Make your own new cartoon idea!

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by All Star Blitz, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

@ Rho

Flashback seems like it would be an epic idea. I would watch the series in a heartbeat.

@ mowub

Imagining it in my head, the scene could be funny with some changes in tone, and some funny visuals.

2. warnerbro7

warnerbro7 pretty cute huh?

i agree you would have to REALLY get into the expresions that your characters are doing, but the dialogue is pretty good sounds casual

#602 warnerbro7, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
  3. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

Title: Darkness Warriors (or something like that)

Premise: Los Angeles, California seems to be fine during the day for the most part. (city would probably stay LA), but when the sun sets and the moon rises, evil lurks on the streets. We aren't talking gangs or rapists. Pure evil will emerge and attempt to cause whatever damage they can. Those gunshots you will sometimes hear on the streets? Not gang fights, not murders, fights between good and evil. The main villain, Schäehom (voiced by David Gasman), is in it mainly for the money, but is in it for the power as well. He has created an army of minions and robots to prowi the streets at night with him as he transports himself most of the time in a large spaceship-type vehicle. His main appearance is usually human-like, but is always suited and has a skull for a head.

There are, however, people who try to stop him.

Tim (Voiced by David Hayter) is the main leader of this fight against evil, and was hired by the LAPD to protect the city. He is, however, not a police officer, a member of the FBI, or anything along those lines. He recieved training in Kung fu and karate and all that jazz for years before getting his job to protect Los Angeles. He is very loyal to his duty and tries at all costs to protect LA.

Taylor (voiced by Sharon Mann) is Tim's partner in the fight against crime. She is 17 years old, but despite her age, she is perhaps more powerful than Tim. She was put into karate/kung fu lessons by a former ninja when she was a toddler, and by the time she entered High School, she was able to ditch class without anyone noticing. She was recruited after she was noticed fighting off a robber after an attempted bank robbery. With her 15-or-so years of training, she also gained a great deal of knowledge and ended up being such a genius that she graduated High School early and was able to have time for the fight against evil.

Chiebushi (voiced by Phil LaMarr) is a wise old man who often gives strategic advice to the warriors, as he was the one who trained both Tim and Taylor.

Mike (voiced by Joe Pesci) is the lead of the LAPD, who often gives missions to the two each night, and fills them in on information.

Konjin (voiced by Michael Dorn) is an alien who, when crash-landed on Earth, was greeted by Schäehom, and tricked into being an ally of his, where Konjin was abused and he later escaped and went to an alliance with Tim and Taylor to protect LA. His weapons are a glowing sword and a futuristic machine gun.

That's about it for now. A lot of this would probably change.

4. Todd.D.Anderson

Todd.D.Anderson New Member

The Unnaturals

I am a Film Student going to Montana State University and below is the synopsis for my cartoon portfolio.

Basis: I came up with this idea when thinking of what would happen when mythology goes up against technology? Who would win and more importantly how could you make it work? Well this is how I did it.

Long ago there was a meteor shower that changed the world of Jahara. The meteors landed all over the world and with them came strange stones that mutated everything from human and animal life to the landscape and oceans. Mystical forests appeared along with fierce monsters, which at one point were nothing more than harmless animals. Some people were given special abilities and powers that they could only have dream of before. These people where called the Unnaturals. The great king of the Pelecros nation, nicknamed the Dragon King, learned of these and had the Unnaturals hunted down and enslaved either for reasons of war or economics depending on their skill. They were seen as dangerous and uncontrollable. Soon Unnaturals became synonymous with death.

Years later a boy named Kiid is born. At the age of thirteen he witnesses a second meteor shower. He is affected by the gems and learns that he can now manipulate and control light. He is found out by soldiers and taken away, thrown into a Pelecros prison for Unnaturals. There he meets a girl named Tyla who can control objects with her mind. Using her telekinesis she and Kiid break out of the prison along with an old man named Mervin, who is accused of being mad because he believes that he saw an alien spaceship. Mervin tells Kiid and Tyla of another nation to west where many Unnaturals take refuge from the Dragon King. Tyla, Kiid, and Mervin are forced to try and make their way across the Pelcros nation to and seek safety in the realm of Artidor. Along the way they meet a wolf boy and his companion Lotta. They also befriend a giant white falcon by the name of Forlorn. The entire trip uncovers a mystery that reveals that everything is connected to an advanced space faring civilization that had one lived on Jahara. They are the Travelers who use Jahara as there testing ground for experiments and it was they who sent the gems down as part of a mutation project. They inform Kiid that he is The Control. A person with amazing powers whose purpose it is to restore the world back to its “neutral state” at the end of the experimentation. The group has another problem besides the Travelers when they learn that the Dragon King has hired a teenage assassin named Nightwind to assist his armies in finding and capturing Kiid.

