1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Coming to Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by SpongeJosh, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I have an early copy of the set and am working my way through it. A review is coming to TZ, but until then, if you've got any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

2. DuckTwacy

DuckTwacy French phone.

Okay. I know you probably haven't gotten to this one yet, as it's on the last disc of the set, but is Marvin the Martian in the Third Dimension any good? I've been waiting to seen that darn thing for years.

3. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

I've actually been skipping around so I've already watched that one. It's interesting; the characters are animated in CG, but they look like 2D. There are numerous instances designed to shove items in your face (it's made to be watched with 3D glasses), a la the Timon & Pumbaa special feature on the Lion King Blu-ray set. It's not just a tech demo, though; it has a plot, albeit a thin one: Marvin vs. Duck Dodgers as usual. It's about 13 minutes long. I laughed a few times, though I didn't like it as much as the original 1953 short or "Attack of the Drones".

Downside? It's non-anamorphic.

4. Elrohir

Elrohir Member

I just thought of a way Warner could release LT in somewhat of a chronology and still bank off their popular characters. If the BD sets are in 4 disks, they can have one disk be the 30s cartoon in chronological order, the second be the 40s, third 50s, and 4th 60s and beyond and then continue the releases until they're all out.

5. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Oh, wait, I misread earlier. That's actually a good idea.

6. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

I just got my deluxe edition (#4120 out of 360,000) and I'm pretty happy to have it so far. I'm not a real LT aficionado, but I liked the CN airings and thought, if I'm gonna start buying these, it might as well be in HD.

That said, I'm going through in disk order, and the first two, to me, don't seem to benefit much from HD, which is probably an age issue. The third cartoon with pirate Sam and Bugs looks really nice, though. If there's anything specific anyone wants me to check, I can give it a shot, too.

7. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.