1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make your own new cartoon idea!

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by All Star Blitz, Nov 16, 2008.

1. J!!!

J!!! You're such a little kid~

You too think I like the alchemist idea the most it probaly is vitle to the plot no ? .... Hey no one review my eps ahh well got another one.

ep 4 title - No smoking allowed - A trip to a more industrialized khina (china) brings trouble to J!!! and Kyle when they visit and enough of an excuse for them to quarintine khina in a glass now J!!! and co must escape before they suck in too much smoke. And to make things harder the khinese people blame J!!! for what happend. plus J!!! tells about the danger of global warming to the auedince.

Any comments..... I thought not :sad:

2. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

It's hard for me to comment on something I don't know the genre of. Is it a straight-forward action, action/comedy, or comedy/action? :confused: And yeah, the Alchemist episode is an important episode to the overall plot.

3. J!!!

action/comedy sorry about not making things clearer:sweat: Never could do straigt foward action oh and also a bit of tounge in cheek , if it wasnt there wouldnt be a awesomepeida and the mutated animals would not be called whachamacallits

4. Mini Garbonzo

Mini Garbonzo Do you like my eyes?!?!

Streaked Amber seems pretty good, a sort of mysterious feel for the episode, if that's what you're intending?

5. Racattack!Force

Yeah, that was what I was going for.

6. Mini Garbonzo

Mini Garbonzo Do you like my eyes?!?!

Alrighty then, please continue with your episode ideas if you can, so far it's been pretty great.:)

7. J!!!

ep dunno A trip to the moon - Because of the amount of stress the rebellion is giving J he tries ti run away from it with a trip to the moon but while there he finds an old abandoned space station that holds information about the war and stuff. And on that old computer he finds out that a genocide in Garfur is about to happen in less than 2 days and with a broken rocket he has to find a way back to earth to warn the people of the country. And that was my attempt at a very bad attempt about a very special episode:sweat:

8. All Star Blitz

All Star Blitz What the heck am I doing?

I don't know if I said this yet, but I've come up with a second character for my Drawn In idea. This character is going to look like a whole bunch of animals rolled into one, with each part being a different trait. Basically, imagine if Frankenstein made a furry character. This character also has two heads that argue with each other. One head is named Bon and the other is Ton.

I want this character to be as totally bizarre, random, and outright crazy as possible. I think I've kind of written myself into a corner with that idea though, even if it seems to fit. What's a good inspiration for random humor?

9. J!!!

Umm tednut mind my asking but if your idea works ( minds going in devolopment heck right now) what channel do you think you would put it on.:confused:

10. Racattack!Force

This is one of the top four...as in the top four cartoon ideas I'm currently developing to pitch once I finish college...in about 8+ years. I'm planning to pitch it to Cartoon Network as a TV-PG-V show that they could air on Friday or Saturday nights. ;) I also plan to pitch two other of my ideas there too, which I'll talk about after I finish "showing off" St@rt. :anime:

Whenever I think up a character like that, I usually check out characters like Ed from EEnE and GIR from Invader Zim for inspiration.

11. All Star Blitz

Oh boy. Here we go again.

12. J!!!

Somehow I knew you were going to say that;) But I do not think you should pitch it to CN because they will never make a PG show themselves perhaps you should pitch it some where else with a goal of putting it on CN.

PS. What type of animation style would you want I would like an Anime inspired one.

13. Racattack!Force

Sorry, but he was the only other character I could think of. Weird and disgusting? Yes. But, random and funny he is. :sweat:

I would go for an American comic book style/60s Hanna-Barbara action art style, in the vein of shows like The Secret Saturdays, B:TAS, and others.

14. Ickis

Ickis Classic Directors Cut Edition

If I had a small Jackie Gleason lizard as the main character I'm pretty sure that my show would overall be a comedy, a comedy but with some action rather than being a bland sitcom. :D

An action cartoon with comedic and random looking characters sounds more interesting to me, all you have to do to make a character look "action-y" is add some gun holsters and gloves. Don't worry about appealing to readers or watchers, this is your boat and you decide what happens, let the water flow and the fishes'll start comin' in. I have trouble drawing decent human females aswell, alot of them look like warped Natasha Fatales or just overall weird.