What do you think?

5. MehGuy

MehGuy New Member

I've came up with a few cartoon series in the past.

My first one was about a family of monster looking bears, can't really remember much else about it.
    My second series was about a bunch of characters who were different shapes who had arms and legs. The main character was just a regular confident guy who had a scardey cat friend and the typical boring bullies.

My next cartoon series got a little better. Which was about a bunch of strange little creatures who for no reason just popped into existence and was pretty much the most hated minority in the world. And many of them had super powers and some could hover and fly around, the inspirations for their size a flight was from the fairly oddoparents which I loved at the time. The main character was a happy go lucky moron who had quite a violent side to him, along with his grouchy friend who pretty much hated everyone but was his best friend for some reason, the other characters were not very memorable, except for a blatant homosexual bird who would annoy the main character and his best friend when he would knock on their door and fly into their house through the window.

Then after that I made a few short lived series, one with a boy and a girl who were spies, one with a talking boat who was actually a good old online friend who would travel with a decadent Jezebel type mermaid, who were on the run after she killed her father Posidean who became angry at her when she was lusting after the boat. And pretty much was just adventures traveling around the blended 1930s ancient roman universe, just dodging various Gods and Goddess and avoiding hades, which ended up with them both going to Athena's house and being caught and her turning the boat into something I can't really say here and damning the mermaid to burn in hell forever.

Of course the above was kind of a joke series. I'm working on a real series for about 2 years now which I'm really proud off, and would not really like to share with anyone. Developing my own unique style for it as well, which has honestly been in the making for 6 or so years.

It has a more political charge to it and many of the stories are pretty low key like an episode about them going to the gas station on a friday night and various things yet making the simple things really complex and memorable. I can't really think of any other cartoon series I would want to work on.

6. bonti247

bonti247 New Member

Please view my Toonzone Pictures thread!

7. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

[FONT=&quot]The Journey of the Starbearers[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In the world of Geogaia, the Kingdom of Polus was originally at peace with the Sunstar Empire, when suddenly the Emperor K'Lanidus, newly appointed after the tragic death of his father, declared war over the sovereign of Polus.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This was no ordinary war, as even monsters of Dark Alchemy were used – an ancient magic once sealed by the magic association. Shamos, the head of the association, soon saw one of the five stars of the Straight constellation, foretelling that heroes would come to save the kingdom – as well as the fate of Geogaia.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]After an attempted attack at the castle kingdom, Shamos and the queen arranged the three warriors that the three stars shone. They set forth on a journey, finding the other two starbearers.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]CHARACTERS[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Starbearers[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Starbearers are three, soon five, warriors chosen by the "stars". Legend has it that in a time of need, when Geogaia felt a great danger would come, the stars would shine upon five warriors to grant them the strength and wisdom to combat the darkness. The stars would give them armor and weapons, specifically to their profession and skill.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Arwin[/FONT][FONT=&quot], human/fighter, is a son of a former captain of the front guard. Experienced, his skills are underestimated when people assume his position due to nepotism. Despite this, he showed his prowess when monsters attacked the kingdom. The Star of Courage shone on him during the attack, when his courage appeared through the fight. He is tasked by Shamos to journey to the Shrine of the Stars near the edge of Polus, knowing that he will find the others in his quest.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A capable leader, he knows what to do by applying his knowledge taught in the barracks, but he lacks street smarts. He doesn't charge head-on, but rather analyze his foes, but this tends to confuse him when his enemies are tricky.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Eris[/FONT][FONT=&quot], elf/ranger, is from a different village who travelled to Polus for a better bow. However, the attack occurred when she was about to leave. Applying her marksmanship skills, she immediately defeated the monsters while protecting the citizens. The Star of Judgment shone to her, and although she enjoyed the newfound powers, she quickly felt annoyed that she must go with Arwin.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Eris is carefree, knowing how the streets of Polus work as well as the lands of the kingdom. She tends to annoy Arwin, primarily because of his rather stuck-up personality clashing with her curious spirit. However, she still shows compassion for her new-found friends, and decides to stick with them even though she leaves them for a while.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gannuk[/FONT][FONT=&quot], lizardfolk/mage, is a male magician in the Magic Academy in Polus. Gannuk is sarcastic and observant, though primarily because of the strange stigma that lizardfolks wouldn't work so well as a mage. Countering this, he didn't go around in robes but simply with a typical magician's cape and pants, showcasing his strangely athletic build against his colleagues. The Star of Knowledge shone to him during the attack while dealing with the monsters despite facing the Dark Alchemist creatures for the first time. He only joined Arwin and Eris, not because of his superior Shamos's orders, but because he is interested in the tale itself.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He is fond of keeping to himself and only interact when he is about to give a comment. However, he still likes to voice his opinion, and leaves Arwin the decisions needed to be done. While travelling with the two, however, he gains admiration, seeing them as comrades.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lance[/FONT][FONT=&quot], lycanfolk/guardian, was originally one of the captains of the front soldiers of the Sunstar Empire. He even faced Arwin once, with their match ending in a draw. He treats his brigade well, especially his second-in-command, a human named Klein. However, he realized that the higher-ups sent them on a death mission, with his units slowly being abandoned to death in order to test the stronger Dark Alchemy monsters. The large wolf tried to save everyone, but they were all killed, and Klein was nearly dying, with wounds far stronger than his healing powers could recover. Arwin, Eris and Gannuk tried to bring Klein to the town, but they were too late. Blaming himself for not seeing what was happening, the Star of Guardian appeared and shone, granting fuel to take down the monsters that killed Klein. He then joins Arwin's party, as a sign of atonement and revenge towards the prince he once trusted.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lance's father actually served as a guard captain under the former king, and he continued the devotion of his father under the new king. He was wondering why the king's attitude suddenly changed to allow something like this to happen. At first he was unsure how to blend with the group, but soon his caring nature swelled with the group, treating them like his family, like how he treated Klein.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lily[/FONT][FONT=&quot], orc/gadgeteer, is another one they meet by visiting the neutral territories. Daughter of the chief of a seaside village, she wasn't able to explore much of the world outside of her village, so she poured her free time reading books and tinkering with objects. And even then her actions tend to make her overprotective father worried. After her invention, along with the encouragement of Arwin's group, save the village, she was given permission by his father to journey with them. This also let the Star of Effort shone on her, making her the last Starbearer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Curious and inquisitive, Lily is the youngest Starbearer. She has a naive outlook, and is quite optimistic. However, when her skills involving items are needed, she wouldn't hesitate to help, and often times work well with her teammates.[/FONT]

8. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

A new idea that's been going through my head the past couple weeks:

Time Warp.

Set in present-day America, Hannah Roloi, the main character, is just a teenage girl who loves video games and music. But one day while going to the library to research for a History project, she comes across an old book dating back hundreds of years, covered in inches of dust. she manages to free the book from the dust, and opens it to find pages full of cryptic messages in what appears to be Latin - but then a map falls out. Thankfully written in English, it shows coordinates for something that is buried. Upon finding the location on the internet, she discovers it's in her hometown. She brings a shovel to the spot, which is shown to be in a rural area. She digs and eventually comes across a bizarre looking machine. Upon turning it on, she inadvertently unleashes hundreds of historical figures (i.e William Howe, etc.. I'd put down Hitler, but that'd be a bit too risque) and mythical beings (i.e Medusa, Hades, etc.) upon the world, pretty much exclusively in her town, to cause havoc. She brings it upon herself to team up with her best friend and use her video game fighting skills to fight off these beings.
    This would have some educational value, but would not at all be an E/I show. It'd probably end up TV-PG, in fact.

So in a way, it's like Lucky Star, Some PBS Kids show, and Generator Rex in a blender. Kind of.

9. Fillet-O-Fish

Fillet-O-Fish Member

I've got a buttload of ideas for animated TV shows which I guess is a good thing since I want to be an animator. I plan on posting most of them sometime. Here's just one:

Super Duper Ultra Mega Mondo Combo Action Squad X! (name may be changed)

This show is about the adventures of 3 kids who want to become superheroes (they technically sort of are) and their friend. The story is that they want to have fun somehow on one Summer afternoon, so they decide to become superheroes. After beating up an evil Merman (with a bit of strength and quick-thinking and a lot of luck), they decide that they can do it and do it well, so they create Super Duper Ultra Mega Mondo Combo Action Squad X because "those are cool sounding words." They go around their city of Zoomtown and beat up villains and help people and solve problems and have fun. They don't have powers but who needs them?

