited following the death of a teammate and are summoned by Charles Xavier to Japan following the abduction of Hisako Ichiki. There, they confront the U-Men, a lunatic cult that steals and transplants mutant organs to further strengthen its own army, and the battle for justice is on. Discovering a series of bizarre occurrences in the area they X-Men investigate only to be confronted with a terrible truth that will force them to confront long buried secrets. X-Men Anime features the voice of actor Scott Porter as Cyclops

Bonus Features:
    • Re-Examining The X-Men takes viewers behind-the-scenes of creating X-Men’s mutant tales.
    • X-Men: A Team of Outsiders provides an in-depth exploration of Marvel’s most heroic and infamous mutants.
    • Special Talk Session round table discussion with the creators of Marvel anime's X-Men and Blade.

Discuss the DVD release and included episodes here!

Related Discussion:
    -Marvel Anime Series Talkback (Spoilers)

2. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

I've seen 1 or two episodes on G4 but have yet to sink my teeth into this show, so I picked it up at Best Buy for only $15 (cheap for anime) and I plan on watching it a little later on this week. I'm very excited, I loved the X-Men cartoon from the 80's and I was a big fan of the Wolverine and the X-Men show from a couple years back so this set was a must for me, too bad it's only 1 season at 12 episodes....

Any chance for a 2nd season of the Marvel anime shows anytime soon?

3. suss2it

suss2it New Member

Are you talking about the Pryde of the X-Men​ pilot, or the 90s series?

4. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

That was a mistake from me, I mean the 90's series that ran on Fox during the mid-90's. My bad.

Either which way, this new X-Men anime rocks so far, I'm 5 episodes into it and enjoying every last second of it and really hope we see more Marvel anime in the near future. :D

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Oh, by the way Manga4life, stay after the credits for the final episode. Theres a little bonus scene.

6. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

I just watched this last night, I really enjoyed it and I hope they make more episodes of it. And to be honest I really enjoyed this series more than I did Wolverine and the X-Men, W&tX was a good show, I just found the X-Men Anime to be more enjoyable.

7. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

I've only seen the first two episodes, but wow, this show is WAY better than the Iron Man one. I really can't wait to watch more. Also, kinda neat thing about the DVD, it plays the subbed Japanese version as default. Just thought that was neat for a show like this.

8. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

Holy crap, it defaults to the actual audio track for the series? Wow Marvel, that's the best thing you've ever done. Bravo!

9. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

For those interested, NickandMore has a review of the new two-disc X-Men Anime DVD release available to read here!

10. GoldenSaint

GoldenSaint New Member

Nice review, though there's one detail worth pointing out: Warren Ellis only came up with the plot outlines for X-men as well as those of all four Marvel Anime series.

The episode scripts were directly written by the different Japanese staff members, not him, and Ellis has basically dismissed taking credit for the final product, for better or for worse.

11. charleshudgen

charleshudgen Charles Hudgen

I just watched it last night and I really enjoyed watching my favorite characters. I just hope they can still make more episodes because we all love X-Men. We are really excited if this will happen. We are really excited for more fun and excitement that X-men will bring to us.

12. Zentron

Zentron New Member

I prefer to watch series on DVD/s, but I did see most of this show and enjoyed it immensely.. still don't know what some people were on about Wolverine having a mullet :confused:

Anyway, I am glad I ordered the DVD/s... I would have much preferred Blu-Ray, though I am happy with having the DVD/s for now :anime:

13. suss2it

suss2it New Member

Those people weren't talking about this anime, but the Wolverine Anime where he looked like this:

[​IMG]

14. Zentron

Zentron New Member

Ahh, I see.... though that still ain't a mullet!

15. Aaron

Aaron New Member

well then this...

The ORIGINAL trailer for the Wolverine anime had him sporting a crazy 80s "super mullet of power". LOL.

It was the short spikey look in front and top. And waist-length in the back.

Here's the original trailer posted on the the official MARVEL youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYjywXyyDI

Maybe that's where all the mullet talk stemmed from.

16. Zentron

Zentron New Member

Yeah I see now... though the talk should have stopped there!

17. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

I wish they hadn't changed it, actually. That's a badass design right there. Add in Koyama Rikiya's voice and you have one mean Wolvie.

18. Aaron

Aaron New Member

changed?

Changed it from what?
    You mean from the "Wolverine" Anime design?
    Or from the the ORIGINAL trailer design?

I liked the way he looks in the "Wolverine" and "Iron Man" Animes.
    But I HATED his look for that original trailer.

Also, his look in the "X-Men" anime, LOOKS more like Wolverine. So, I'm totally fine with it.

19. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

The look from the trailer. His original look was a lot more interesting than what we eventually got in Wolverine's series.

20. Zentron

Zentron New Member

Mullets are evil, the bane of humanity, they should all be destroyed and the style banned upon pain of death for anyone who even mutters the name!

Anyway, back to the DVDs, great set, though I would have preferred a decent amount of extras!