1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

March's Drawing Board Open - Mad as a March Hare

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Remember! Entries have to be in no later than....

25 March!

2. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Danielle! Sorry I only caught yours when editting the new thread together! I think it's a cool intelligent idea which grabs the eye! Don't knock it! Glad you enjoyed making it and thrilled you put it up!!!

25th peeps, then I'll lock this and open the March gallery thread! Any pics I have missed in that thread, inform me ASAP! Thanks!

3. Marc

Marc Friend from another star?

I didn't think I'd make this month's contest, but better late than never, right? ;)

[​IMG]
    (Click to enlarge)

Here's my rendition of Watchmen's Rorschach, the greatest (and most insane) vigilante of all time, in my opinion of course. The scene; Rorschach pays his respects at the funeral of fallen comrade Edward "The Comedian" Blake. A feeble attempt on my part at mimicking the great Dave Gibbons, but it's one of my favorite scenes from the book.

- Cap

4. wriggle

wriggle Wriggly Worms!

*traces finger on the wooden desk* So... If I was gonna hand something in... I could hand it in tomorrow... Or tonight only? Hyperthetically... I could hand it in tomorrow..?

Right?

Only I've been like so totally busy with my art board! I swear! I *meant* to have gotten on to it a lot earlier... But time has just not been my friend lately.

Honest

5. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

I am unfamiliar with that character, but it looks great! The colouring is awesome and I really like how the trenchcoat looks. :)

-Tim

6. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Don't worry, I'm not going to be a git about this - get the entry in ASAP, I'll close the thread around the 25th but I won't slam the door shut at 12.00am GMT or anything. I'm interested in entries rather than administrative precision. :)

Cap:

Oooo, I love that! If only I could vote this time! My favourite character done justice! Great choice! If I could vote you would be top of the list for me!

7. wriggle

wriggle Wriggly Worms!

*rushes in* I'm not too late am I??

*pants* Oh my god, I cannot believe how much I rushed this! I've spent the whole night (when I should be doing my science, english, accounting *and* art ... ugh) trying to get this done, and I would still love to have a go at putting on some more layers or something!

But a deadline *is* a deadline. And thankyou SJJ. But I can only really work well at nightime on account of our computer faces like, right into the sun (I know, I *told* him not to put it there! Did he listen? Noo...).

*sigh* It's not as good as I would have hoped, and I have to admit, it's not one of my better piccies. But I liked the general idea of it anways. And as much as I'd love to sit here and be nitpicky and point out all the things wrong with it... I shant, cause it's boring and waste's time... :)

http://216.12.215.215/users/lm/Attachment/mad_as_a_march_hare_size.jpg

So, basically, for those that dont know (probably all of you) I'm a huuuge fan of Xmen Evo... And this just appealed to me I guess. Personally I think the Proffessor must be mad to offer up his home to all these crazy kids.. Hence the pic. :)

You name all the kids, I give you a prize? I've often seen imaginary cookies go up on offer, how about those? :D

*please, please *please* work!*

8. Kat Pryde

Kat Pryde Free Falling

OoOoO!!

Outlander – That’s a helluh wicked character you got there! Very interesting and one that I would like to know more of. The colored version is just fantastic, but again as for me the original sketch I like more. :)

Kylewayne – *lol*, I like the eyes so much! It’s cute but also gives out that crazy look, so I’ll let it pass. Though mine seems a little less appropriate for this month’s theme. :rolleyes: Nuff about me, very nice pic and kudos to Borg4of3 for the coloring! :D

Delia97 – Seeing you around Delaney’s Polls so much, I figured what you like and wasn’t surprised you would draw something Elle related. :) Great coloring on both pics and a nice idea about the hare’s head.

Danielle – That eye. Really freaky. Gaaah! I hate blood!! *applauds* That’s stuff we need this month. :) BloOoOd

Salvor – Freaky! So freaky that I fell laughing! That is so messed up. That’s an awesome job! :D

Cap.Infinity - Nice solid colorings you got there. Not sure who that character is but face or mask whatever, is good enough for me! :D :D

Wriggle - Oh no, poor ol' Proff. X! That's a pretty crazy pic! name them and get a prize? OoOo! I haven't been watching X-men:E since the new students came.. so there's Nightcrawler, Spike, Storm, Rogue, Kitty, jean, and Scott. My favourite of the bunch here is that firey girl, luv the face! nice coloring too. :)

=^-^=

I’m being too soft on my pictures aren’t I? Damn, I feel like I’m taking over the thread with three pics already and all I see is “cute” and perhaps against this month’s theme! Okay, okay!! Geesh, let me try again..

Don’t get fooled just because he’s pink. The most powerful evil dude in the DBZ universe and he had to be in this color. :rolleyes: Anywayz, this guy is hard to defeat;
    1) no matter how much you punch, kick, chop him up or even blast him, he would just gather himself up and be back to normal.
    2) he absorbs the strongest people he can find and become even stronger.
    3) he turns and living creature into candy so he could eat them!
    And 4) he’s even stronger when he’s little..

Super Buu
    See that coffee flavoured candy in his hand? That’s Earth’s only hope, downsized!
    click me!!

I dunno, I feel wrong posting another pic.
    *runs and hides by TZers throwing bricks‘n’brownies *

If you mind reading something *coughespcasitycough* click me!

9. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wriggle:
    Nice to see you made it - and you weren't the last either! Lots happening there - sure this will be a popular one!

Katgirl:
    I overuse it, but 'nice picture' - sorry, a little fatigued so my descriptive powers are all but zero. I like the idea and a strong image. Good luck both of you..

Less than a day to go....

Anyone else?

10. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey Wriggle, that's a great group pic! Not the biggest fan of X-Men Evolution, so I can't pick everyone out of the crowd there, but it's drawn very well, and the colours are really vibrant. Those guys ARE quite mad, aren't they? (But mad in a GOOD, WHOLESOME way.)

:)

And Katgirl, yours is great, too. What a freaky looking guy...and I just love the name. "Super-Buu"? I could go on saying that all day, it's so funky.

:)

-Tim

11. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Silverknight/Cap Infinity/Outlander - can we do the hotlinking to your servers again? I have all the pics on standby to be hotlinked - I just need help again! It would be appreciated! I'll PM you about it!

You can remove the Feb ones from you account as we will have them on display at the archive soon!

12. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Okay! That's it! I'll be posting the gallery the thread this afternoon/evening/tomorrow - hopefully we'll get all the pics displayed as before. I've asked SK, Outlander and Cap to help with this.. Watch this space... I think I'll put the deadline for entries to the 1st April... sound fair?

I'll leave the thread open until this evening for any late entries!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.