1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Make your own new cartoon idea!

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by All Star Blitz, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

That was what I was aiming for. At first, the kids were good, and wanted to save the world from Zeeten. Then the kids were evil, and Zeeten was a nitwit and was good. Currently, both sides have around the same intelligence and evil intentions.

2. Mickialla

Mickialla Suave Incarnate

Nice idea, do you have any pics?

My Maxy, Harvey & Zook idea is really evolving great. I've changed the character designs a bit, and I might post them in a few days (like I haven't said that before).

3. Racattack!Force

But of course! ;) Oops...forgot Emma's backpack.
    [​IMG]

4. Mickialla

Zeeten looks kind of like a bunny.

5. Racattack!Force

[​IMG]

Eh, I don't see the resemblance myself. :sweat: Maybe if Zeeten had whiskers...

EDIT: Yeah, he does look like a bunny with you draw whiskers on him.

6. Mickialla

It was the antennae that made him look like one. I like that you tried to go with a different approach to the whole alien look, though, instead of going with your average alien design.

7. Racattack!Force

Thanks, I worked hard to make him look unique. The St@rt designs will be hope pretty soon...if anyone here still remembers the concept.

8. SuperDudeX

SuperDudeX Active Member

There was an earlier idea of mine that started around 2001. I wanted it to grow and have it's own wide continuity. It's an homage/parody blend of past sci-fi series and serials which had a main storyline about three out-of luck loser nerds, Zack, Rob, and Ed who flunked out of high school with nowhere else to go, and end up in a abandoned trailer together. One day, an mysterious spaceship crash lands near their new found home, without a pilot to be seen. Scencing a potential purpose for them, Zack decides to form a rag-tag team of his fellow friends (and a stowaway sister) who manage to rebuild the ship and embark on a mission to explore the universe, battle against extra-terrestrial adversaries...and meet lots of alien chicks.

The first story arc would have them caught in the middle of a war between a space police force and an army of a violent race of aliens known as the Ziegorr. Both sides end of going against the crew and they have to find a way to end the century-old conflict... with thier own tatics that doesn't always end up successful...

The title I had for it at the time was Nebula Dudes: Stupid Adventures of The Galaxy!!. I even made a little teaser image in 2003 to go with it:
    [​IMG]
    Note, the "smiley face with horns" is the insigna that the group would later go on to create.

I originally scraped it, but I'm starting to come back to it to see if I could maybe improve on it. Any thoughts on this one?

9. Noah The Rex

Noah The Rex Member

Here's my idea for a cartoon series I think is pretty cool, it's about five very these different alien teens living together in the distant future. They all have different personalities and sometimes they disagree, but their friendship prevails. Two letters changed the world. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. mowub

mowub Active Member

Those character designs remind me of what I liked to draw until recently.
    [​IMG]

11. J!!!

J!!! You're such a little kid~

Ok I have another idea but unlike the other one......I'm kinda scared to put it or not . I mean unlike my other one this one is kinda more original......and I'm really scared that it might get stolen............and the idea is REALLY weired. Should I post it or not?

#591 J!!!, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  12. Mateia Andrei

Mateia Andrei New Member

original

you could post it if you would like to but in my opinion nothing is original why?
    well think about this every picture you ever knew is made up by the colors white and black and all other colors are a subdivision or unification of the 2 an example is that red is an division of white and grey is a unification of black and white so in a sense every picture that will be made was made or is being made always existed you are only bringing it in this reality so nothing is original but it is exciting to bring ideas to our world from the concept world

#592 Mateia Andrei, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
  13. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I recently reworked an old cartoon idea of mine with a newer premise.

It's about a girl named Sarah (or Lizzie, I haven't decided), who loves to read fiction novels. One day she ends up saving an elven prince from unleashing a powerful evil into her world. This causes the government to take action, and places Sarah and the elven prince in an prep school filled with kids from different worlds in an effort to bring peace and stability throughout the multiverse.
    The student body includes an elven warrior, a catgirl, a mad scientist, an alien, a spy, undead students, grim reaper's daughter, a leprechaun, an amazon, and a seemingly non-sentient blender, just to name a few.

I'm calling it Fantasy Prep School.
    The story takes my love of crossovers and fish-out-of-water stories into something that can write itself!

14. dw-divastar

dw-divastar Guest

Bakermonium

I've been developing a couple of series of my own for the past few years. I'd love to share one of them with you guys here. It's a TV-Y7 kids' comedy cartoon that I would just love to see on Cartoon Network most ideally (or I would take Nick as a second choice, too). I call this series Bakermonium ("Baker Pandemonium" put together)...it's about the fun and wacky misadventures of three little sisters (the Baker sisters) and their six best friends. I have all the info about this series of mine, and many pics of my characters, in my Deviantart account...I made a special folder for it here: http://dw-divastar.deviantart.com/gallery/#OCs-Bakermonium .

