1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Martian Manhunter: How much will this dude rock?!?

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RAMPAGE, May 3, 2001.

1. RAMPAGE

RAMPAGE Member

I just read the Doomsday Wars books and I have to say that Martian Manhunter looks awsome. Can't wait to see him in the JLA cartoon. I due hope they give this guy justice. How would you like him to act?

I'd prefer they DON'T make him act like that Vision character int eh Avengers cartoon :D

He should be a serious, almost batman like character on the show, rarely speaking. His powers shoudl be portrayed accurately as well. NO TONING DOWN!!! :cool:

What you guy's think?

2. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

I doubt they'll tone him down. But yeah, his design rules. I can't wait to get an animated figure of him. And yes, I know they released the Super Powers and JLA figures with him, but I don't like Super Powers figures at all and his JLA figure looked like crap.

If only DC Direct weren't $15, and get him. Hopefully we'll have a JLA Animated line.

BTW Rampage, have you read any of the Martian Manhunter series? It's set to be cancelled with #36, but back issues are relatively easy to find. It was a good series, and even though I didn't read much of it, I really liked issue #24.

3. RAMPAGE

RAMPAGE Member

No, haven't read 'em.

:mad: I didn't even know there was a comic of him! Hmph. I've been scannning comic stores and seeing him only in the JLA comics. But no Martian Manhunter...oh wait. Yes, I saw one but it looked like crap. It had a pic of him flying with two kids in his arms and it was in the clearance sale section. OH well, guess I should've got it.

I have a question to those who know, what's the deal with these JLA comics I've been finding called:

JLA: Justic League fo Atlantis
    JLG: Justice League of Gotham
    JLM: Justice League of Metropolis

What's up with those? And why arre they all dressed the same?

4. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

Justice League of Atlantis, Justice League of Arkham, Justice League of Aliens, Justice League of Amazons, etc. stemmed from a storyline where the JLA was being wiped from the memories of everyone on Earth leaving a "JLA, Justice League of A-" in their minds. Each JLA member tried to form a groups of their own.

JLAtlantis including Aquaman, Mera, Tempest and Power Girl
    JLArkham including Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Joker and Riddler.
    JLAliens including Supes, Martian Manhunter (luv his costume!), Starfire and Guy Gardner.
    JLAmazons included Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Huntress, Barda, Zatanna and Power Girl(she left at the end of the issue to go to the Atlantis League)

5. Doubledealer

Doubledealer Jonah Hex hates you

I always likened Martian Manhunter to that character Goliath from Gargoyles. Powerful, lonely, introspective, with the tiniest fleck of humor. It'd be cool to see some oreo cookie obsession in the cartoon.