1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Make your own new cartoon idea!

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by All Star Blitz, Nov 16, 2008.

1. SuperDudeX

SuperDudeX Active Member

IDK, it's a bit of a "codename" type of working title, haven't really gotten a better one as of yet.

The only other considerable titles I could think of atm is "EmoticonBlade" and "Multi-Heart"

#541 SuperDudeX, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
  2. King

King I'M GOING TO JAPAN!

Ok, this is for fun, it's not original, but I had this idea in my head.

TMNT: The Four Brothers.

I always want to see a strict TMNT that was more base off from the original comic book, but set back in old Japan.

I'll give off the details later, but what do you think?

3. mowub

mowub Active Member

What did you guys think of that dialogue I wrote? I've got the visuals in my head at the moment.

4. SuperDudeX

SuperDudeX Active Member

It was pretty good IMO

Any advise on my series?

5. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

It's a pretty interesting concept I would watch. But I need to know if you've planed out the main characters backstories. Action series (heck, any series IMO) needs backstories for its characters.

6. SuperDudeX

SuperDudeX Active Member

Oh, I have that all figured, as I will show you.

The wasteland Earth that the series takes place in is a result of the planet's core temperatures rising up into the surface from constant polution, causing many living things to die out, and making humans go on a one way trip to the endangered species list. Months later, A select number of humans begin to morph into cochroach-like creatures from the evaporated radiation and began to wage war on all living beings. This began the birth of the Zkylaa. That period of time was known as the Hellfire Dawn.

900 years pass.

The war still goes on. The Zkylaa are winning. Their only hope is a mentally scarred and insane teenager with a secondary group with extrordinary powers. Is humanity doomed?

Kaemon Masaoka - Kaemon came from a family of warriors. Most of his family members, including his own parents, despise him becaause of his peaceful nature and weak abilities, and in result, they constantly beat him down and throw insults at him day after day. This drive Kaemon to train by himself to become a skilled samurai, with mixed results. Years later, Kaemon's parents invite him to participate in a duel, with his fellow siblings choosing the oppenent. It was his sister, Nanako. She was incredibly weak and unable to defend her self. He end up fighting her, and his parents force him into killing her. The Zkylaa suddenly appear, and begins to slaughter the rest of his large family. The horror and emotional trauma causes Kaemon to dissapear at the age of 13. 15 years later, we see him post-Zkylaa experiment, with his allies, Devilin, Mell, Zukka, and Bii, the human-like mutants created from Kaemon's emotions and DNA. He is now a relunctant fighter with a peaceful and witty attitude fighting his way through the rnemy forces, but he's still haunted by his past life and sins, but tries to cope with his inner pain with the help of his newfound "siblings"...

Devilin - Devilin is a disturbing one. He was born from Kaemon's darker sides, such as his anger and hatred. A malfuction in the mutation process caused his entire body to deform into a corpse-like state, which also melted away his entire face, and thus he wears a carved hockey mask to disguise his horrific state. He weilds a sword-like macette that he mounts on his back, and he also has the ability to regrow lost limbs over time.

Mell - Mell is seen as the smartest of the group, trying to prevent everyone from going insane and killing eachother. She appears as an intelligent, yet uncaring and emotionless girl, but she tends to show the oppposite at times. Mell usually doen't fight much, but she always gives off advice and stategies to the others as assistance Mell is often seen observing things and writing them down on old, beaten down notebooks salvaged from the group's little journey, in an attempt to gain a higher understanding of this world.

Zukka - Adventurous, energenic, and down-right insane. Those are the three things that usually describe Zukka, who was uniquely made from Kaemon's courage and current state os insanity. She was affected by a newer test of an earlier Zklaa experiment to make a super-warrior, which was dissolved into her body with defects. This transformed her into a psychotic mercenary with an enhanced weapon intelligence, diving head-first into a heated conflict with a smile.

Bii - Bii is unique, seeing as how he looks like a 10-year old boy, and was made from Kaemon's lost innocense. Bii is usually quiet and avoidant of situations. Bii has the ability to transform his arms into indestructible spears, and he can also read the minds of others. It is known that he has additional powers, but little is known about them. He tends to idolize Zukka for her fearless attitude, which leaves him to becomes a "lackey" for her.

I may post more stuff later on, so look out for them...

#546 SuperDudeX, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009
  7. warnerbro7

warnerbro7 pretty cute huh?

new and improved

my cartoon has been improved upon , since my first post was chicken scratch heres a reorganized backstory.