I'll copy and paste the important parts from my DA page here:

Bakermonium Series Premise:
    Bakermonium ("Baker Pandemonium") is my kids' comedy cartoon series about the fun and zany adventures of six-year-old triplet Baker sisters LaToya, Lakeisha, and Khadijah, and their same-age best friends Miko, Johann, Benny, Pedro, Chad, and Marianne. This large gang of nine friends are a fun, precocious, eclectic bunch. They have various different personalities individually, but they all play off each other with amazing, humorous chemistry when they are together. This is best showcased when they go through all sorts of crazy situations and misadventures in their home city of Velo City, and other locations as well....such as sneaking a large statue away from a tyrannical assistant principal, a homework-eating dog, a loose mummy at school, a fighting suit mecha, fighting writer's block, marriage to a worm, a cattle drive, a booger monster, turning into chickens, and so much more.

But no matter what kind of situation of excitement, craziness, or danger crosses their paths, the Baker sisters and their friends are always able to come together and unite at just the right time with their strong and powerful friendship, wits, and imagination, helping them to defeat their troubles and foes, and triumph. Neither homework, nor bad guys, nor fever or hail, will prevent Bakermonium from its need to prevail!

Character Bios (click the links to read them) and Pics:
    The Baker sisters's bios http://dw-divastar.deviantart.com/art/Bakermonium-The-Baker-Sisters-38150718 , and their six best friends' bios http://dw-divastar.deviantart.com/art/Bakermonium-Friends-1-39585177 http://dw-divastar.deviantart.com/art/Bakermonium-Friends-2-48113929
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I have even written out the first two chapters (out of four chapters altogether) of one of my episode ideas, "Rip Van Keisha":
    Part 1 of 4: http://dw-divastar.deviantart.com/art/Bkmn-Rip-Van-Keisha-1-of-4-109944231
    Part 2 of 4: http://dw-divastar.deviantart.com/art/Bkmn-Rip-Van-Keisha-2-of-4-122256451

I would love to get as much feedback as possible about my Bakermonium series! So any and all thoughts, feedback, and constructive crit would be greatly appreciated! You can write them out here in this thread, or at my DA account. If you have a DA account, I would highly prefer that you leave your feedback on my DA page...I'll be much better able to keep track of them this way.

#594 dw-divastar, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
  15. lwhitehead

lwhitehead Member

Queen of the Road

Hi this my idea for a cartoon TV series intitled Queen of the Road, it's about the infamous Queen family and there trucking company Queen's Trucking.

The show it self is like King of the Hill each semi driver is daughter of Jack (Blacktop) Queen he has Four each by differant mother.

It take place in America current timeframe, and like King of Hill each ep is about the trucking company trying to make it in this world.

I could use some help, due to the simple fact that I never done such a thing like this before,

LW

16. mowub

mowub Active Member

The title is TOO similar to King of the Hill.

17. SuperDudeX

SuperDudeX Active Member

AwsumGuy: Hero of New Age!! (Awsumguy: 新しい年齢の英雄!!)

This series follows the hero known as AwsumGuy, who was borned and trained under the Gods of the EN-th Dimension, and has been assigned to prove his worth as a true protector of the universe by defending Earth against the members of the legion of deadly interglactic psychopaths known as G.H.A.S.T., who are leaded by the alien tyrant Glyii. Armed with supersonic flight, enhanced strength, A growing fighting knowledge, and an arsenal of gadgets and weapons to one-up himself...and quickly take out anything in his way. Mixed that with a half-crazed, sly, and never-say-diie attitude, and you have yourself our future savior of the unvierse...either that, or we're royally hosed.

18. Yokuro98

Yokuro98 New Member

I don't really know if this is going to work as cartoon series, but could anyone tell me if this fic that I recently wrote up is good enough to be a good cartoon?

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=3243471#post3243471

Because I'll love to make it out as a cartoon; Mostly as saturday morning one, but not so much for children. Maybe those people who grew up with the saturday morning cartoons. Otherwise I recommend to make this fiction of mine as a childrens cartoon:

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/328/e/2/Cocoa_Polkka_1_Go_Indigo_Go_by_Kirbster98.html

I hope someone could tell me if my ideas are funny like 90's cartoons was. (But not too much.)

19. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

1st Idea:
    Flashback (tenative title): Inspiration coming from Megas XLR, Invader ZIM, and Phil of the Future. A teenager from the year 2067 travels through time into 2009 to try to prevent two troublemakers from gaining control over America, then the Earth. He then ends up stuck in the past until he can stop these kids from doing the events they did in the past that lead to their control. While there, he gains assistance from someone of that time who would grow up to be apart of an organization against the two villains, a teenage girl.
    MAIN CHARACTERS
    Zalan: A 15-year old from the year 2067 who traveled to 57 years in the past. He renamed himself "Zack" while in the past. He blatantly ignored any kids who spoke to him, calling them "pitiful imbeciles" who had the most insane beliefs, and laughs at the concept of the world ending in three years, since it ended up being a normal day.

