1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

March's Drawing Board Open - Mad as a March Hare

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

March's Drawing Board Open - Mad as a March Hare!

Hello one and all, and welcome to March's Drawing Board Open!

Let me introduce myself. I, SJJ, am not only a mod, I'm a lazy thief. The next piece is from Frozen's February intro which I have modified and staked as my own work. Clever, see?

OK, for the benefit of any first timers, let me introduce the general concept.
    On the first of every month I'll be starting a new competition with a given theme open to each and every person who wishes to post a picture (or pictures), in any medium from pencil to pastel, from photoshop to photography proper. You must then post your entries in this thread (which will be stuck at the top of the Drawing Board).

Your vote counts!
    Then, on the 25th of each month, the window for posting your entries closes, and I'll throw the voting open to everybody on Toon Zone, even those who haven't posted a picture, to sudmit their votes to me (and from now on, voting for your own picture isn't allowed!). The system will be familiar to those of you who have taken part in the Cafe's Avatar contests: Give your favourite piece three votes, your second favourite two votes, and your third favourite one vote.

And the winner is..!
    Then, on the last day of the month, voting will be closed, and I will declare a winner, based on your votes, as well as two runners up. Winners will get to stick their tongues out at the other entants and gloat to their friends.

Clear as mud?

Good, the we'll begin...

And your theme for the March's Drawing Board Open is...

*drum roll*

Mad as a March Hare

That's right folks - "March's Drawing Board Open - Mad as a March Hare".

Show us your madness, and showcase the insane from either TV, film, or literature, or show us something more personal! Yes, you! You.... loon!

Anything, anything at all so long as it falls under the theme "Mad as a March Hare!"

So, whatcha waitin' for? Your deadline is 25th March, and then the votin' starts - no time to waste... start now!!!

Heh heh.... and no one will know it was Frozen who put the work in...

2. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Argh... this is actually harder to pull off because there are just so many characters you could do...

*does his Winnie the Pooh imitation* Think think think...

3. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

aww, how cute, Winnie! Yeah, there are quite a lot of choices of loonies when you really think about it. I chose a rather popular one, and for once might have my pic up near the beginning of this contest rather then the end!

~Barb

4. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

How about you don't choose and you draw all of them? :D

5. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

I better get something stronger than coffee if I am gonna do that... Maybe some meth-amphetamines should do it! :p

6. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmmmm. Coffee. Need some. Now. NOW!

*shakes*

I was thinking of drawing myself trying to build up the February vote thread from Frozen's initial work....

I have no idea. I think mine will be one of the last ones. See what people do and then leap into a tiny gap..

I've heard a few ideas from a couple of members - all sound fabby. Going to be another spiffy month!

7. Spike04

Spike04 The Wolf At The Door

alright i know what im doing...the crazy Pierrot Le Fou guy from Cowboy Bebop...now i just have to watch the episode 30 times so i remember how he looks! :D

8. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I'll start the ball rolling. I was thiking about what to do for a madman pic, which lead on to Asylums, which lead to Arkham and Arkham = Dead Joker. So in goes the ROTJ DVD and some time later, it was pencilled. Originally supposed to be coloured on photoshop that idea was scarped due to my cluelessness on the program even BYOs help. So Mad as a March Hare = Tim Drake being driven mad on

That Night ...

Comments?

9. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good expression on the Joker. I like the layout plan. Lots to look at. Bats and Batgirl look great and Tim works in the corner there.

If they did a RoTJ playset - this is what it would look like! Nice colour, all in all shaping up rather well!!!

Great start for March!

10. Mek

Mek Digestive Juices

Hmmm... I'll have to give this a go.

Trouble is... I dunno who to do! :eek:

But I will take a shot at this. Sounds too good to pass up! :D

11. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey Red Bird, I really like your pic - everyone is positioned nicely, and Joker looks great. :D

And here is my first entry - I guess it's fitting that I'm the second one to submit something here. ;)

Tim Leighton pic, #145
    "I HAVE TO KNOW!!!"

So much for a secret identity...

-Tim

12. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Nice coloring and overall scene layout redbird. Really intense and freaky scene Tim. Like the positions of everyone and the focus with the face expressions. Nice ways to start us off you two! Now if I can just finish mine...

~Barb

13. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Great colours Tim, Bane's particularly effective and the composition is one of those which sucks you in and draws you to the center. Joker's face is freaking me out mate!

14. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Okay, a question. Can they just be a supervillian, or do they have to be three cans short of a six pack? (I have a sweet piccy of Catwoman I want to use, but then, dur, she's not psychotic.) >snaps fingers< Oh well, I'll have to draw Sephiroth then...:D

15. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

Wow Tim great pic. I really like Bane on the right and Ras al Ghul on the left is good too. And of course Joker in the middle in great. I'll me getting a scanner sometime in March which means I can enter this month! Now I just have to pick something.....

16. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

It could be circumstance. There must be one or two moments in a characters career in which you think what they did was insane... just a thought... :)

17. Ramso

Ramso Wants to be syndicated

From Mystery Science Theater 3000, Dr. Clayton Forrester!

[​IMG]

There ya go.

I didn't put too much detail in the hair line because I wanted to hurry up and start coloring! That's the fun part.

18. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

That's a nice insane looking pic!

*goes back to preparing my masterpiece*

19. Casity

Casity The BatThing

I know you all have this great hate for me due to my clueless questions buuuuuut.... I have a question.

Um, mad as a march hare, don't get it really.... I think I do, does that give me a few extra points? Heh....

do you mean just draw a villian or a mad man? Is that what you are saying? Can we do originals? Or would we rather have something more.... unoriginal?

I just was wondering, didn't want to throw something at you all and get it thrown back.

20. Kat Pryde

Kat Pryde Free Falling

Nice layout on the RotJ, Red Rird! I like the Joker's face and Batman looks cool, yeah, with that face.

I feel sOo sorry for the Riddler right there, Tim. I hate it when I get fustrated like that!

Hey, Ramso, that's a really 'observerant' face. Nice coloring too.

I have something, but it's not done yet.

=^-^=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.