1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Lone Gunmen: definately best for last!

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Calhoun07, May 11, 2001.

1. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I know there are several Lone Gunmen fans who frequent this board. I just got done watching the season finale. I have truly enjoyed each episode of this series so far. X Files had some truly dumb and lame episodes, but for the most part, Lone Gunmen has been far more enjoyable and entertaining than a full season of the X Files.

And that was quite a season cliff hanger! I don't want to give away too much for those who haven't seen it yet, but the cross over with the X Files was handled fairly well.

Here's to hoping that Fox renews this series, and here's to hoping that they release these episodes on DVD as they have the X Files.

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Lone Gunmen's Future

I hear FOX will renew, and keep it on Fridays, paired up with DARK ANGEL next fall. The show has been "on the bubble" (ie: near cancellation -- barely profitable) and DARK ANGEL is in the same situation. Why Friday is beyond me. These are more Tuesday shows. FOX will unveil their schedule next week. LONE GUNMEN and expected to return with DARK ANGEL. SO all you GUNMEN fans...take a (hopeful) sigh of relief.

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Master of the Force

Awesome!!

Hey, that's great news! I totally thought the show was gonna get cancelled, 'cause ratings are usually pretty low on Friday nights (when most people have lives, and therefore can't watch TV).

It's definitely one of the best shows in recent years. I normally watch a lot of TV, and Lone Gunmen is one of the best shows out there. Here's hoping for a 2nd season!

4. James Harvey

The reason!

Fox has taken into account that the majority of the tv audience is not home Friday, and take that into account on their ratings. Fox will announce their schedule this upcoming week.

5. Crazy8s

Crazy8s Guest

Cliffhangers--argghh!

I hate cliffhangers--especially when the show's life is in question!
    I sure hope you guys are right about the return of TLG, cos it is currently about the only live action show I truly look forward to each week! I've been watching Buffy and Angel out of curiosity, but I'm not addicted to either--I can't miss the Gunmen!

So they might team it with Dark Angel next season, eh? Could that explain the mention of DA's star within this episode? I'm not all that enamored with DA--and the upcoming episode with the character in 'heat' (Gad, oh please!!) turns me right off. Women, even genetically enhanced ones, are not dogs (or Vulcans) who go into heat! :mad: Talk about an offensive and obvious ploy to draw in horny young male viewers in need of idiotic fantasy!! :rolleyes:

Back to Lone Gunmen after necessary rant--I've really enjoyed the development of the characters, tho I'd like to see more of the original characters in other than slapstick roles and less of Jimmy, who appears to be taking over the show. He's okay, but I much prefer the trio of Frohicke, Langly and Byers.

6. James Harvey

The Gunmen

It's interesting to go back to early X-Files episodes where these characters guest-starred and just compare. Pretty funy, actually. We should know this week whether or not The Gunmen will live. It's pulling in fairly good number, especially in the Friday slot. I think their audience is around 8 million, which ain't too bad, mind you. I hope it returns. It'd suck to see another Chris Carter show shot down.