1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Animation Blu-ray/DVD News & Discussion Thread, Part 13 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy New Member

Somebody needs to make a petition for more DVD and Blu-Ray releases, because digital downloads are not going to cut it, I want a physical copy of all these marvel shows, from the 90s all the way up to now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Disney doesn't release sets for their own animated series, let alone Marvel ones. At this point in time, I don't expect much of anything unless Disney sees potential profit in releasing the shows on DVD and Blu-ray. If the sales are poor, they likely won't release any more sets.

3. Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy New Member

I've got nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy New Member

If they're not going to release their shows on DVD or Blu-ray, then what is the point of releasing them on digital downloads?

5. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

It gives people some way to own them, and/or watch them anytime, while saving Disney the cost and resources of pressing discs and cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

7. Dsneybuf

As Stephen Wacker foresees discs dying out, Marvel Studios expresses hope for a disc format that seems even more niche than DVD, by making 3-D Blu-Ray the only way to watch the IMAX versions of their movies.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #187 Dsneybuf, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  8. Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy New Member

When will Silver Surfer the Animated Series come to iTunes?

9. JonnyModlin

JonnyModlin New Member

i want spider-man the animated series released on dvd and blu ray in complete series set.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy New Member

Me too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nappy

nappy New Member

any updates on DVD or HD digital download release of X-Men:Evolution Season 4?

I mean its been how many years since the show ended? Also, x-men:apocalypse came and gone, that would have been the perfect time to tie in the release of S4 on DVD. But I'm not sure why no one thought of that. Logan is out that has X23 in it, a character introduced by evo who appears in an epsiode of season 4. They could have thought about the release from the angle but still we got nothing if the decision to release really is based on best the time for maximum sales.

Sure we can watch the show on youtube, but the quality is horrible.

Sorry, Im just ranting especially since there is no one you can directly reach out to and get your answers from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Legal rights for X-Men Evolution on DVD are a bit confusing as explained here. We haven't seen any DVD releases for Marvel animated shows for some time now so whether Disney has the rights to X-Men: Evolution or Warner Bros does, I don't think we'll be seeing anything any time soon. A lot of shows are only available digitally now, so there's not much we can do.

13. farmer44

farmer44 New Member

it's interesting that some of you are discussing wishes for disney/marvel stuff on physical media, because I've just been discussing the same thing over on disney forums with people who want the same thing. I made a facebook page with a couple lists of things that should be released on dvd or bd. PM me in private if you are interested in starting something up. I don't want to overstep boundaries/rules on the forum. Thanks everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

What's an online petition going to do?

I think the best thing you can hope for is the classic shows getting collected on some streaming services so you can binge them whenever you want.

15. Dsneybuf

Hulu has the '90s X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons, and X-Men: Evolution, if you didn't already know.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

17. Dsneybuf

I've wondered if The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes remains absent because of all the appearances by the Fantastic Four and their rogues.

• Like Like x 1
  18. nappy

nappy New Member

yes but Hulu is not in Canada. That's very restricted.

How can I watch X-MEN:EVOLUTION season 4 in good DVD quality in Canada with Season 4 still not having been released on DVD yet?

• Like Like x 1
  19. nappy

nappy New Member

so no updates on this then? i guess i can stop hoping for x-men evol dvd release in this lifetime

20. Kirben

Kirben Member