1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Love is Love (2016 One-Shot)" Special Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by James Harvey, Dec 28, 2016.

?

Rate and discuss "Love is Love"

1. *****

100.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Co-published with DC Comics, IDW presents this special one-shot anthology celebrating love.

LOVE IS LOVE

[​IMG]

Featuring the work of:
    Brandon Peterson, Damon Lindelof, Elsa Charretier, Jesus Saiz, Leinil Yu, Matt Wagner, Mike Carey, Phil Jimenez, Olivier Coipel, Patton Oswalt, Paul Jenkins, Phil Jimenez, Steve Sadowski and more.

The comic industry comes together in honor of those killed in Orlando. Co-published by two of the premiere publishers in comics—DC and IDW, this oversize comic contains moving and heartfelt material from some of the greatest talent in comics, mourning the victims, supporting the survivors, celebrating the LGBTQ community, and examining love in today’s world. All material has been kindly donated by the writers, artists, and editors with all proceeds going to victims, survivors, and their families. Be a part of an historic comics event! It doesn’t matter who you love. All that matters is you love.

Discuss this special comic title!

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

This is a really powerful read. It's raw, it feels real and it required me to catch my breath a couple times as it just hits so hard. Maybe it'll open the eyes of some who read it of what is really going on in the world around them. It provides an outlet for some and an avenue for understanding for others. I think the last comic that really hit me this hard was the 9/11 tribute comics. You can feel the rage and sadness and you can feel the creators here wanting to do something about it. It's great how all proceeds from this comic will go to support the victims and their family of the awful Orlando shooting.