Marvel Animation at the New York Comic-Con 2017

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 6, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Details about this year's Marvel Animation panel at the New York Comic-Con have surfaced.

Sunday, October 8th
    MARVEL ANIMATION PRESENTS
    When: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    Where: 1A06
    There's still a month until Comic-Con starts, so other animation-related panels might be announced until that date. This thread will be updated with any new details, if necessary.

Please use this thread to discuss, add your hopes or predictions about what might be announced.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I get they want to hype up "Panther's Quest" but they do remember that there's currently an ongoing season of Avengers Assemble going on right :sweat:?

I'm curious what we'll get out of news for Marvel's Spider-Man out of the panel. By the time the panel hits we'll have gone through the Symbiote arc and a good deal of season 1. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed a clip showing either Anya or Gwen in-costume or getting their powers ;).

I imagine for Guardians they'll be showing some stuff from the finale, with the Guardians and other assembled heroes taking on Adam turned into the Magus :eek:.

I'll never get over how weird "Mission: Breakout" is as a season subtitle :confused:.

3. General Mike

General Mike Member

So is Black Panther gonna be it's own show like Hulk and the Agents of SMASH was, or is it just a renaming of the current Avengers show?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's basically a renaming of the current Avengers show, or re-branding it as a Black Panther cartoon, more or less :cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  5. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, Marvel shows tend to get retitled every season these days, but it still features the main characters. I wonder if they'll announce a new Marvel show or animated movie at NY Comic Con this year because that'd make the panel even more exciting. You got any idea what DC might bring at the event next month?

6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not sure if they'll announce any new projects, but I think they might talk some more about the upcoming Marvel Super Hero Adventures line. Maybe even preview some footage from the animated shorts.
    Check out this thread for the DC Animation panels at NYCC this year:
    http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/new-york-comic-con-2017.5617242/

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Wow... they've got a pretty impressive lineup so far with Batman Vs. Two-Face, Batman: Gotham by Gaslight and Tara Strong discussing about her career to us. I hope a YJ panel gets added over the next couple of weeks with other news

8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope Marvel Superhero Adventures will be like Super Hero Squad, but with better animation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's something I had forgotten all about - back at the San Diego Comic Con, they teased a special Captain Marvel-related announcement for October:
    https://www.newsarama.com/35564-sdcc-2017-marvel-animation-presents-panel.html
    I'd say it's too early to announce a 6th season of Avengers Assemble (especially since the 5th one hasn't even premiered yet), so perhaps an animated feature?

• Informative Informative x 1
    #9 RoyalRubble, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm honestly surprised they didn't have a feature set for this year to tie-in to Ragnarok, if I'm honest o_O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I was expecting to relax and check out the news today but it looks like I'm a day early.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Reminder: The Marvel Animation panel at NYCC starts today at 11:00AM.
    http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/49131/Marvel-Animation-Presents

Please use this thread, or any of the existing News & Discussions threads for the already airing Marvel shows, to post any of the news revealed today. This thread can also be used to post your overall thoughts on all these announcements, or add your hopes and predictions before the panel actually starts.

The news relevant to the Marvel shows will still be added to their respective News & Discussion threads afterwards, if only to have the topics more complete and up to date in regards to upcoming stuff.

Also, if somehow any completely new projects are announced, expect new threads to be posted shortly afterwards on this very forum.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

I wonder what will the animated project be? I hope it is a Captain marvel feature.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm kind of hoping for something Thor related :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

News from the panel:

- They showed a clip from the upcoming Venom episode, where Spidey mistakenly assumes Iron Man is under the Symbiote, and teased the storyline will lead to a crossover with GUardians of the Galaxy.

- Next season of Guardians will feature shorts showcasing the prison the Collector has prepared for the Guardians.

- The season will find the Guardians becoming rich and famous.

- Stan Lee will be one of the Collector's guards.

- The Guardians will be thrown into different worlds through the Black Vortex, and Gamora's will be Disney Princess-inspired, with Tara Strong voicing a singing animal.

- Ms. Marvel will appear in other cartoons.

- The New Avengers will go into Battleworld to find the missing Avengers.

- 7 more Marvel Funko shorts will be released in the coming weeks, featuring Thor, Hulk, Venom, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man and more.

- They showed a trailer for the Lego Guardians special "The Thanos Threat."

- There will also be a Black Panther Lego special called "Trouble in Wakanda."

- The entire first season of Guardians and first two Avengers Assemble seasons are now available on Marvel's Marvel HQ Youtube channel.

- "Panther's Quest" will use a similar style to Marvel's Spider-Man.

- A fan asked a pedantic question about the continuity of the various animated series. Lane told him they try to keep things consistent but their main focus is providing shows and stories that fans will connect with.

- A fan asked about whether Ms. Marvel or any other minority characters would feature a new show. Lane pointed to the upcoming Black Panther series - and that there would be some new series coming that he couldn't announce yet.

- A fan asked if Peter Parker's powers would evolve over the show. Lane said Peter's greatest power is his scientific mind, which would lead to him finding new tools and new abilities because of that as the show rolls on.

- No plans yet for Silk - but there are "big plans" in the works for Squirrel Girl in animation. An announcement should come within the next few months.

- A big Spider-Man comic book story from recent years will be adapted in upcoming episodes of Spider-Man - though Lane couldn't reveal what it would be.

• Like Like x 1
    #16 Frontier, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not much we didn't already know, but pretty good stuff, overall.

Interesting to note they still have some stuff to announce in the upcoming months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is apparently a first look at "Panther's Quest":

[​IMG]

Are we moving into Flash animation at this point :sweat:?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

I guess there is no special plans for Captain Marvel after all

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Northstar

Northstar New Member

Hmmm looks like I'll have reason to stop watching Avengers Assemble soon.

• Agree Agree x 2