1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looney Tunes: Title Goofs, Altered endings, Dubbed Versions, etc. discussion

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Dreth, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Active Member

@Manuel Lobato Pozo Fine, next time I'll try to do a screen cap at Rai's archives if they let me to. Now stop asking pls...

2. Manuel Lobato Pozo

@Cool_Cat Okay, sorry, I did not want to bother.

3. Nodog

Nodog Particle Man

I was feeling rather generous today

Also, here's a screenshot of the computer-colorized Porky's Phoney Express I found on an old website:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    #2563 Nodog, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  4. NewBogus :)

NewBogus :) Plastic Duck Saves the World

The 1995 dubbed version of Sport Chumpions (in Russian from 2x2) has mixed m/e track with RU dub at the opening titles, edited opening music theme over the title card of "Sport Chumpions" (the same music was used on the "Weakly Reporter" 1995 dubbing version after the opening credits, when the narrator introduces working ladies).

5. luki

luki Member

Thank You!

6. LooneyTuney18

LooneyTuney18 Member

This is the aviation music from Boyhood Daze.

7. StickerBoy

StickerBoy Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Screencaps of three computer-colorized shorts (Scalp Trouble, Scrap Happy Daffy, and the Daffy Duckaroo) from the featurette, "Daffy Duck: Ridicule is the Burden of Genius."

• Like Like x 4
  8. A-Cecil

A-Cecil Member

Where did you find that 2x2 TVrip of the 1995 dubbed version of "Sport Chumpions" NewBogus? You know, I have been searching for this cartoon's Turner print for months.

9. NewBogus :)

NewBogus :) Plastic Duck Saves the World

I find only the 2x2 audio plastered over the laserdisc print of this short (you know where)... At least the original ending music cue was also retained.

10. Manuel Lobato Pozo

Hey,guys! I recreated the video of the opening titles of the 1992 redrawn colorized version of Lady,Play Your Mandolin! the first Merrie Melodies cartoon short from 1931.:

11. Nodog

Nodog Particle Man

Here is a better quality version of the computer-colorized The Impatient Patient from an old MPG I found:

• Like Like x 1
  12. luki

luki Member

Pretty Faded, No?

Is a A Shot From Happy Birthday Bugs! 50 Looney Years

13. LooneyTuney18

LooneyTuney18 Member

It can be found in a better quality as a special feature on the first disc of Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 4:
    vlcsnap-2017-09-16-16h20m50s877.png

14. luki

luki Member

Thanks, Anyway I Found it on The Merrie Melodies+Looney Tunes HQ Torrent

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Mini Comodmeon

I made a 60fps ending:

16. A-Cecil

A-Cecil Member

It IS faded, the green color has been changed to red. Is that WB opening from Hare-Um Scare-Um?

17. LooneyTuney18

LooneyTuney18 Member

The production code (8923) is Hare-Um Scare-Um's. I didn't even pay attention to that at first lol

18. A-Cecil

A-Cecil Member

Can't to think about it, since it comes from a special focusing entirely on Bugs Bunny, the logo has got to be from Hare-Um Scare Um since its a cartoon featuring a prototype Bugs Bunny, and its such the only proto-Bugs color cartoon of 1939 not to be reissued. It would be very unlikely if they were to take some footage from other cartoons because it'd be irrelevant to Bugs Bunny and the special's title Happy Birthday Bugs! 50 Looney Years.

Even though Bugs Bunny never officially debuted until 1940's A Wild Hare, the reason why Hare-Um Scare-Um was included in the special was because all 4 proto-Bugs shorts (Porky's Hare Hunt, Prest-O Change-O, Hare-Um Scare-Um, Elmer's Candid Camera) have been recognized to be "related" to Bugs Bunny, with some historians even identifying these four cartoons as Bugs' earliest cartoons before he reaches his immense fame beginning with A Wild Hare.

And of all proto-Bugs shorts why Hare-Um Scare-Um is unique to be included in the special is that while its the prototype's 3rd cartoon, it is the first cartoon where the proto-Bugs has its distinctive grey fur color and has a slightly more recognisible character design if compared to its previous appearances in Porky's Hare Hunt and Prest-O Change-O where proto-Bugs looked much more indistinctive as a generic, realistic-looking white rabbit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. luki

luki Member

Yes

20. Manuel Lobato Pozo

Can i search the Latin-American dubbed version of The Organ Grinder from 1933?