Jessica: A 15-year old girl living in the present time. In Zalan's time, she was one of the leaders of an organization against the evil duo, at her age of 42, due to the machine affecting her. Zalan ends up recognizing her, as he was a member of said organization, and gains her trust and manages to tell her all about his secrets, and she agrees to assist him. She is seen to possibly have feelings for Zalan, despite the future and whatnot.

Kyle: An overweight, lazy 14-year old who ended up gaining control of the world with his best friend. He is almost always doing something disgusting in present time, but can be shown to be intelligent, as him and his friend managed to create a age-delaying device that would make sure they could rule as long as possible. This machine made the same growth a normal person would make in a year take ten years, meaning a longer life. This machine also affected Jessica.

Nick: A tall, chubby 15-year old boy who would later end up one of the rulers of the planet Earth. He was able to get himself nominated in the 2016 Election in the Republican party, along with Kyle as his Vice president, despite their young age. Upon winning, he soon gained control over many other countries, soon the world.

Megan: A girl from 2067 who checks up on Zalan's status daily by communicating to him via futuristic technology.
    She is unable herself to get to the past, but offers a great deal of assistance to Zalan and Jessica.

SECONDARY CHARACTERS
    Monica: A sinister 16-year old girl who ended up teaming up with Kyle and Nick and being one of their allies. She is often seen in the present annoying everyone in sight.

Frank: One of Zalan's enemies in the present, Frank gets humor out of annoying Zalan. He is on the school's varsity soccer team, and can be seen as a recurring joke cheating on his girlfriend, though she doesn't believe anyone who tells her.

Robert: A student who was in an alliance with Kyle and Nick for a short while until they used him for cruel missions, and he escaped and allied with the Organization.

Also various other students and whatnot.

1st Season: (First few episodes for now)
    Episode 1- Time Travel- Zalan enters the time machine to try to restore order to the world, and traces their first origins of their ruling back to 2009. Upon arriving in the past, Zalan finds himself in a city in the United States, where he manages to find the High School where Kyle and Nick attend, and registers there under the name "Zack Nyfodol", borrowing the Welsh word for "future" as his last name. On his first day there, he begins his investigation, where he meets the teenage Jessica, one of the leaders of the Organization against Kyle and Nick.

Episode 2-Revelation- Zalan and Jessica become more acquainted with each other, he reveals to her the truth about his origins and her future. Upon evidence, they gain each other's trust and agree to work together against Kyle and Nick.
    While Jessica begins thinking she has feelings for him, he begins work on tracking down Zack and Nick to try to sabotage a dangerous device they were to invent a few days later after Megan informs him that that day would happen then.

Episode 3-Prevention-Zalan manages to locate Kyle's home, where him and Nick were beginning work on a dangerous object that would a few days later cause significant damage. Upon not being able to get the supplies, he calls for help by Jessica who manages to cause a distraction while Zalan steals their items and tosses them in the garbage. When reporting into Megan, she informs him that some change has happened, but Kyle and Nick still are in control.

Episode 4-Foreshadowing- Zalan locates Kyle at break in a school club and confronts him, asking him several questions, all of which he answers correctly, bringing the research progress to a further point. Upon leaving, he finds a piece of paper on the ground, which he picks up, revealing it's some sort of blueprint of a machine he invented later on. He shares his discovery with Megan, who tells him it's a critical piece of information.

2nd Idea:
    Bionicle: This is not really my concept, but if done right, a series based off of the BIONICLE Lego figures could work.

#599 Rho, May 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  20. mowub

mowub Active Member

I need some advice on improving my dialogue. I want it to sound funnier, and less boring and wordy. This dialogue was from an unfinished 1-page strip. Imagine an ant talking to a bear:
    Tony: Something wrong, man?
    Hub: Oh nothing. I just miss Violet.
    Tony: But she DUMPED you.
    Hub: And yet, she was really nice before then. She dumped me because she thought I was bad at my job.
    Tony: You're bad at bagging groceries?!
    Hub: *glare*
    Tony: ...Sorry. Anyway I can sympathize. My ex-partner in crime, Scott the JERK-vark, left one day, completely out of the blue. While I slept, he taped a note to my head. It said he needed to get away, as well as several bad words directed toward me.
    Hub: I hated that guy's nose.
    Tony: I couldn't care less where he is right now.
    *Elsewhere*
    Violet: You're so awesome, Scott!
    Scott: Oh, Violet, I'm not THAT great. I used to be a criminal!