This show would have a very surreal tone, with stretchy limbs and cartoon violence. Lots of talking animals and inanimate objects and things that aren't buildings as buildings and such. Sorta Beatles-inspired, a lot of the background music would have Beatles-ish vocals and it would be a sort of idealish cheery world. A fair amount of episodes would be about them just goofing around.

Characters:

Tommy: The main hero, a human boy with wild black hair. Goofy but shows signs of making sense. He's 12 years old and lives in a cardboard box fort by himself. He's a wide-eyed idealist.

Aloysius: A talking pickle who's incredibly stupid while hopefully still being funny. Likes to tell jokes and easily entertained. He lives with his parents in a regular house and his brither (who is an egg) but you wouldn't know it because his parents never do anything to look after their offspring. Also 12. His name might be changed.

Ronaldo: Ronaldo is a genie who lives in a genie lamp on an empty lot by Tommy's house. He loves money and is very easy-going and lazy. His lamp is decked out like an 80's nightclub. Is older than 4000 but looks and acts like a kid.

Allison: A young girl (again, 12) who likes weapons and the army and wants to be a marine. She's friends with the others and always hangs out with them but is not considered part of the team because she wasn't in Tommy's backyard when the team was created and doesn't want to be on a team that's just boys but she comes with them anyways. Sort of axe crazy.

Dr. Merman Man: A mad scientist merman who lives in the ocean and wants to take over Zoomtown with his lab and army of manticores. An old man who is on good terms with the team and Allison when not up to villainy. Pretty much the designated villain. On land he's pulled around by his manticores in a water-filled wagon. Goes on Internet dating sites frequently.

Of course there would be more characters but these are the main ones. Good idea? I'd like to know how to make this better and what you guys think.

10. Jeepers

Jeepers Member

Your idea sound very funny,but I kinda didn´t get the part how they manage the defeat the villian "with wits".Do they build weapons or use any inatimate object available in the middle of the fight scene? Anywho,I would be intrested in seeing some character drawings :)

11. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

At the beginning of the third millennium, the world was at peace. In 2998, all the current nations agreed to an international peace treaty on the 20th anniversary of the official end of World War IV. Nuclear weapons were no longer a reality. While most people were confident the world was at last a world with peace, many began to speculate that it would not last. New Years Day 3000 came with a huge international celebration. Only five years later, a league of anti-peace protesters began causing domestic terrorism cases across the globe, sending many into a panic. Two German scientists announced they had invented a device that would bring a deceased person back to life, but was so powerful and hard to use that it can only be used a few times. This anti-peace organization, known as H.E.L.L, looked to get their hands on the device, that was now in the hands of the Canadian government, to revive evil historical figures such as Adolf Hitler or Kim Jong-Il. The group, now extremely large, all gather in Toronto where they have discovered the device is hidden, and cause a massive bombing in order to get the device. Upon locating the alleged graves of Kim Jong-Il and Hitler, they discover the bodies are too deteriorated and old to be used, so they strive to find the grave of a murdered ultra-terrorist from Iran that caused the nuclear strikes in 2973 in Dallas, Moscow, and Cape Town. As the organization grows larger, The Great Five (the presidents of the United States, Russia, Canada, United Kingdom (now one country) and Japan) declare a state of emergency as military forces are sent to deal with these members. Before the Conquest occurred, most species of animals had been evacuated to planets found to be survivable on and were led by the various species of feline.

It ends up being too late, as the terrorist's grave is located and he is revived. It is discovered that this device causes the revived person to gain extraordinary powers, and he passes some of them to his members. Using this, he causes extensive damage across the planet, forcing all nations to surrender, as he takes over the world.

3011. An organization has been set up by the former "Great Five" to have trained assassins with powerful weapons dispose of the members and end the conquest.
    There are dozens of members from countries anywhere from China to New Zealand to Brazil to France. The leaders of the "Great Five" chose three primary assassins to do the major work:

-Zarad Ritorno: A 17-year old from the state of New Canada (formerly Washington) that trained for a decade in martial arts. He has several large, permanent scars (across his face, on his left arm, on his left ear, and near his neck) from an attack he was in the midst of that left him near death. He fights with a "old-school" sword and is extremely agile.

-Julie Paix: The 17-year old best friend of Zarad, who began the study of martial arts when she learned to walk and is extremely strong and intelligent. She also has a scar at the side of her head from the same attack. Formerly eccentric, she now takes just about anything seriously and is the self-proclaimed leader of the group.
    She fights with two guns that when fused can form a large blade between the gunholes.

