1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looney Tunes: Title Goofs, Altered endings, Dubbed Versions, etc. discussion

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Dreth, Jun 18, 2015.

1. NewBogus :)

NewBogus :) Plastic Duck Saves the World

At this moment I found only in Polish from Puls 2 (from pre-1948 package): Circus Today, Catch as Cats Can, Count Me Out, Ceiling Hero, Bars and Stripes Forever (the same print like on DVD special feature), Aviation Vacation (Censored), At your service madame, Busy Bakers (The same print like on DVDs), The Cagey Canary, Ding Dog Daddy, Beauty and the Beast, Billboard Frolics, Aloha Hooey, Believe it or Else, The Unruly Hare, Quentin Quail, Elmer's Pet Rabbit, From Hand to Mouse, Doggone Cats, The Crackpot Quail, Ain't that Ducky, Streamlined Greta Green, A Star is Hatched (The same print like DVD feature), Stage Fright, Country Boy, The Sneezing Weasel, The Sheepish Wolf, The Rattled Rooster, Racketeer Rabbit, Plenty of Money and You (The same print like DVD feature), Pop Goes your Heart, Screwball Football, Of Thee I Sting, The Shell Shocked Egg, I wanna be a sailor (The same print like DVD feature), Hobo Gadget Band (with 1937-38 ending title card), Honeymoon Hotel, Let it Be Me, The Lady in Red, I wanna play house, Little Blabbermouse, Of Fox and Hounds, Little Orphan Airedale, Little Dutch Plate, I only have eyes for you (with 1937-1938 ending title card), The Good Egg, Hobo Bobo, Hiss and Make Up, A Hick, a Slick and a Chick, My Green Fedora, Meatless Flyday, Love and Curses (the same print like DVD feature), The Mouse Merized Cat, and etc.

Because nobody in Poland recorded LT, I miss: Dog Daze (the EU print is availible via torrents), A Feud there Was (with 1937-1938 ending title card), The Bird Came C.O.D, The fella with the fiddle (the EU print is availible via torrents), Egghead Rides Again, Fresh Fish (2x2 print is availible via torrents), Cross Country Detours, Fagin's Freshman, and etc...

My Little Buckeroo and Cinderella Meets Feela didn't air on TV Puls 2.

I forgot to tell, but TV Puls 2 also airs "Tortoise Beats Hare" and "Rabbit Transit" with Turner prints, not like Boomerang CEE which aired those shorts remastered and restored.

2. Dreth

Dreth Member

Also, the torrents have an European print of "Holiday Highlights" (DVD print). The USA 1995 print of Holiday Highlights is available somewhere online.

3. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I just found a 2x2 print of "Circus Today" (available via torrents.)

4. Dreth

Dreth Member

Which one, the Merrie Melodies & Looney Tunes HQ, or the MM + LT (Which is the Russian torrent).

5. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

The MM + LT (Russian torrent). I just removed all of the other audio tracks for the cartoon and added only the English one.

6. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

Just a couple of Cartoons they're 1995 Turner Dubbed and in English, too, that I had uploaded on Dailymotion. I also think they're from DVD's as well as the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies HQ Project, too, if I'm not mistaken.

7. Dreth

Dreth Member

Mmm, Also, Have you found any post-48 dubbed cartoons aka the THIS VERSION 1997 - 98 prints?

8. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

Only one. You probably already have it and that's "Muzzle Tough" featuring Sylvester and Tweety. That has a THIS VERSION 1998 on it and I have that.

9. Dreth

Dreth Member

I think compared to the 1995 dubbed version prints, the THIS VERSION 1997-98 prints look superior. Don't they?

10. Dreth

Dreth Member

I think "From Hare to Eternity" has the THIS VERSION treatment as well.

11. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I believe so. I remember seeing a "THIS VERSION 1997 or 98 PRINT" OF "Wideo Wabbit" from CN and it was edited, of course.

12. Dreth

Dreth Member

Mmhmm, Are "The Early Worm gets the Bird", "The Major Lied Till' Dawn", and the Inki Cartoons dubbed? (For the European versions, I know the USA won't probably air dubbed versions of them.)

13. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I haven't seen any other than the VHS and Laserdisc versions of those cartoons, but I'm sure NewBogus probably has seen dubbed versions of those cartoons.

14. NewBogus :)

@DVDLooney - So you are CartoonNostalgia from Dailymotion? Lol. You also uploaded the European prints (from Boomerang CEE) of Roughly Squeaking, Jack Wabbit and the Beanstalk, and etc...

The Early Worm gets the Bird and The Major Lied Till' Dawn were aired in 90's on Canal+ Poland, but I can't remember, about their censorship.

Inki Cartoons hadn't been dubbed into Polish, also Censored 11 hadn't been dubbed.

#74 NewBogus :), Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  15. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

Yep. lol. I'm CartoonNostalgia :)

16. NewBogus :)

Ps. All of the shorts were originally uploaded by Russians, who added them into Russian torrents.

I'll upload other shorts, also from post-1948 which WB didn't release them into DVD's. These shorts will be with Canal+ Poland logo.

17. Dreth

Dreth Member

Is Thugs With Dirty Mugs available as a dubbed version, because in both the "MM+LT" and the "Merrie Melodies and Looney Tunes HQ Project", the only version I was able to find was the Restored Version of Thugs with Dirty Mugs. (Thugs does have the usual russian voiceovers for Thugs with Dirty Mugs, but no 2x2 dubbing)

18. NewBogus :)

19. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

A local Chilean network aired a few years ago "Little Lion Hunter" and "Inki at the Circus" and they both had the "Dubbed Version" notice, so I can confirm that at least those two exist.

20. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

This is the 1995 Turner Dubbed Print of Cross Country Detours that I have uploaded. IIRC, I think it's part of a DVD and probably either the USA or EU print.