1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Man of Steel" Movie Pre-Release Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

In this universe, what makes Superman special is the fact that he is the only normal born Kryptonian. Every other Kryptonian was genetically altered to be gifted in one specific aspect that would allow them to do a specific task when they are old enough, like a child that is changed to be stronger so he can grow up to be a construction worker or something. This probably translates to why Superman can fight equally with an army of super-powered Kryptonians, because if this was the comics, then they would be just as strong, fast, etc., as him (although he'll probably beat them thanks to his experience, which he doesn't have here). But in this movie, some have hypothesized that since Kal-El was born normally, he would have a full set of powers, while the others would only have one power each, but that power is better than Kal-El's (like Zod having a flamethrower-esque heat vision compared to Kal-El's beam-like heat vision. I'd imagine that another example would be one Kryptonian would have superior strength to Superman, but he wouldn't have any other powers, unlike Superman.).

P.S. I don't know why I was using Kal-El for most of that, and then randomly switched to Superman... It just happened.

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I did not redeem my Wal-Mart digital comic (PHYICAL COPIES ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I discussed the possibility of Supergirl with a co worker before the tickets went on sale and I basically said I'm sure they'll acknowledge her existence during the Krypton scenes in the movie. If they dont and this digital comic is the only reference to her, I'm not getting too excited. Yes it's written by Goyer, and it's "official", but it's not on film (hopefully yet) and could be easily disregarded.

I'm guessing maybe a big part of this film (or at least the mopey angsty finding his way dont know what to do with my life before I become Superman sequence) is because Clark is the ONLY survivor. And after defeating General Zod, he will be the ONLY one again. I'm thinking that if they do introduce Supergirl, all this possible emphasis on Superman being the last of his kind will be for nothing.

Finally, my 2 cents on Gillette's "How Does He Shave?": HEAT VISION IN MIRROR!!!! END OF STORY. THAT'S HOW HE DOES IT. WE'VE SEEN IT IN A COMIC BOOK TITLED MAN OF STEEL! COME ON PEOPLE! Although, Kevin Smith's idea of using a jagged/sharp part of his rocket could also work. Clark had to learn how to shave before he left the Kent farm, and kept his beard trimmed during his time in Alaska. So obviously his shaving method is going to be pretty simple and practical. OR, what if he is able to shave like everyone else because they want Superman to be more relateable to audiences and make him not as powerful?

3. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

PM me your digital code, then, so it doesn't go to waste.:)

4. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

13 minutes of behind the scenes featurette. The talk about everything from the lack of red undewear to what Clark two sets of parents have taught him.

5. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Thank the Lord. I hope this is so.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Snyder already implied "No"

He would still be the "Last Son of Krypton"

7. rggkjg1

As soon as they announce a physical copy or if my brother doesnt want to redeem his (I have 2 tickets), it's all your's.

8. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

9. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Nokia has released the fifth trailer for Man of Steel. Continue below for more.

[video=youtube;dwYatpwrs8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dwYatpwrs8s[/video]

If everything falls into place, expect a special week of Man of Steel discussion threads and a contest at The World's Finest, beginning Monday, June10th, 2013.

10. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

That's a lot more like it.

And yeah, I'm thinking Jor-El is alive in this continuity. That or Zod's ship has a good AI hologram projection.

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh wow, that looks so cool. Those fight scenes....man, this film is going to be awesome.

12. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

If he's alive I have a theory. Maybe Zod "saves" him from Krypton's fate to lead him to Kal El, if that's the case he will probably be dead by the end of the movie anyway.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Meh, hologram. Or crazy space hallucination.

Fights looks awesome. So I guess Superman being younger and spending 20+ years directly absorbing yellow sun radiation trumps Zod's experience and armada?

14. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

That would be the same kind of lameness Smallville indulged in when bringing a new element to the fold then tossing it out the window too soon. I hope that isn't what happens.

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree. Why have him survive, only to kill him off later in the same film?

16. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

I really, really, really hope the movie can live up to it's hype and this clip...
    If anyone missed Jay Leno with Henry Cavill tonight... here is the clip they showed...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PieQAnoBLH0

Oh and... (CAN-OF-COOLNESS!!!! that clip is amazing!!!)

D.

17. gmster

gmster Active Member

HD quality version of that clip at 3:16 in:

[video=youtube;UDZIerTwJoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDZIerTwJoo[/video]

I'm hearing this feels more like a Micheal Bay film than Zack Snyder. Seems legit. :rolleyes:

18. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

If anything this movie has taught me not to go to 7-11 because I might be killed by aliens!

19. rggkjg1

What I love most, is that in that 15 minute behind the scenes youtube featurette and the 3 minute Sears (obviously) behind the scenes clip, is when Goyer and crew discuss making this a REALISTIC and contemporary Superman, all the footage and stills cuts to the Sears and 7-11 in Smallville. And then they go the extra mile to have Martha Kent work at Sears when Clark is an adult. As if product placement couldnt get anymore blatantly obvious. Clark obviously has it figured out when he returns to Smallville. But why not have him pump gas at the 7-11 or work at that Ihop while they're at it?

20. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

The mobile game spoils, something. I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.