-Albert Vmire: A 17-year old Russian cyborg. He was a primary victim of a devastating terrorist attack in his former hometown of Saint Petersburg by the anti-peace organization when he was 13. When hospitalized, it was determined that brand new robotic equipment could be surgically put into his body to replace his mutilated body parts and save his life, turning him into a cyborg. This allows him to have unhuman strength and agility. Even without the robotic body part, he also towers over most other people, being seven feet tall at age 17. He moved to the United States upon hearing of the organization that would work to return peace.

That's all for now. If this were to ever be made, I don't even know where it could air. This would be, quite obviously, a really violent and serious series.

12. darkdetective

darkdetective Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer

Well I've spent over a decade (since I was 7, I'm 20 now) working on my superhero concept, Spark.
    [​IMG]
    Wrote up a rough bible and completed pilot script, made a webcomic, made an animated short, was trying to animate my pilot script myself but got distracted. I should get back to that. And my webcomic. I still have a dozen pages that need coloring. The problem is I'm always getting new ideas and keep on switching from one to the other. I've got a dozen or so television show, webtoon or movie ideas in various stages of development right now, and not enough time to work on them all. Sure, I've had many ideas, many are better than Spark, but Spark was my first. I've got to finish it someday, or I'll forever live in regret. Still, I have a plan. It'll take another decade or so, but Spark will be a TV show. Mark my words.

13. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

I've decided out of boredom to make a small timeline for my above idea.
    This might contain political-ness. I'm not looking to start an argument over stuff.

2011: North Korea begins to threaten Russia. With the increasing good relationship with the United States, Russia agrees to make an official alliance with the United States and join NATO.

War in the Middle East ends.

North Korea, feeling threatened, fires a nuclear weapon at Russia, which is quickly intercepted. President Obama quickly meets with top-ranking world leaders and comes to the conclusion that the only way to end this is for NATO to declare war on the communist nation.

China removes itself from communist status. Feeling that their organization is a bit too restricted, NATO renames itself to "PEAO" (Planet Earth Alliance Organization), and then adds in several countries, such as South Korea, Japan, Australia, and Brazil. China later joins.

War is declared late in the year, to begin in 2012. PEAO will be sending troops from over half of its countries.

2012:
    Fearing the worst, Kim Jong-Il calls for an alliance with Iran, who agrees.

Attempting to strike fear into PEAO nations, North Korea detonates a nuclear missile on a minor island, enraging the nations, who then decide to begin the war early. Although it was a small war, it is considered to be World War III by many.

The war begins in March, ending two weeks later with North Korea's nuclear arsenal stolen and Kim Jong-Il captured.

North Korea is taken over by PEAO forces and fuses it with South Korea, making it simply Korea once more. Iran is put under heavy watch.

Later that year, Kim Jong-Il commits suicide in prison.

2013:

As President Obama's first second term act, he meets with the Japanese government to authorize them to have a full military once more.

Terrorist organizations have become scarce, except minor domestic ones.

To end confusion between Washington DC and Washington state, the state is renamed New Canada.

2014:

A new terrorist organization, believed to have originated in some part of Southern Asia, attack France and invade their nuclear weapon launching systems, and are all murdered by French, British, Russian, and Italian troops before they could begin the firing.

2015:
    Arizona temporarily removes itself from the nation upon more controversy over laws, causing high tensions in the state. Many worry the start of Civil War II until Arizona gives up a few months later.

Laos and Vietnam remove themselves from communist status. Communism is now extremely rare.

2020: The World has mostly been at peace ever since the end of "World War III".
    Tensions are still rising between Israel and Palestine, with severe likelyhood of a war brewing.

2021: Israel and Palestine begin war. PEAO avoids the war as much as they can, only occasionally sending in troops to assist Israel.

2022: Palestine invents a new explosive weapon and uses it against Israel, showing to be halfway between a regular bomb and an atomic bomb.

2024: After three years, the war ends with a peace treaty between the countries.

2030: The leaders of the United States, Canada, France, Russia, and the United Kingdom form "The Great Five", which many consider the "leaders of the planet". No wars are happening in the world.

-Skip ahead several hundred years-

2978: No major wars have occurred in hundreds of years, until World War IV starts over many African countries going rouge along with Middle Eastern countries. The war lasts ten years with PEAO having the victory. During the war, a new futuristic weapon is invented by Japan, that normally takes the form of two average-sized guns, that can be fused and create a sword between the fire holes.

2983: Nuclear missiles strike in Dallas, Moscow, and Cape Town by a severe Iranian terrorist. Millions of troops from PEAO nations storm Iran in response to it, causing one of the deadliest invasions in history.