15. J!!!

You shure that would go well with your show it sounds more umm anime like too me.

16. Mickialla

Mickialla Suave Incarnate

That would make for a really really good action show. It has a much deeper and more serious plot than most cartoons, which I absolutely adore. I like the main characters too. The way I see it, Leon is kinda like a tragic hero, he was forced to be aggresive since a young age and had his whole childhood taken away from him (kinda like some football players). His character could have a lot of profound aspects to it, much more dimensional than a lot of the bland characters in most action shows in recent years. It's a very good plot too. Though my one concern is that while the show is very risque and serious, which I love, if it were ever to become a cartoon, it would be downgraded to a point where it would no longer be as creative, what with execs wanting to stay as far away from guns and war and bombings as possible in todays day and age. All in all, you get an A+

I'm more of a comedy kinda guy myself. I love to write serious and dramatic and actiony stuff too, but I've always felt that if I were going to write in that style, I'd write a novel and not on a cartoon. I have formed some scenes for action shows in my head though, and some of them looked mighty darn good, but I haven't come up with any decent plots or characters.

Just wondering, how long did it take you to come up with that idea. Are you still dabbling with your Tednut idea as well?

17. All Star Blitz

And once again I find myself split. Part of me is morbidly curious about what I missed out on and why I seem to be the only person my age who hasn't seen a full ep of that series...,yet part of me says, "wait a minute, remember how squicked out you were when you saw just the intro?" Gross and dark are two things that are very much not my style, but...

I think i've also decided on a look for Drawn In. I want it to be kind of loose and sketchy, sort of like it was all done in colored pencil by someone who has absolutely no clue how to do shading, so basically the way I handle colored pencils. And I want the backgrounds to be all random colors, but still somewhat complementary: red and purple trees, pink grass, etc. etc.

18. J!!!

Sounds like a preety cool animation style.
    P.S. My idea is just hated isnt it:p

19. Racattack!Force

I'm glad you really see where I'm truly going with this idea. Leon is a tragic hero, and I want to really make that a point while not jamming it down the viewers collective throats. I beileve in character development when it comes to an action cartoon. Heck, I look for it in any cartoon I watch. I helps me really care for the characters and make you want to root for them. And I want however watches my show to also care about my characters.

And I really hope if my show ever gets made, most the creative stuff in there would stay. I really hope that major point like war won't have to be taking out, but that depends on if the standards change by the time I'm able to pitch these ideas. Cartoon Network has always had the laxest standards in the United States when it come to kids channels. But I'm hoping that, in the future, CN will try to get all demographics. At least people under the age of 17.

I came up with the character of Leon back in 2006 (but I gave him that name earlier this year) for a comedy idea that I gave up on for the most part. That idea had to do with him being the owner of a weird alien-like dog, and the shorts would harken back to classic cartoons of the 40s and 50s. The character Ty-Lee Mars in 2007 to go along with Leon, since I thought that he really needed a friend. I briefly toyed with her being a love interest, or becoming more than friends, but I decided against it. It was too much of a cliche.

The actual idea of St@rt came up Spring this year and has been developing in my mind ever since. I wanted to make a real straight-foreword action show that would appeal mostly to teens and young adults. I originally had the idea of keeping then as tweens, but I decided the idea would probably work best if they were young adults. Serious action shows these days are few and far between, especially in Western animation.

As for Tednut, I'm still dabbling in that, and trying to find time to actually make a short, or at least a comic.

20. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Hey, that's stinkin' thinkin'. Refuse to beat yourself up.

Seriously, don't sell yourself short. Don't take questions and minor critiques as bashing. Remember all ideas start out germinal. I thought people wouldn't think much of my ideas either, which is another reason I was reluctant to post anything here.

FTR, I think your idea is fine. I envy people who can do decent action, or even action/comedy shows. I'm more of a straightforward comedy author myself. Even my few timid forays into the action genre have a high comedy quotient. Even Super Twins!, while ostensibly being about superheroes, is more of a farce than an action show.