1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for old cartoon, possibly an Emperor/nightingale story

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Myra Koob, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Myra Koob

Myra Koob New Member

This cartoon has haunted me since I last saw it at around age 5 (I'm 56). It may be a version or variation of the Emperor and the Nightingale. A king loved a little bird, who flew away, and then returned. At the end of the cartoon, the king removes a ring from his finger - which is a miniature crown - and puts it on the little bird's head.

I'm guessing it was from the 1940s or 1930s.

I believe this cartoon was in color, possibly an early Merrie Melody or the like. Nothing obscure, definitely produced by one of the big cartoon makers. I grew up in Brooklyn and there were numerous programs of "old" cartoons broadcast daily in the 1960s.

2. Steve Burstein

Sounds like an early mid-30s MGM that was in MGM's syndicated package. I used to watch those in the late 60s. It was probably called "The Emperor's Nightingale".

3. Stigzee

Stigzee New Member

I have it on cine 8mm. And is called

#3 Stigzee, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017