2984: Upon a German soldier accidentally killing the aforementioned terrorist, order is restored in the rouge nations and WW4 ends.

2998: All nations of the world agree to a massive peace treaty on the 20th Anniversary of the beginning of WW4, causing World Peace to at least be a reality.

3000: As the third millennium beigns, the world celebrates being at peace.

3005: Anti-Peace protesters begin cases of domestic terrorism across the planet, striking fear for the first time in years to citizens.

German scientists invent a machine that can bring a deceased person back to life. Immediately, the anti-peace organization, known as H.E.L.L, begin attempting to gain this device.

3007: The terrorist group launches a massive bombing in Russia, where they believe the device is.

H.E.L.L learns that the Canadian government has the device, and attacks Toronto and eventually find the device.

They attempt to revive Kim Jong-Il, Adolf Hitler, and Saddam Hussein, but are unsuccessful due to their bodies being in poor shape. They then locate the grave of the Iranian terrorist dictator and revive him. Chaos begins. All H.E.L.L members gain extraordinary abilities.

3008: The Great Five declare a global state of emergency as the Conquest begins. They then begin to form the group of fighters to restore peace to the world, and animals are brought to a planet for refuge and end up lead by the various feline species.

War begins. Good VS Evil.

14. AJ Skyterra

AJ Skyterra The Crystal Bending Gem of Science

Battle Society: Zero

This is an action series I'm working on. Here's a rough synopsis I made a few days ago:

Battle Society: Zero is about a group of teens living in the middle of a war between their military government of Nation-7, and the military monarchy of TaiJok. Their government treats their youth as expendable weapons against the enemy as they are able to enlist in the army once they are 16. As rumors of another District Draft Tournament Rise, one teacher seeks for the four special kids that he knows that will help end the war.

More in depth:

(AU) After Earth's sixth world war, nuclear bombs laid waste to the entire planet. It took the world fifty years to rebuild itself, but the new American nation, Nation-7, suffered from a plague from the backlash of the war. Disorders from the exposure of nuclear waste passed on to new generations and were endangering the population of the Sevens, so the government funded the laboratories to search overseas for a cure. There, soldiers and scientists met the Taijans--a mix of eastern and an alien race who during the 22nd century migrated to earth and began to trade with countries such as China and Japan--whose people had a gene that counteracted the disease (thanks to their dna being mixed with an alien origin). In exchange for subjects to test on, the 7 Military offered TaiJok, who were struggling to establish themselves as a powerful nation, the capitol to build up their military. The Taijans, however, were very spiritual, and believed that their bodies were vessels for the Great Deity. So the fact that Taijan soldiers were being treated poorly in 7 Training Camps upset them. But after the Taijan cure became more successful and popular among the Sevens, the 7 Military would also use some of their soldiers for tests on how to cure other diseases without the King's consent. The Taijan King eventually found out and invaded one of the wings of the District Zero (capitol of Nation-7) building to rescue some of their soldiers. Taking this as a sign of betrayal, Nation-7 retaliated. TaiJok had a vast league of young warriors, who protected the king and risked their lives for their planet and that grew in number every day, so in order to level the playing field, the 7 Military issued the District Draft Tournament, where a certain number of teenagers ages 16-18 were to be drafted into the military and tested against others to see where they would rank. The ones that ranked the highest would be put on the front lines as a defensive in their country. The student to score the highest in the Tournament of 53 was the lieutenant major’s son, Dominic Hayes. Because of his high I.Q, the general, Gen. Maddox, decided to use a different approach and use Dominic as a spy. Dominic was to represent himself as a 7 Rouge who fled Nation-7 to find a job away from the military. The 7 Military were to stage a kidnapping of the Taijan princess and make it out for Dominic to be the savior. While gaining the King’s trust and refuge, he would scan the inside of their palace and their growing military to spot a weakness. While on the inside, Dominic found out many secrets, including the secret identities of the King’s four royal watchmen. The Taijans believed them to be reincarnations of the heaven’s four elemental demigods who were able to seal the gates of Hell during their home planet’s first “war.” They possessed ancient weapons that seemed barbarian to Nation-7, but never was any 7 soldier able to defeat them, or was anyone else able to wield their weapons. It was also revealed that a martial art was branched out of each elemental deity, and they are the four fighting styles used to fight Nation-7, and even their newly developed weapons are specifically developed for each style. Dominic started to sink into the TaiJok customs and even though he would report in on the secrets he learned, guilt plagued him of betraying the people he had grown to love. So as time lapsed on, he kept on retaining newer information, and spent more time practicing the elemental martial arts of the Taijans. He even sacrificed some of his blood over the sword the King had wielded for him, so his spirit would be connected to his weapon (another custom practiced by the Taijan soldiers). Little did he know that more 7 Spies were watching over him, and when they reported of Dominic’s treason, his father retaliated in the most brutal way: an ambush on the Taijan palace and a real kidnapping of the Princess Kazue. Because the 7 Army already knew most of the Taijan’s secrets, they were able to hold their own against the four royal watchmen. Dominic tried to save them, but was taken prisoner by the other Taijan soldiers for betrayal. While Dominic was facing the king, an bomb was released in one of the cities where the four warriors were occupied, and killed everyone. After investigation of the land, it was revealed that the four warriors, although dead, had bodies unscarred and their weapons remained in tact, so the General ordered them to be captured and samples of their DNA be taken for further experiment. The army laid waste to their land: burning buildings, destroying crops, releasing poisonous bombs, and Dominic was eventually recaptured by the Sevens and taken to his father. Dominic’s punishment for treason would originally be death, but because he was the major’s son the general took pity upon him, and he was instead was sentenced to ten years in District: Zero Detainment Camp instead.

