Looking for this old cartoon

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Victor Guajardo, Jun 17, 2013.

1. There was a cartoon I don't know if it was a movie or just short cartoons or what, but it had a yellow cat in it I THINK with a British accent. Whenever he would hunt mice or something his whisker would turn into a target reticle and this "lock on" sound would come up, and when he would pounce or whatever I think his tail would take on the shape of lightning or his whole body I would. Can't remember which. I thought I would easily find pictures of this cat on the web or something, but I can not find him ANYWHERE. I don't even think it's THAT obscure of a cartoon. The animation was almost Chuck Jones like. I seriously only saw this cartoon maybe 12 years ago. I believe it was from the 70's or 80's when it was new. The only scene I remember was in a train car and that's about it. I want to say his name MAY have been something like Tiger or Tom (Thom maybe). I know someone knows what I'm talking about here. I really can't believe I couldn't google this and find it quickly. Thought for sure when I put in "Cartoon cat whiskers reticle/target" it would pop right up, but it sure didn't. Thanks for any info you can give me. For anyone who might not know, a target reticle is what you see when you look through a sniper rifle scope. The circle with the cross or plus sign in it.

2. Ghostbuster Man

Ghostbuster Man "Batman's my Cousin"

Your Looking for the 1962 animated film from Warner Bros. By Chuck Jones, Gay Purr-ee

3. Dub C

Dub C Just a animation lovin' dude

Well, I guess I'll ask my question in this thread as well instead of just making a new topic.

There's one movie(?) I've been wondering about for the longest time. It featured anthropomorphic characters. I only watched it for like a few scenes many, many years ago, so I can't even give out a potential name or anything. All I remember is a female white cat, I think her name was Kit Kat. And I wanna say the main character was a bear named Ollie. I can remember a scene where the bear was at a party celebrating something, and the cat came in with a book trying to convince him of something, like a misunderstanding of some sort. I've looked thru search engines, wiki, and Youtube, but I can remember anything that resembles this.

4. HORNSM2C20D7Y8

HORNSM2C20D7Y8 THE LAST MAJOR

Look thru search engines/wiki/Youtube for this: "THE DRAGON THAT WASN'T (OR WAS HE?)"

I remember viewing this on Disney Channel in the era of "free previews". That's the only way people like me could view DC "once upon a time".

5. Dub C

Dub C Just a animation lovin' dude

Ah, yeah, that's it! Thank you sir/ma'am! :)

6. TenPoundHammer

TenPoundHammer Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune

Anyone think it'd be a good idea to sticky this and make it a permanent thread for any "what was that show again?"-type queries?

7. HORNSM2C20D7Y8

HORNSM2C20D7Y8 THE LAST MAJOR

It's "sir", and I was glad to help!

8. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

Can someone PLEASE change the name of the thread? To "What was that show again?..."

9. Cartoon_central

Cartoon_central Member

I've got one I believe it was part of either the abc weekend specials or CBS story break, it was about these two teenage boys playing this dungeons and dragons esq game, they get sucked inside and along their journey they encounter an evil wizard who turns one of them into a horse, I believe the one that got transformed wore glasses and he could still talk and he complained about not being able to eat tuna sandwiches anymore, the other boy develops a relationship with a princess and after their journey is over and the other boy is changed back they meet a new girl who looks just like the princess.

10. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

That'd be a CBS Storybreak episode by the name of "Max and Me and the Time Machine."

11. Cartoon_central

Cartoon_central Member

Thank you very much I've asking this for over 10 years on four different message boards and I never got a definite answer, I'll see if I can find it.

Here's another I've never received an answer to, it aired on the Disney channel between the years of 1992-1995 when I was very young, here's what I remember it was an animated film about these anthropomorphic animals in midieval times, the main character was a fox and he had a ditsy girlfriend and his enemy was a wolf who had these buffoonish weasels for minions, at one point I recall the villain hypnotized his girlfriend with a watch to lure her over to him and his minions stuffed her into a sack and I think she was laughing as they carried her off, and another scene I remember one of the hero's friends a bear I think fell asleep by a pond after he drank from it, it was enchanted water that turned his head into a donkey's and he had to search for a cure.

12. Thank you! That was it.

13. I always liked the one with the kid that was bullied and found that ring. It would turn him into a monster and scare off his bullies. He would have to quote a chant to turn into the creature too. "Squint thy right eye..." Or something like that.

14. Matrix

Matrix New Member

There was a show i used to watch at a freinds house back in 01 or 02 , it featured a red headed girl who solved mysteries with he labtop, the only specific episode i remember is when shes communicating through aim to a girl in a comma. and guides her back to consciousness. i believe it aired on disney.

15. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin' Moderator

This was a cartoon?

16. MDawg

No. It took me until you said that to realize what it was though. The show was called So Weird and it was on the Disney Channel. This was the plot of one of the episodes I do believe.

Edit: the episode you're describing could either be episode 5, "Lost" or episode 12 "Escape."

17. TenPoundHammer

What cartoons from about 1998-99 would've had cavemen in them? I remember seeing something at a friend's house once that had a couple cavemen, and one of them was burping.

18. MDawg

The show possibly could have been Eek! And the Terrible Thunderlizards.

19. TenPoundHammer

^ Would it still have been airing anywhere in 1998-99?

20. MDawg

Where in the world are you?