1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lola Bunny's future?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanmanna

Lanmanna Member

So you basically want a female Bugs? Alrighty then...

2. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

And then people will start to wonder where Buster and the rest of the Tiny Toons are!:eek:

3. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

And they actually enjoy what she is NOW?

4. Captain Chaos!

Absolutely. I do, and so have others who have posted earlier in this very thread. Yes, there are indeed some fans who dislike TLTS's depiction of Lola, but I've yet to see any evidence that the overwhelming majority feels this way. I've read just as many positive responses toward Lola's depiction on TLTS as negative ones, but I've seen nothing that would suggest that everyone shares your view.

#104 Captain Chaos!, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
  5. Toonster

Toonster Member

imo just 'cause someone is quirky doesn't make it a good charcter. Sure normal Bugs is boring, but quirky Lola is worse.

6. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

And this is hard for you to believe because...

7. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

No offense, but what was so great about the old Lola? Was it how she had no personality other than "I'm good at stuff and I don't like to be called 'doll', how she was basically a token female or how she didn't do or say anything remotely funny?

Normal Bugs and Space Jam Lola would be the most boring couple on TV.

Personally, I'd like to see both Bugs and Lola be funny. Hopefully we'll get a funnier, more wiseguy incarnation of Bugs when season 2 starts airing in October.

#107 Silverstar, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
  8. Toonster

Toonster Member

I grew up with the old Lola. I watched Space Jam as a kid.

Old Lola pwns New Un Funny Lola.

Maybe quirky Lola would be good if she was funny imo.

9. Mr.Fable

Mr.Fable Person

What's wrong with a female Bugs?

10. SceneQueen

SceneQueen Member

I like Lola Bunny just the way she is, she's awesome like that.. also looks cool. I like her voice.

11. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

Well, since we already have a male Bugs, it'd be kind of redundant.

12. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Babs Bunny says hi.

Just saying; they made two Bugses work once...

13. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 Active Member

I watched Space Jam and grew up with Old Lola as well (I was 2 when the movie first came out) and I can say that while not perfect, TLTS Lola has 50 million times the character that Space Jam Lola had.

14. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

There was absolutely nothing funny about Space Jam Lola whatsoever so I don't get why you act like your view on TLTS Lola is some giant step down.

15. TuxedoMoroboshi

Buster and Babs may have both been expies of Bugs Bunny, but they each inherited different traits of the character, making Buster and Babs very different from each other, which gave them a dynamic.

One side-effect of that, at least for me, is that I found Babs to be a much better character than Buster.

But, anyway, since Bugs himself is both parts Buster and Babs, then it would be redundant to have Lola essentially be Babs.

This.

16. ivellios1988

ivellios1988 Member

In my opinion, Lola Bunny, at least in version from The Looney Tunes Show, has no future, simply because she changes Bugs Bunny's personality. I find her even crazier than Bugs Bunny used to be in classic cartoons. Now, at least in TLTS episodes I've seen, with Lola Bunny Bugs Bunny looks like a tired man with past. Not to mention that when I talk with Looney Tunes fans most of them say they consider her just annoying and nothing else...

Of course, this 'newer and better' Lola Bunny is a hit but I think this hit will be rather short-living, so to say. If they decide to continue The Looney Tunes Show, at some point in time they will need to redesign her in some way again.

17. Hi. I'm new to this site, and I feel like posting my opinion here. Personally, I don't like either Space Jam Lola OR Looney Tunes Show Lola. Mostly because I don't like Space Jam OR Looney Tunes Show, because both are unfunny, uninspired, and the Looney Tunes aren't captured the way they should be. In a movie where the Looney Tunes, for some reason, live in the center of the Earth and have to rely on Michael Jordan to defeat aliens in a basketball game when all they need is an anvil to the head and dynamite shoved in their mouths, Lola Bunny pretty much has NO personality, no faults, nothing that makes her a "Looney Tune". And in the Looney Tunes Show, which is basically an unfunny roommate sitcom with the Looney Tunes plastered all over it, they trade one evil for another by giving her the worst personality possible: making her a stereotypical blonde girl who is also a creepy psychopathic stalker. This just proves that Warner Bros. can't make good characters anymore. It's sad, because they're starting to recapture what the Looney Tunes are about in 3D shorts shown alongside some movies.

18. ivellios1988

ivellios1988 Member

It seems to me that these young animators that came in 1990's and 2000's just don't understand the idea of what Looney Tunes is, or what it used to be. They try to put Looney Tunes characters in totally un-Looney things like full-length movies, sitcom, 3D shorts... and they created a new character - Lola Bunny, whom they seem not to have an idea of what to do with (personally I think that old Honey Bunny was billion times better female counterpart for Bugs Bunny, basically because she offered a total opposition to Bugs Bunny's crazy nature). In Space Jam - no personality at all, just a full character full of sex appeal that has ideal basketball talent, but that's all. Definitely not Looney. Her personality is more developed in comic stories, however, there are not many ones with her. And this crazy stalker version of her in The Looney Tunes Show... (which I consider a different character having the same name, simply because of differences with 'old' Lola)

By the way, has anybody heard about cartoon shorts with Lola Bunny that are supposed to have been made after the premiere of Space Jam? I heard from one deviantArt user there were some rumors or discussions on them. According to them, after Space Jam has been released they made some cartoon shorts with Lola Bunny, however, because 'they were just terrible' Warner Bros. decided not to release them.

19. looneyfan93

looneyfan93 Member

Man, I wish I could go to USA and get a job in there, so I could make an order around there. And maybe even fix them somehow by writing some good episodes. I think the show still can be saved. All it needs is some better writing.

Really?!? Now THIS I've gotta see!

20. Lemanic

Lemanic Member

Well, it seems like Disney/PIXAR soaked 'em all good animators up. Both Bird and Lasseter are huge Chuck Jones fans. "The Incredibles" is enough to prove that. And Ruegger now works with Disney, so that's the problem right there.

Well, there was a couple of DVD's called "Reality Check" and "Stranger than Fiction" back in 2003, but those might not be the ones you're looking for, right? It was flash-animated too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.