I'll post character info soon.

#614 AJ Skyterra, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
  15. partysmores999

I've always wanted to do a dark cartoon in anime-style, and I've been thinking about this one for over a month:

Name: The Deathly Flowers

Plot: The life out in the country isn't always so simple. Farm working, sheep herding, and lots more are hard for teens. What's harder? Not being able to pick a flower for your girlfriend without worrying that you'll be killed.

For many years, there has been an urban legend that after you pick a flower in the south side of the country, you will die a horrible death. This has scared many people into moving out of the country. But some want to investigate more about these deathly flowers.

Who planted them? Why do people die after picking them? 50 teens are chosen from the country who are willing to risk their lives to find out the mystery. They were warned: only one will survive. Which one will crack the secret of the deathly flowers? Who will die a horrible death?

Characters: Coming Soon. Will Be Updated.

Anime-style animation which includes dark romance.

I like to see this as being an [adult swim]-like show and I'd like to see some feedback.

16. TenPoundHammer

TenPoundHammer Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune

I'm the original poster, back under my original name. My original idea has mutated into a webcomic idea with very few remaining ideas save the original character. Most of the humor has turned out very dark and profane.

Are there any good places that allow you to host a webcomic for free with few limits on content?

17. darkdetective

darkdetective Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer

I host my webcomic on comicgenesis.com. It's free.

