1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Animation at the New York Comic-Con 2017

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not to mention it doesn't look like we'll be seeing much of the New Avengers next season...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't expect the style of the Avengers show to change that much. I wish there was a clearer look at it but I guess we have to wait for that. Captain America's design is the only one that I really not liking right now. I wish they just stuck with the Ultimate look. As always, I'm wishing that we see better looking shows coming from their in-studio work but after four years, it doesn't feel like there will ever be a big change in the direction I'm hoping for.

I'm always looking forward to hearing about more shorts or features being announced, so it's a little disappointing that there wasn't any of that except for Lego and Funko stuff.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Not sure why all these other characters are needed for BP themed series...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So is Black Panther's Quest a new season? A sequel series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel Animation seems just really averse to solo cartoons, though I guess we should've seen this coming given "Avengers" is still in the title and they were mentioned in the series description :ack:.
    It's...kind of both :sweat:.

Technically it's the next season of Assemble, but now it's centrally focused on Black Panther and will predominantly focus on him and his world with The Avengers playing some kind of role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

It looks like Black Panther's Quest will resemble the current Spider-Man show which will be interesting to see. Same with Guardians apparently crossing over with Spider-Man even though they are from different realities.

I'm interested to see what the Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, and Squirrel Girl announcements will be.

Lego Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda should be really cool to see as well as the new shows they're working on and some of the plans for Guardians season three.

I hope the new shows expand beyond the Avengers characters and Spider-Man. With the X-Men and Fantastic Four nowhere in sight, it feels like they're limited to the amount of leading character shows they'd want to use.

I'm really happy to hear about the Marvel HQ YouTube channel now that Disney stopped releasing Marvel's animated shows on DVD. Hopefully it's not region locked.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's kind of funny that they're trying a new a house style and Iron Man already has a completely different design from his Marvel's Spider-Man look :p.

I think the Guardians' appearance in Spider-Man will probably be handled the same way Hulk and Iron Man's appearances on the show were handled. It'll just be the cartoon Guardians in the show's art style, basically.

Well, they're kind of limited to the main movie properties, but I get the sense with their comments about minority heroes and Squirrel Girl that we will see something different soon :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KombatMaster94

For the new shows, I'm hoping we get a new Avengers show for older audiences. At San Diego Comic Con, Marvel Animation did say they were planning shows and movies for that demographic though they had nothing to announce yet, so I just wanna see that and whatever other new shows and movies they make for older viewers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't mind Avengers and Spider-Man getting a lot of focus so long as these shows showcase other characters. Like She-Hulk, or Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, or pretty much anyone. They have so many characters, and these shows are the perfect vehicles to showcase them, like how Avengers Assemble features Ms Marvel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. LadyKlaue

LadyKlaue New Member

Am I understanding the Venom crossover correctly where they will crossover the new Spidey series with the current GotG, despite being different universes? The continuity in these cartoons is poor to begin with, but still...

11. thisguyisnotcool

Eventually Marvel Animation is gonna have to introduce new characters. Can't rely on same MCU mainstays for forever

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Seems like they're trying to spin Ms. Marvel as the "tagalong kid" of The Avengers, like Rick Jones or Robin on Justice League.
    I think the earlier seasons of Assemble are a testament to the flaws of just relying on the same MCU mainstays.

I mean, I'm not saying you can't focus on them, but I don't think Earth's Mightiest Heroes would've been near as strong and memorable as a cartoon as it was if it had been forced to just focus on the movie Avengers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thisguyisnotcool

Yeah. One has to wonder why not just make a Ms Marvel cartoon. I mean WB didn't need a Static movie to green light Static Shock. But since Marvel Animation is against solo shows why not Champions or Young Avengers?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That comment about Marvel's minority heroes has me wondering if there might be something in the works involving the Champions...

The only thing I could see against a Ms. Marvel solo cartoon, much as I would love one, is that she's still a relatively new hero with not a lot of material to work with compared to older Marvel heroes.

I would also say the same about the Champions, at least the current group.

15. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ya know it's pretty cool that Marvel HQ are planning to post episodes of their three main shows on YouTube for free. Maybe Disney will do that for their own shows later down the line.
    Would also be nice if they uploaded EMH, and other older Marvel shows, though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. thisguyisnotcool

Consedering Disney is making its own streaming service I'm kinda shocked by that tbh

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope they post episodes from their older stuff, but I think EMH probably has a better chance then Spectacular or any of the older X-Men and FF cartoons.
    I guess they didn't get the memo about Marshall replacing Futterman as Gamora :sweat:.