1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Making a Toon Boom animated short?

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by MrDunwittyJ, Mar 19, 2013.

1. MrDunwittyJ

MrDunwittyJ Guest

I'm not against CG in any prospect whatsoever, matter of fact, Toy Story is my favorite movie ever. Yet I usually prefer the 2D look of animation. I believe that partially due to money issues, added with a number of factors I am unaware of, Disney (they did a 2D 3D style short with Paperman, imagine that being an entire film), Pixar (I feel that Disney is putting a little too much control over their beloved Oscar winning studio), Dreamworks, Blue Sky, Sony Animation, and Illumination Entertainment all don't choose to give their animation films a 2D look, either traditional or digital. With digital, software such as ToonBoom, Flash, and TVPaint all allow us to duplicate the classic style of animation that we've come to know and love. It also allows us to do things with 2D animation that we couldn't do back in the 80s and early 90s. This summer, I'm looking forward to my dad getting me set up with an Atlanta film production company, and then telling them that I can do an animated short film using ToonBoom, which is the industry standard for digital 2D animation. Also, I plan on making a 3D animated / CGI film that completely differentiates itself from the mainstream crowd, like I would like to make the animated version of 127 Hours or some other drama, not trying to play it safe or be funny all the time. Sure, with CG, you have hardly any limit, I can tell you that, but with ToonBoom, you can help recreate a bygone era inside a digital world. I just have to finish up with my college semester. The story of the short, like Nemo, is plain and simple, but will be well executed (at least I'll try). 8 little woodland creatures migrating to a new home after theirs gets destroyed by a new human construction get lost and they, despite their differences, have to work together to get back to their group, evading dangers along the way. That's simple enough, and its a non spoiler plot. Just hope you have my support for this. In the meantime, I need to do excellent in my classes in order to improve my computer science skills.

2. MrDunwittyJ

MrDunwittyJ Guest

Feel free to give me feedback on what you feel about this project.

3. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Anything to enforce that CGI isn't everything and shouldn't be seen as the end-all, be-all of animation is alright with me - get to work, soldier - and have fun with it!

4. mexicaleando

mexicaleando Guest