Looney Tunes: Title Goofs, Altered endings, Dubbed Versions, etc. discussion

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Dreth, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Active Member

Sorry if I double post, but I finally solved the mystery of the "time compressed" prints airing on CN in NTSC countries.

Pretty much WB back then released in Latin America a VHS series where they put the PAL masters converted to 480i. I found these online, if anyone wantst them contact me privately.

This confirms my theory the Video Show prints (volume 7 and onwards) do not exist at all in 480i. In fact they were shot directly in 576i and only the ones which were converted in these VHS releases (like Henhouse Henery) ended up showing on TV in America.

And also, Drip Along Daffy in one of those tapes DOES miss the "it is an one horse town" line, probably because in the old Spanish dub they cut that part.

2. Manuel Lobato Pozo

Wake Up the Gypsy Me is a censored cartoon in redrawn.

3. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

So is that why Henhouse Henery only has a PAL print?

4. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Active Member

@Kevin Mo There may be another print of Henhouse Henery around with green borders, but it's pretty rare to see.

Apparently all those re converted prints were originally pre muxes with Spanish audio.

5. A-Cecil

A-Cecil Banned

So pretty much these PAL masters airing on American CN/Boomerang feeds actually come from Latin American VHS releases? Interesting.

About the Drip-Along Daffy edit, this could also explain why the Golden Jubilee print of "Ballot Box Bunny" airing on these American CN/Boomerang feeds misses out the cartoon's ending gag where Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam play Russian Roulette (which results to Bugs missing the gunfire, only for Sam to get shot and rant "I hate that rabbit!" before it irises-out) since the old Spanish dub of the cartoon omits the cartoon's ending. Same goes to the part from the Golden Jubilee print of "Here Today, Gone Tamale" airing on these American CN/Boomerang feeds misses out the scene where the starving mouse Fernando attempting suicide with a gun for the very same reason (old Spanish dub of the cartoon leaves out this scene).

It should be noted that WB never censors their post-1948 shorts for the home video market, even for The Looney Tunes Video Show and the Golden Jubilee VHS releases. However, there are a few exceptions:

1. Bugs & Friends Japanese Laserdisc/Bugs & Marvin European VHS/Looney Tunes Presents Marvin The Martian: Space Tunes VHS/ Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Volume 1 Blu-Ray bonus feature: "Duck Dodgers & The Return Of The 24 1/2 Century" uses ABC USA's edited-for-TV short version in all these home video releases.

2. Wideo Wabbit European VHS: The VHS release's titular cartoon "Wideo Wabbit" is censored to remove all references of 'You Beat Your Wife' (in terms of audio and visual) in one scene. All other cartoons on the VHS tape are uncut.

Note that the Golden Jubilee VHS masters of "Drip-Along Daffy", "Ballot Box Bunny" and "Here Today, Gone Tamale" should at least exist uncut on their respective VHS releases - they even air in PAL countries uncut too. It should also be noted that while all TV stations worldwide have the edited version of The Looney Tunes Video Show print of "Gonzales Tamales" (edit: Sylvester's line "I'll get ya if I have to eat every one of these things (chilli peppers)!" is removed), as what @Cool_Cat pointed out is an uncut version of The Looney Tunes Video Show print of "Gonzales Tamales" does exist, only on the VHS release itself.

About these Latin American Looney Tunes VHS tapes....tell me more about it @Cool_Cat

6. Manuel Lobato Pozo

@Cool_Cat Did the looney tunes and merrie melodies are dubbed in spanish from cartoon network from spain tvrip files are from?

7. Future_Sam

Future_Sam New Member

Wait, there's another print of Henhouse Henery sitting around?!
    Edit: I saw the print on the Looney Tunes Wikia.

8. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Active Member

@A-Cecil Someone told me the Spanish VHS releases are the same as the Latin American ones but with more content. I guess WB lazily converted those Spanish pre muxes into NTSC for TV broadcast. The ending of Ballot Box Bunny though was there in the VHS.

@Manuel Lobato Pozo Yes they are dubbed in Spanish.

@Future_Sam There should be...

9. Manuel Lobato Pozo

@Cool_Cat I yet to found the 1995 eu dubbed print redrawn version of It´s Got Me Again the merrie melodies short from 1932.

10. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Active Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. LooneyTuney18

LooneyTuney18 Member

I got my Porky Pig 101 copy today, I think it is correct in general.

• Like Like x 1
  12. luki

luki Member

I Gotta Get My Copy in Two Weeks

• Like Like x 1
  13. luki

luki Member

Solo Cartoons In His Vimeo Account Upluaded The US Dubbed Version of Malibu Beach Party

14. NewBogus :)

NewBogus :) Plastic Duck Saves the World

The EU print also exists (according to @Cool_Cat), but due to forget to download it, I cannot tell how it looks, but speaking of 1995 EU prints - Boulevardier from the Bronx has no borders at the opening titles.

15. Manuel Lobato Pozo

The 1995 redrawn dubbed version of Moonlight for Two from Merrie Melodies from 1932.

16. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

Yeah, what do you want to do with it?

17. Manuel Lobato Pozo

On television.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Active Member

19. Manuel Lobato Pozo

@Cool_Cat OK,Sorry. I don´t told you stop.

20. Future_Sam

Future_Sam New Member

Is "The Fire Alarm" included in HQ (480p)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.