18. Srebak

Srebak Member

Kingdom of the Stars

I'll try my hand at this

My idea is called Kingdom of the Stars

Plot:
    For over a thousand years, the stars have hovered over our fair sky. So bright that you feel you can touch them, but so far away that such an act is impossible. Over the years, mankind has studied these stars and noticed that a collection of stars often mass together. So much so, that they almost form shapes shapes of animals, people and even things. But this was just for means of stories and fantasy, or was it? The truth is, there’s a reason why these stars are so close together. Many eons ago, there were no stars, save the ones large enough to accommodate what the people of Earth would call; Solar Systems. Then, there came beings known as Celestial Wraiths. They began to harness their internal cosmic energy and created spheres of pure energy. These spheres became what are now known as stars. This weakened them, but as the eons passed, the wraiths began to have a feeling common among artists. The desire to see their art come alive. While some artists don’t take this feeling so far. The Wraiths bring about more of their cosmic energy and actually make every constellation they’ve ever created, come alive. What’s more, they actually create a realm for their creations to call home. Thus, the Kingdom of the Stars was born on that day. The wraiths originally sought to reign over their “children” themselves, but their monumental efforts drained not only their power, but much of their life force as well. They knew they could no longer remain as corporeal beings and they decide to take a new dormant form. Every wraith to ever exist began to circle a massive planet known as Saturn and they transformed into the rings that circle it to this day. Meanwhile, in their absence, one of their constellations, named Orion the hunter, became the ruler of this kingdom of stars. For many years, none of this has mattered, until now. For you see, while Orion has ruled this kingdom benevolently and his subjects have become well versed in matters of both science and sorcery. Evil was near and what’s more, it is preparing. One being has always resented Orion’s position and seeks it for himself, that being is Draco the dragon. Draco has been searching for a way to overthrow Orion, be it by means of magic or technology. But so far, he has found nothing capable of defeating even Orion’s dogs; Canis Major and Canis Minor, let alone the hunter himself. Until one day, the evil reptile learned what happened to the “Ancient Star Makers” and considers the possibility that some on the Celestial Wraiths’ power may still reside within these rings. With that power, Draco’s ambitions would be assured. So much so, that the idea even entices two other constellational creatures; Scorpio and Cancer. With their aid, Draco reaches Saturn and attempts to use a device of his own design (a long pole forged from an asteroid, that harnesses both scientific suction and mystical drain to siphon energy from almost anything) to drain all the supposed power of Saturn’s rings into it, which he intends to absorb for himself later on. But something went horribly wrong; there was much of the wraith’s cosmic energy still in the rings of Saturn, too much power. So much that the pole overloaded and caused a cosmic anomaly, one that actually caused the rings of Saturn separate from the planet and scatter across the universe. Orion soon felt this transaction had occurred and sent for one of the wisest of constellational beings; Ursa the bear (the Big dipper). He tells her that this matter requires a group, immediately. So he commands her to seek out as many Constellational beings as she can to fix this matter. You see, when the rings separated from Saturn, there was an effect in the cosmic spectrum. If the rings aren’t found and returned to Saturn within 1½ year’s time, the planet itself will implode and then explode. Since Saturn’s size is second only to Jupiter, an explosion of that magnitude will literally rip apart half the universe, which will cause the other half to slowly fall into oblivion. Understanding this fully, Ursa sets out and locates five extraordinary Constellations who she feels are perfect for this assignment. They are Aquila the eagle, Aries the Ram, Leo the lion, Valerie the fox (Vulpecula) and Lupus the Wolf. At first Orion is reluctant to recruit these five, but knowing what is at stake, he allows them to become “the Star Sentries”. With that, Orion commissions them to locate all 14 Saturn rings. To do this, he grants them access to the most sacred treasure in the realm; The Libra Scale. The Libra scale is a scale that can actually act as compass to each of the rings and lead the Sentries right to them. It has hidden powers too, but only one as wise as Ursa can truly use them. However, the Sentries are not the only ones out to find the rings. Draco is also out to find them, not for the universe’s safety, but to continue what he started and drain them of their powers. And it’s not just Cancer and Scorpio helping him, the evil dragon will often recruit other constellational beings to assist him in his plans. Now the race is on to find the rings and retrieve them. In the hands of five animals, lies the power of the cosmos and the galaxy’s future.

What do you think, does it sound too much like another show?

19. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

I've been thinking a lot about that concept I posted recently. Could I ever turn it into a real series? Doubtful. Voice cast for fun:

Zarad Ritorno: Vic Mignogna
    Julie Paix: Jamie Marchi
    Albert Vmire: Jamieson Price

Richard Restaurierung (leader of the organization): Crispin Freeman
    Greg Vrijheid (leader of the United States): Christopher Lee
    Mary Lutte (leader of Canada): Brina Palencia
    Tetsuya Heiwa (leader of Japan): Phil LaMarr
    Sasha Voin (leader of Russia): Michael Dorn
    Elizabeth Koppla (leader of the United Kingdom): Mary McGlynn

Iranian Terrorist Dictator (name TBD): Travis Willingham

20. partysmores999

THE DEATHLY FLOWERS: DIALOG

Note: I have named none of these characters yet, so all will be addressed as "Name Here".

Name Here: But we're just teenagers!

Name Here: Yeah, moronic teenagers! You can't trust us with a mission like this!

Name Here: I'm afraid there is no other choice.

Name Here: (while trying to juggle plates on their nose) Look at me, I'm a moron, I can't be trusted...

Name Here: Shut up. It's not worth it. We're going to have to do this one way or another.

Name Here: Hello, fisherman. Wanna hear a song?

Name Here: W-who are you?

Name Here: I'm your worst nightmare...and I've brought flowers.

Name Here: You can't do this!

Name Here: It's my only way out. The flowers will get me otherwise.

Name Here: You don't know that!

Name Here: Yes, I do.

Name Here: You're not a fortune teller! This is not the answer.

Name Here: I'm afraid it is. Good-bye...forever.

Name Here: When we're done with this crap, wanna go catch a movie?

Name Here: Sure! (whispering) Please, flowers, kill him, kill him...

Name Here: I've found the flower patch.

Name Here: The deathly flower patch?

Name Here: No, the rainbow flower patch.

Name Here: Okay. Just wanted to make sure.

Name Here: You're an idiot.

Name Here: (realizes he/she was sarcastic) Idiot and proud of it!