1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Animation Blu-ray/DVD News & Discussion Thread, Part 12 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

2. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

So what are the chances of getting Avengers EMH on Bluray in the states? I know the Canadian is the same deal, but just curious if a stateside version will include more stuff.

4. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Probably close to zero - if they were doing to do it, it would have been done, probably. They won't want a new release to overshadow the new series, after all.

5. Dsneybuf

Ar the risk of sounding pompous, I find it kind of weird that if you Google "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Blu-Ray" (without quotes), an imaginary list of bonus features, written by me, turns up on the first page of results. Not at the top of the page, but still on it. Replace "Blu-Ray" with "DVD", and it gets bumped down only to results page #2.
    I haven't linked to the list from here because I don't know if Medinnus would mind me name-dropping him in one of the descriptions.

6. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I can't imagine how a product of the same title and franchise will over shadow another. I mean, I could see if it was Wolverine &the XMen, but this is the biggest franchise they own. They can easily release two sets in about 3 or 4 discs each and be done. Keeping the franchise fresh in the publics mind. This is why I never wanted Disney to touch Marvel cause their Home Video department sucks.

7. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Then you need to expand your imagination (j/k), given the excellence of the AEMH episodes in season one and the first half of season two, I am quite sure that if I were Marvel Studios, I wouldn't want people refreshing their memories of the AEMH episodes, and inviting comparison to the new series. Enough people are going to be emotionally reactive and unfair without highlighting AEMH, just as (fairly or unfairly), part of the criticism of USM was that many people compared it to SSM.

They don't want the AEMH brand to stay fresh, and there is little to no merchandise surrounding the AEMH brand. They want people to forget about it and become enthusiastic supporters of AVENGERS ASSEMBLE, its toys and its tie-ins.

8. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

If the new Gargoyles DVD through the Disney Movie Club is successful, what does everyone think of our chances of finally getting some of the 90s Marvel cartoons through DMC?

9. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

If Disney had any interest in releasing the Marvel sets, we would have had Spider-Man and Avengers releases last summer. I wouldn't get your hopes up, I would look to see if you could squire a multi region player and import them from Region 2. :)

10. cnx

cnx Guest

Just joined this forum to find out what is going on with X-Men:Evolution season 4 DVD release. Will it ever be released on DVD. Anyone here has credible information about if and when it will be released

Much appreciated.

11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

You know about as much as any of us do. It's hard to tell what they have planned for these old series (if anything), especially now they've begun taking seasons off of Netflix.

12. cnx

cnx Guest

wait, they're taking seasons off netflix? I live in Canada and always heard netflix content for Canada is different than US so I never really joined.

I hope its a good sign that they're taking seasons off in order to release them on DVD.

13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Evo specifically is just down to one season on Netflix now. I think some shows like 90s Hulk are completely gone. While I hope something like Evo S4 finally makes it to a proper home release, I can't really think of this as a good sign.

*edit* Looks as though most of the 90s series, 60s Spidey and FF:WGH are gone.

14. Dsneybuf

(07-17-2013, 04:35 PM)
    Strangely, I still have access to the '90s Incredible Hulk cartoon until July 29. I assume that since I watched one episode before the expiration date (the one guest-starring Sasquatch), Netflix thinks I wanted more time to watch the whole show.

(07-20-2013, 2:06 PM)
    Now I found word that Earth's Mightiest Heroes will leave on August 1. I thought they would have to step aside for Man of Action's Avengers to assemble, but I hoped that Marvel would at least wait until that show's first season ended.

15. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

For those of us in region 2, Clear Vision is having a sale of their Marvel DVDs, here.

Some of these are dirt cheap, well worth a look.

16. Dsneybuf

Netflix has taken down the expiration date for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

17. Matty-lad

Matty-lad Member

Hey all,

I don't know if anyone is still interested, but on Saturday I found the Ultimate Spider-Man volume 4 at Tesco with a sticker on sasying it was their exclusive. At only £5 I thought it was a good buy.

Take care,
    Matty-lad

18. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

what happened to that planned Iron Man/Hulk CGI-based team-up DTV project?

19. TheSkeletonMan93

Well, it was scheduled to come out months ago, but I think someone realized how awful it was going to be and had some rewrites done. That of course means more money has to be pumped into the project for a new story, more storyboards, more animation, maybe more music... the list goes on.

I haven't heard anything official, though.

20. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

It was pushed back to November. Reasons are officially unknown but I am pretty sure quality control was part of it considering how mediocre the trailer was. Everything about the original trailer was just . . . so . . . flat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.