1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Animation at Wonder Con 2017

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 31, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As usual, Marvel Animation will have a panel at this year's Wonder Con. Here are the official details released:
    Please use this thread, or any of the existing News & Discussions threads for the already airing Marvel shows, to post any of the news revealed today at the panel. This thread can also be used to post your overall thoughts on all these announcements, or add your hopes and predictions before the panel actually starts.

The news relevant to the Marvel shows will still be added to their respective News & Discussion threads afterwards, if only to have the topics more complete and up to date in regards to upcoming stuff.

Also, if somehow any completely new projects are announced, expect new threads to be posted shortly afterwards on this very forum.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

Did anyone find out any information yet?

3. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

We should hear something about it in 30 minutes.

EDIT: I live in Texas, so it's 3:08 PM right now. Is California one or two hours behind that time zone?

• Like Like x 3
    #3 TheLemsterPju, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  4. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

SyfyWire has an exclusive interview with Wacker about Marvel Animation projects and the wider strategy of the company. There's not a ton of new information, but there are some light details on Marvel's Spider-Man and how the Rocket and Groot shorts were made.
    California is two hours behind Texas.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TheLemsterPju

It's already started and I found nothing.

EDIT: Still nothing. Which is ironic because there was more attendees at this panel than some of the DC panels, according to the Wondercon site.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #5 TheLemsterPju, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Was there nothing of note announced at the panel? No one seems to be reporting about it....

7. TheLemsterPju

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Nothing of note announced.

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, that's a bummer :sad:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

It seems like it was more of an recap of what we already knew. I wonder if any episodes were shown (likely of Guardians, if anything).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TheLemsterPju

I guess that's why no site covered it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's a little disappointing no news site covered this panel. I'm guessing an actual write-up of the event will be available eventually but it doesn't seem like a priority at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

It's probably what Marvel does. They don't leave any news site covered on events before they write them up. Hopefully, The News will be available tomorrow. So we can see what was announced there.

14. TheVileOne

Reporter

Basic gist of it:

- New Guardians of the Galaxy clip. So the sarcophagus holds a baby. Easy guess who the baby is. His name rhymes with Bat 'Em Bore Sock. Nova Prime and the Nova Corp. want the baby. The sarcophagus somehow connected with a Nova Corp helmet that looks like Sam Alexander/Nova's black helmet from the comics and Ultimate Spider-Man. The helmet in the Nova Corp's position is apparently acting up and moving on its own. The baby also appears to have incredible near omnipotent powers.

- New clip for Avengers Assemble S4E2. Agent Peggy Carter has returned from the past and meets Captain America again in the present. Peggy is voiced by Hayley Atwell once again playing the character. They are fighting Kang who is trying to eliminate Tony Stark/Iron Man. There's a second Iron Man/Stark, possibly a descendant of Tony who is there fighting Kang as well. A lot of flirting and hints of actual romance between Cap and Peggy. Seems even in the animated universe, Sharon Carter can't get a break.

- Clip was shown of new animated Spider-Man. Animation and art style looks a lot more stylized than recent Marvel Animation. Peter is still wearing his homemade spider suit and web shooters similar to the MCU. He's just starting out and looking to thwart a bank robbery. He has a flashback about Uncle Ben explaining to him that with great power comes great responsibility. Spider-Man gives chase to the robbers in their getaway car and is able to stop it. However, he's then attacked by The Vulture.

- Short Q&A. Cort Lane said he saw the X-Men animated series rumor and it was unfounded. So no new X-Men animated series.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #14 TheVileOne, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  15. TheLemsterPju

Wacker may have played us though.

But there's no way to tell for sure.

16. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

Well at least San Diego comic con is only a few months away. That's when we'll find out everything

17. TheVileOne

Reporter

Don't hold your breath.

18. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

We'll wait until we see what happens. Hey, Everyone. I've got some ideas on what might happen. I think Marvel could skip SDCC this year in favour for D23 but Marvel Television would still be there. And some people got some on what they might reveal at the different events. Marvel TV: First look at Inhumans, Defenders and Punisher, definitely. Maybe a release date for Jessica Jones Season Two. Possibly Iron Fist Season Two announcement. Marvel Studios: Thor: Ragnarok trailer, definitely. Black Panther, Infinity War and maybe Ant-Man and the Wasp first looks. Possibly a first look at Brie Larson as Carol Danvers. Marvel TV: First Look at Cloak and Dagger and Runaways. Maybe some plot details about Daredevil Season 3. Possibly Luke Cage Season Two release date. Marvel Studios: The Fantastic Four and Namor's Returns to Marvel. Maybe some more upcoming MCU movies beyond 2020. Possibly a first trailer for Black Panther. Any thoughts on what the Marvel Animation side might bring?

19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I feel like Wacker must not have read much X-Men growing up if it's only after Skottie Young explained to him Generation X that he's starting to change his mind about them :confused:.

Y'know, I think I might've preferred that ending to Guardians season 1, if only because it would've addressed where the heck the Avengers were during Thanos' attack o_O.

I'll be interested to see just how different the New Avengers team works compared to the original team we followed in season 1, because I see the potential they could just function as stand-in's for the original seven if not handled well. But the pairings sound fun (if not necessarily romantic in nature) :).

(Gasp) Actual romance in a Marvel cartoon! Be still my beating heart :anime:.

It doesn't sound like Kang's improved much from his last appearance :sweat:.

Howard Stark in his own Iron Man armor sounds kind of silly, but it should be fun to see him and Tony interact ;).

• Like Like x 1