1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looney tunes/WWE Crossover

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by brickrrb2, Nov 18, 2014.

1. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Since the Flintstones will step into the ring And Scooby's about to do Round to with the WWE Champs Why can't the Looney Tunes?

Also I'm deeply sorry if this was already discussed

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Because one Space Jam is enough?

Personally, I'd prefer a Looney Tunes DTV that consisted of fresh new material of the characters just being themselves and doing what they do best without any unnecessary tacked-on faddish gimmicks, but that's just me.

If we really must have the Looney Tunes cross over with something else, perhaps something along the lines of that proposed Mixed Nutz series might be a better fit, I think.

#2 Silverstar, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  3. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

So, if The Flinstones and Scooby Doo jumped in front of a moving train, does that mean that the Looney Tunes should do it too? :D

My personal feeling is that no Looney Tunes feature film is ever going to be successful for the simple reason that LT characters were never meant to star in feature films. Like Tom & Jerry, the LT characters simply don't have deep enough personalities to sustain an audiences' attention for over an hour, at least not in a feature length plot. Those characters were designed for shorts, and shorts is where they thrive. Just make all new Looney Tunes shorts to run in theaters and/or on TV, I say.

As for the idea of a Looney Tunes/WWE crossover, it could be because I don't follow wrestling, but that idea doesn't excite me at all. The Looney Tunes characters are strong enough that they shouldn't need to rely on cheap attention grabbing gimmicks (such as crossovers with Flavor of the Month celebrities) just to be involved in another project, especially when the sole motivation for suggesting it is because Scooby Doo and The Flintstones already did it. Yeah, they did, but when was the last time you heard anyone talk about those?

Something like that may sound like a cool thing to do right now, but it runs the risk of looking horribly dated after 5-10 years. This is/was the same problem with Space Jam. It would be like having the Looney Tunes characters meet the Khardashians. Sure, that may seem hot now, but a couple of years down the line when the Khardashians are no longer relevant, no one's going to care.

#3 Goldstar Neo, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I did see a headline saying that there would be a sequel to the Scooby-Doo Wrestlemania Mystery in 2016, after WWE-Flintstones. I'd rather see the Looney Tunes meet some classic H-B characters such as Atom Ant & Secret Squirrel myself.

5. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~
    Staff Member Moderator

[altered thread title to not make it sound like a TV special]

If it were to happen, I think it would have to be a satire of the WWE, and all animated(no live action).

6. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

Well, several Looney Tunes HAVE been hit by trains anyway...

But if anything, I'd still like to see Warner making new Looney Tunes made-for-video movies. Maybe even make them be like a series of shorts with a theme, like Disney's 1940s "package" films.

7. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I'd definitely like to see some Looney Tunes DTVs, I just think the whole WWE crossover idea sounds too gimmicky and would just look dated after a couple of years. Stuff like that reminds me of that old issue of the Fantastic Four comics where the Thing and Human Torch met the Beatles or that comics digest where Superman fought Muhammed Ali or the Spider-Man comic when Spidey meets the cast of the original Saturday Night Live. Those things seemed cool back when those entities were the in-hot things on everybody's lips, but now...not so much.

8. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

WBA characters shouldn't be solely known for crossing over with WWE. Especially not characters who have been dormant for years. Let's not turn this into another Phineas and Ferb, people.

9. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Superman vs. Muhammad Ali wasn't a digest comic, Silverstar. It was a "tabloid"-size 1-shot, like the Limited Collectors Edition reprint books DC did back then.

10. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Well, there IS a Looney Tunes DTV in the works. It's called Rabbit's Run (according to Linked In profiles) coming next year.

11. Margaret

Margaret New Member

Well, add stuff to my Peanuts and the Chocolate Factory fourm!