1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Manny & Khan Online! (CARTOONSTITUTE)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by The Huntsman, Jul 18, 2009.

1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I stumbled across the website for Big Star Animation Studios while doing my routine search for information, and much to my surprise, they had uploaded “The Awesome Chronicles Of Manny & Khan”! All you have to do to see it is click on the above hyperlink, and once you get to their page, click on “Clips” on the left side of the page. Then, at the bottom of the second column that loads up, click on the picture for “Manny & Khan” and the short will load up to the right.

I loved it. There were so many things that amused me in the short, but I have to say the “false” scene was one of the funniest things that I have seen in quite some time. The voices are also top-notch and they fit the characters perfectly. Check it out and spread the word; perhaps if enough people watch it and the reaction is positive, Cartoon Network will be more inclined to let it see the light of day.

Cartoon Network needs to make this a series. At the very least they should put this on television along with all of the other shorts in The Cartoonstitute. The project could get so many great animated programs created, but the chances of that happening are higher if they are actually seen by people.

2. chdr

chdr Active Member

That was awesome and needs to be a series now.

I love how Khan had a strong German accent for absolutely no reason.

3. El Dahveed

El Dahveed Bite the DVD's shiny metal...

That was pure comedy! The ending was great, the set-up of the game was epic, and the presentation of the game was hilarious. One of my favorite scenes was Khan's explanation of Manypus (half-man, half-platypus.) Hopefully Cartoon Network's new direction won't refrain them from showing this short, and everything else that was developed as part of Cartoonstitute, I can't wait to see the rest of the shorts!

4. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing He's my favorite superhero.

That short was great!:anime: Yeah, I do hope it gets turned into a series someday.

5. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

This needs a show, now!

6. Comics_the_QB

Comics_the_QB My common sense is tingling

That was awesome. I would love to see a series of this.

7. The Huntsman

It appears that the website has used up its daily bandwidth amount. If you didn’t manage to watch it, check again in a day or two and the site might be back up. It’s a shame that this has happened, as I wanted to post about this on some other forums and websites, but I’ll have to wait until the site is back up before I do that.

Edit: The website is back up, so you should watch it while you have the chance.

8. BigMac

BigMac Rebranded

The shorts looks cool.

Manny's evil laugh... :lol:

9. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

The site's down (again), but the short is on YouTube (but the sound is distorted for some reason).
    It was pretty cool, nothing stood out too much, but I wouldn't mind if CN created a series for this short at all.

I think it's the distorted volume that ruined the experience for me, I'll re-watch it when the Blue Star Animation Studios site is up again.

10. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

Well the short on the site also had that distorted sound, so I don't think it make any difference if the site comes back up.

11. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't realize that.
    Well I hope the sound isn't like that when it airs on CN, considering that it will.

12. The Huntsman

The quality would be better on television. I really hope that Cartoon Network airs all of the shorts eventually, or at the very least, they could upload them to Cartoon Network Video so that people could watch them. Regardless, I’ll bump this thread again once the website is back up.

13. Chazooma

Chazooma =' 3 '=

='^D
    Wow, that was just crazy.
    It was one of those things you go "ahahahaha! What? ahahahaha!" at.
    "THE AIR IS POISON!"
    Can't wait for Cartoonstitute now if there's going to be more like this one!

14. Mickialla

Mickialla Suave Incarnate

Man Huntsman, you beat me to it.

Anyways, I'm traveling right now (which explains why I've been less than active for the past few weeks) and am writing this from my iPhone, which doesn't allow me to watch the short, but I'm looking forward to watching it soon.

Hopefully more shorts will appear online soon.

15. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

Looks pretty cool.

16. Bakertoons

Bakertoons One Sly Princess
    Staff Member Moderator

Cartoon Brew just linked to it. Hope it'll get more attention through that.

17. The Huntsman

Big Star’s website is back up, for those who want to watch it.

18. Mini Garbonzo

Mini Garbonzo Do you like my eyes?!?!

I thought it was a pretty funny short, definitely worthy of being made into a full fledged series. My only problem was with the sound quality which made it sort of challenging to hear and some of the screams really do pierce through your eardrums a little bit, I should have probably thought of turning the volume down.

Otherwise, it was a good short, too bad it'll more than likely not air on TV.

19. Mickialla

Mickialla Suave Incarnate

I watched the short PalmelaFC posted on Youtube. It was great! My favorite part was with Manny and Khan going to get the ball epic style, especially when they were running and AWESOME came on the screen. But the whole short was great, even though the ending was cut off and the sound distorted. If all of the shorts were as good as this, I'm DUMBFOUNDED why Cartoonstitute was cut short.
    For some reason, Cartoon Brew and the posters their are comparing Manny and Khan's art style to Ren and Stimpy, and I don't see it. I see how Manny is like Stimpy and how Khan is like Ren, but the art? The art was pretty original and wasn't really like anything else from previous cartoons, though I did see some Spongebob and Camp Lazlo in some parts. Anyways, I just have to say that I loved the backgrounds in the short more than anything else.

20. CCFridays

CCFridays Member

I noticed how they're similar to Ren and Stimpy too. :D
    This is a really awesome short definitely needs to be a series.