1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Lucifer" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 2, 2017.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Lucifer "They're Back, Aren't They?"

I'm annoyed they are dragging things out with Chloe learning the secret, and I think the ship drama is a bit ridiculous at this point.

I love that Tom Welling's name appeared in the credits as he stepped down the stairs. That made his appearance a surprise. What do I think of Pierce?

I think he's a jerk. I believe that Dan had his cold shoulder coming, but his behavior towards Lucifer and Chloe upon meeting them was outright grotesque. And he brags about the size of his Johnson to strangers? What a creep! Just the fact that Ella likes him makes me think a LOT less of Ella.

Speaking of which, is this the most annoying she has ever been in any episode ever? Because I never remembered the character being this obnoxious in season 2.

Dan is right back to being a jerk to Lucifer. Between him and Chloe, Lucifer continues to be blamed for things that are not his fault.

I am super disappointed the desert wasn't Heaven or Hell, and was actually a place on Earth. In California even! The wings growing back plot is interesting, and the loss of the Devil face hints to me that Lucifer is no longer currently the Devil. It's not like the wings will make him unable to offer proof of his story to Chloe anyways though.

Love that Amendiel isn't mad at Lucifer for cutting off the wings, but more mad at himself by realizing Lucifer would not confide something this huge with him because Amendiel's feelings about this precise topic were so delicate. Were I Amendiel, I would have been mad anyways, but I like that he recognizes that he should actually be there for Lucifer in times like these.

No Maze this week, which strikes me as a mistake after what happened with her in the finale. Linda seems to be doing better though, and still seems to see nothing wrong with prostitution. At least she's the John this time.

I predict the Sinnerman is Pierce. Just because this is not the kind of show willing to build up a bunch of plausible red herrings. Tom Welling IS the stunt casting of the season, and the newest cast member. That means the show is going to make him the Big Bad. I wish the show didn't always telegraph stuff like that this far ahead of time, but it probably would have been a better idea to wait to seed the concept of the Sinnerman until we actually had a few plausible suspects.

Not loving the new season so far, but it's hardly a wash. I'm still on-board. ***.

3. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

New Lucifer right now!

[​IMG]
    "The One With the Baby Carrot"
    Monday, October 9, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on FOX
    Lucifer and Chloe try to deal with their uneasy relationship; the true danger Sinnerman poses is revealed by Detective Pierce's past.

4. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Lucifer “The One With The Baby Carrot”

Worst episode title ever.

I could not follow that case of the week at ALL. I could not follow who killed who, who stole whose jokes, and why. Too many variables, and the resolution did not answer them for me at all. I’m not saying I like my TV stupider. But clearer is always nice.

I’m starting to ship Linda and Amenadiel. If Maze was a non-factor, I’d be Team Lamenadiel all the way. Lucifer being Amenadiel’s test makes sense. He’s pretty much every faithful person’s test. It’s good the show was obvious with that at least.

This is the second week in a row I found Ella completely obnoxious. She is literally the worst judge of character on the entire series. The fact that she is portrayed as a woman of faith bugs the crap out of me. It might not if the premise was entirely different. But a faithful person on this show is automatically correct and insightful. And that should not be a turd like Ella. Ever.

I didn’t care for this week either. **1/2.

5. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

6. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I agree and disagree at the same time. While it is true the shipping stuff is the worst part of the show, the reason it is so bad is BECAUSE it's progressing at ALL. I don't need to see the Prince of Darkness making doe eyes at a failed B-actress. It's beneath the concept.

Instead of hooking them up and getting it over with, my solution would be just to drop the romantic aspect entirely. It's not the fact that they are dragging their feet which is ruining the show. It's the fact that the show will be ruined if they DON'T drag their feet (see Cheers and Moonlighting). Cheers actually rebounded once they stopped making Sam Malone live and die by the ship. The show should do that with Lucifer too.

The reason the Chloe and Lucifer ship is so ill-advised in my mind is because they are both totally wrong for each other. But that was David and Maddie and Sam and Diane's entire problem too.

7. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Lucifer "Mr. And Mrs. Mazikeen Smith"

Everyone says that the conman isn't actually a hunk, and is entirely charming on his own. I love that they cast a guy where that was actually true.

Leslie Ann-Brandt seems to have badass new scar on her eyebrow. It's totally hot.

Trixie is excited there is blood on her alien doll. Trixie is messed up.

Are you supposed to be massaging my boob? Do you want me to stop? Well... Why do I have a feeling that scene would be better on Premium Cable?

Love Norm the friendly Canadian hotelier. I kind of think what Maze did to him was less funny, and more of a legit violation. It's not like he didn't object more than once. A guy did that to a woman, we'd consider it sexual assault. Maze's hands were simply not welcome here.

Casting notes: Tom Welling was not credited, but Tricia Helfer was credited as a series regular, even though she did not appear. I don't know what's up with that.

I liked more than I didn't. ***1/2.

#7 Fone Bone, Oct 17, 2017 at 12:02 AM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017 at 2:10 AM