" the Diablotoons history began in 1937, in the CommaD studios where the executive, Marquon Donovan, was behind in the current rise of entertainment.
    His studio ratings dropped recently because of a cartoon called "Lazer Crab"
    so to get his studio back on track he went out to search for talent, and luckly stumbeld into his old friend Mitchel " spunky" Samson and his brother mike. at the time the two were famous directors and Donovan immediatly embraced them into his studio. in 1938 mike and mitchel created the studios earliest known stars, oslo, the wacky simplisitic cat, and puddle the rock stupid dog that pursued oslo and ussualy failed. they only had 20 cartoons before the samson brothers retierd,and before the studio moved into color.upon having his "stars" retired Donovan searched once again for new talent. Another well Known director Donte' Wood arrived in 1939 along with his charecters Dexter,xavier,and megan, the studios next potential stars. Donovan liked the characters so much he directed their first cartoon " look book brooks" was an overly zany cartoon and it REALLY bombed.letting wood take control woods rememberd that they were stunt kids for the silent film kings and wanted a calmer type of humor for the so he directed the second cartoon" night night brooks" where the level headed cool dexter, the oblivois to everything and stubborn xavier and megan the optimistic aggressive when pushed had to clean a filthy movie theater and save their sister from her weird date . when the results came back the audience ranked the cartoon mediocre, not really satisfied woods created more cartoons, the next two were also mediocre but the cartoons got better with time, esspecaily their 5th cartoon" time flu".

"Another big star came to the studio in 1940 , victoria foxx,a middle aged irritalbe fox that was a broadway singer and eas replaced becuase her mellow voice was slowly dying out, she was replaced by her younger sister and needed somewhere to go. at first she was a minor character ,but as animator Annie Dennis pointed out, " this world needs more lead feamale characters i mean look at betty boop" and with that she took over victorias cartoons.her first five were war cartoons, her most famous being " the bad and the furry-us" Dennis didnt let her stardom stop there she aslo let her star in fox centerd fabels and as a sheaperd over a big flock of sheep her first was " foxy sheep-herd" to which it explains her story and how she ends up on a farm where she is forced to watch a farmers sheep.

Dennis created new characters in 1946 based off of her sons. neil a brove noble guy with a loud voice and new york accent and very selfish, likes the NBA. his cousin ,Camren a lovable tree huggging guy that hed plenty off morals and was exremly genorus(ack) and was very neat. their first cartoon was " gold mine-ing" ro which neil attemps to steal other miners gold and camren tries to stop him and they fall into a deep abandoned mine hole and need each other ro escape.the audince responded positivly to them and they went on to do many adventure spoofs, and normal life situations and were nominated for 2 acadamy awards.

jimmy holston liiked the idea ok a feamale lead characters and created seven girls based on the girls he met on high school. anne,clarrisa,monique,emila,vannesa,zoe,and amberlyn added a definte feminine touch to the diablotoons and megan and victoria wasnt the only girl any more.they spoofed lots of women and women ca=enterd movies as well as formed relationships with the guys.the audince loved the most voilent short vannesas " despair is in the air" (1947) and zoe " a die-ary"(1948)

in 1949 Bill Davidsons terrance a mischevios little busy bodycame on to the screen, he was considred a mediocre character until he was partnerd by Davidson animation assistants,Raydord Tytila, cartoon character duane " bulldog" clemonts a disiplend military brat that was exremly lazy. Davidson played the nickname game and nicknemed terrance " steven".
    from then on they were known as bulldog and steven cartoons , they were sort of a thow back to archie and jughead. their first cartoon being 'under the bed dread"(1949) and their second " santa claws lives"(1950) proved thwm to be a winning duo they wnet on to make dozens of cartoons and nominnated for 5 academy awards.

in 1950 Blitz Freedman created tiger, a saber tooth tiger and tasmanian tiger mix that constantly looked for a challenged and was a wise guy and was the brains of he and spike, a stupid supposedly extinct creature that tiger called a psuedlotops.their first cartoon featuerd these two evadeing trappers through the enitire cartoon and getting caught at the end.they went on to do 25 more cartoon on the next 12 years

In 1955 the studio went through a cute phase and the new director frank bastin creatd clyde d. byrd. a trash talking blue jay that was green and was rejected by nearly everyone in his third cartoon he gained a new aquintince kyle the cooper hawk in "mad hawkin"(1957)which clyde gets pushed around by a bunch of falcons and kyle teaches them a creuel lesson by a devilsh prank for messing with clyde

in the 60s bastin created another charecter for his cartoon , buzz e. bee
    a security guard that was in conrol of gaurding tiger and spike in the all new acme zoo.tiger often tried to outwit him and even bribe him, but never could escape his " prison"
    Dennis creates another charecter whos life is full of endless slapstick, bobby clown,any clown trick he attempted always back fired on him. one of the funniest was "clown town"(1965) bobby is litteraly in a colwn town and is constantly getting hurt by other clowns,he doesnt know why its because he forgot his mime cousins bithday( they dont speak any more)
    dennis and davidson collaborated and created blilly finster a one of a kind nerd that constantly tried to to fit in with pop culture and never could. a good example is "Space case"( 1969) in which billy is abducted by aliens and has to save earth, intsead he embaress himself and earth in the process. the last imporatant character was dolyle chimpmunk a chipmunk that didnt care about danger hed fight anyone if given a chance. Charlie Swazy made his first short " fly me and see"(1979) show a bear coming into acme forest to eat chipmunk the normal chipmunks run doyle blows the bears away dynomite and all.

