1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Man of Steel" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jun 14, 2013.

?

"Man of Steel" - Discuss and Rate this Movie

1. *****

14.7%
  2. ****1/2

11.8%
  3. ****

32.4%
  4. ***1/2

8.8%
  5. ***

17.6%
  6. **1/2

11.8%
  7. **

2.9%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Basically it's like we're all wanting the impossible: For Christopher Reeve to return

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Returns didn't just lack wall-to-wall action, it lacked any sense of excitement, danger, or anything.

3. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

The massive mess of a production leaves Superman II as a flawed gem. It's the visions of two different directors, one good, one decidedly less so. It's still a better film than Man of Steel. I haven't revisited SR since I first saw it in theaters, but I'm a by fan of Bryan Singer, I think I'll take it over Snyder's film too. STAS looks better and better every year.

4. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

What trade is that in?

5. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

That story is in The Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told trade. It has a painting by Alex Ross for the cover and it was recently reprinted. It's also in the new Superman 75th Celebration hardcover that DC comics just put out.

I have to agree with what someone said a few posts up. I watched Superman Returns a few nights ago and while I actually did get swept up in the heavy nostalgia is permeates, it is lacking. Man of Steel to me was more enjoyable despite a few glaring issues (one at least is being addressed in the sequel). Cavill was easily the superior Superman as well and the same goes for Adams over Bosworth.

Also, there's a new "Everything Wrong" vide from CinemaSins for Man of Steel and it's pretty good:

[video=youtube;P1Cl5FzEIjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Cl5FzEIjY[/video]

Everything Wrong With Man Of Steel In 8 Minutes Or Less - YouTube

6. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Try telling all this to Snyder Nolan and Warner Brothers

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

An interesting look at Man Of Steel. Screenrant has listed the film as the best superhero movie of 2013. No surprise there, but a lot of people do not agree:

Why 'Man of Steel' is the Best Superhero Movie of 2013

There are some good points made, yes, but some of his opinions seem more driven by things outside the actual movie itself.

8. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

It was an interesting read. Pretty much if you loved MoS the article is music to your ears if you hated it you probably wanna call Kofi an idiot. If you were on the fence and just a disappointed movie goer the article doesn't compel you to reconsider your opinion.

9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I really enjoyed the article, and I agree with most of his points. I hate when people complain about the final battle. It was exciting, and itdidn’t power down the characters like so many other CBM films. Like the guysaid, you can’t really claim that Iron Man 3, Wolverine, or Thor had betterfights at the end.
    And he is also right about Man of Steel being less of apopcorn film than Iron Man 3 or Thor 2. Yeah, they were more “fun”, but thatdoesn’t equal better or anything.
    And I’m tired of the complaints regarding Zod’s death. Likethe guy points out, Zod was also killed in Superman II AND the comics. So thefilm was being faithful. And peoplestill didn’t like it. But In Iron Man 3, when they change stuff, people callmurder. Geez, some people.