1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Manga or Light Novels That Should Get Anime Adaptations

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by TheVileOne, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:42 AM.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Anyway, after recently discovering an awesome light novel and manga series called Goblin Slayer, I'm wondering if there are any other solid anime or manga you know of right now that should get an anime adaptation? Similar to Black Clover, UQ Holder, or Death March, which I believe have anime TV shows in the works.

Goblin Slayer is my top choice right now, it's a very interesting, dark, violent and slightly subversive dark fantasy story. It's not a regular dude gets transported to a fantasy world story. Instead, the main hero is a guild adventurer, but he only wants to hunt and go on quests to kill goblins. It uses a lot of video game and tabletop game tropes, but in a very practical way. It starts with a young heroine forming a new adventurer group, and they are all brutally dispatched. Then the Goblin Slayer shows up and sort of presents all these practical and realistic ideas to fantasy combat, which are interesting. While the story is very dark and often times brutal, it still has a lot of humor and appealing characters. Goblin Slayer is an odd duck, but he's very interesting. After a childhood trauma, he has a one track mind about killing goblins. The manga has some hilarious and radical moments. The goblins are sort of reminiscent of Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash but a lot more brutal and deadly.

The New Gate is another one. This is a fantasy light novel/manga series where the protagonist is a human transported to a game world. It's a little similar to Overworld in that the main hero has way OP, near god-tier level stats in this fantasy world he's stuck in, but unlike Lord Ainz, the hero in this story is actually a good person and wants to help people and do good deeds. I like the story mainly for its likable heroes and also its strong world building elements.

2. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Groovy

The fact Vinland Saga hasnt gotten an anime adaption is beyond criminal, its like the best parts of Berserk and Kingdom. Another one is dorohedoro; grimy locations, dark humor and a hot muscle girl what more can you ask for

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'd like to see Dorohedoro animated because it's just so dang bizarre. I used to think JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was bizarre, then I discovered Dorohedoro, which is like JoJo dialed up to over 9,000.

• Like Like x 1