the studio had minor one shot characters as well:
    angel boy-a cupid that turned to a human every day after valitines day in the form of a kid with his counterpart devil boy
    timmy tuna - ony had two cartoons which he fought for his very life in both from a stupid shark
    nelsom otter- a deep thinking quick wiited otter only had 10 cartoons nad was fondly remebered in his cartoon "the otter guy"(1947 ,wood)

Just as the studio was at its peak donovan was satisfied with his directirs and their cartoons. sadly he died in 1981 in his sleep, and the studio created a giant morage for him. so the CEO benson hartnet took over until the mid ninties when he got into a horrible car accident and had to resign.
    an unliked man Jacob Wlison came to the studio and took over , known for his greed and being a tight wad he compleylt ingnored the diablotoons, even though they had plenty of merchaindice and one movie, he instead foucused on his unsessful high school news paper comic newspape comic "wacky toons" he stole the warners plots and personalities and installed them is his three badger characters. the audisne hated it and demanded diablotoons back. he refused to continue the show and instead created mimic charecters timmy jimmy and lauren , the audience hated this even more, and wilson was flaming mad. he demanded that the staff made new characters or leave. most of the staff left. then he created a discusting show clucky ducks. in 97' he didnt pay much so they made abysmal plots and twisted everything for sweet revenge, they created booby an ugly duck/skunk character and made his personality reek, ironicly wilson loved it , the remaing crew lest.so wilson hired an inexperienced staff,and it showed in thier horribly animated shorts. wilson quit his job in 98' the greedy man took all his characters with him , glad he was gone donovans son Brain Donovan finnaly came of age to inherit the studio , and closed it in 1999.
    afraid of having to do sweet potlicticy correct cartoons. the studio remaind dormat until today ,Brain reopened the studio and is hopeing to create new( along with the old) diablotoon adventures

:sweat:phew:sweat: what do you think?

8. Mateia Andrei

Mateia Andrei New Member

Lets Make Together A Cartoon

THIS ARE MY CURRENT IDEAS BUT I WISH TO COLLABORATE WITH OTHERS AND MAKE TOGETHER A GREAT CARTOON
    • Seth Gordon: the adventures of a 13 years old boy together with his friend Thunder a legendary creature
    • Team Action: three teenagers develop superpowers and they have to learn what means to be a true hero
    • Manta Rey: the last survivor of an ancient plant-animal race fights his inner demons called revenge
    • The legendary Aggaron: an young prince searches a way to end a war long has time
    • Pinky Flik: a young girl helps everybody to discover the lost inner joy
    • The book of avatar: a group of teenagers find a book that teach them how to master their life and the entire universe
    • Sher khan; the journey of a criminal from zero to hero
    • Myths Unite: twisted myths tells a new story about life and ourself
    • Urth:
    • School Battle: the geeks , the outfits , the popular kids and other separated groups of kids wage a battle in the school until they find out that their diffrences makes them strong not weak

9. mowub

mowub Active Member

Um... Book of Avatar... bad name. Don't call it that unless you want to be accused of ripping off Avatar: The Last Airbender. Also, Shere Khan... is this about the tiger from The Jungle Book?

10. Mateia Andrei

Mateia Andrei New Member

A AVATAR IS A MASTER OF LIFE SO I AM NOT USING IT INCORRECTLY
    and Sher Khan has more to do with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sher_Shah_Suri

11. SuperDudeX

SuperDudeX Active Member

Posted the bios of the rest of EMO-Blade's main characters.

Thoughts?

12. warnerbro7

SuperDudeX your characters are pretty good:) i like their backgrounds, do you like my idea:confused: ( i know its very long)

13. Mateia Andrei

Mateia Andrei New Member

are you intrested in making a cartoon show let unity our ideas and make something very cool

14. SuperDudeX

SuperDudeX Active Member

Depends.

Whst do you have in mind?

15. warnerbro7

thats pretty cool, your cartoon really seems to be getting better all the time;) any advice on my backstory?

16. mowub

mowub Active Member

When you look at Pam, do you see a human or an alien?

[​IMG]

17. TenPoundHammer

TenPoundHammer Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune

Both. And yes, that's a good thing.

18. mowub

mowub Active Member

I'd like someone to help me add some details to my characters, liven them up, and make them look less bland and generic.

19. Mickialla

Mickialla Suave Incarnate

Start trying out different head shapes. Don't give them all the same oval shaped head. Give one character a wider head, one a longer one, give one guy no neck so he looks like a worm. Just play around and see what fits.

20. warnerbro7

also eyes, give some big eyes others little eyes,and give some different moth positins and sizes. vary the bodies to make a fat alein and a tall lanky one