Lola Bunny's future?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Is there anything Warner Bros. is planning fo usage of Lola Bunny (first introduced in Space Jam) in upcoming works, including the upcoming Looney Tunes revival series planned for Cartoon Network?

2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Nah, she has no future. She's just Bugs Bunny's beard. Not that Bugs Bunny is gay, just that Warner Bros. seems to feel like they have to give him a girlfriend so people won't for some bizarre reason think he is. Look, the women's clothing was a disguise, people, he didn't wear it around the house. Even if he did that would only make him a transvestite. And, yeah, he kissed dudes some times, but only because it freaked them out so much.

3. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

Eh... I don't think that's the reason Lola was created. After all, we see him lust after girls in the original theatrical shorts, so it's not like his sexuality is in question here. Lola was more manufactured to be "PC" by having a girl amongst the classic toons.

4. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Then why are they a couple? No, Mickey has his Minnie, Donald has his Daisy, they decided they also needed to give Bugs Lola a romantic interest that is basically a clone of himself to make it crystal clear that he is heteronormative.

5. Gonzales

Gonzales New Member

These threads crack me up.

As for Lola, her future is the same as the rest of the Looney Tunes. Which is to be lost and forgotton.

6. Dr. Toonhattan

Dr. Toonhattan New Member

HA! Yeah right. In 500 years, Looney Tunes will be the new Shakespeare.

7. chalmers

chalmers Role Model

Not if they keep on going down the road they are currently going down right now, courtesy of WB.

8. TKnHappyNess

TKnHappyNess New Member

I thought they changed her into Lexi for Loonatics Unleashed.

9. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Don't you even remember Honey Bunny in the 1960's-1970's Gold Key/Whitman Looney Tunes and Bugs Bunny comic books?

10. launchpad20

launchpad20 New Member

Exactly. Even when i was a kid, i knew full well that he disguised himself in women's clothing to throw people off. Plus, he would also disguise himself in male clothing to throw people off, too.
    Kinda like creating a 'Babs Bunny' clone for Bugs to get acquainted with. Except that Lola wasn't nearly as fun as Babs. At least Porky had Petunia, and Daffy had a short lived fling with Melissa until he ended up with 'Honey Bunch'.
    Also, you've got Daisy Lou, and 'Mrs. Bugs Bunny' (who wore the pants of the family.;))

11. Zam

Zam Let me sleep internet!

Well, in the recent "Looney Tunes Ultimate Guide" she appears as an "official" Looney Femme.

[​IMG]

So no, she´s not 100% out. WB will still use her eventually. In fact I still see her on chirstmas/valentine cards, posters and some other merchandise (on a secondary level but still).

12. Deadman

Deadman New Member

i suppose that it is possible that she appears in the new looney toons series.

13. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

The less said about anything related to that, the better.

14. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Technically, Lexi wasn't Lola; she was the descendant of Lola. All of the Loonatics were the descendants of the original Looney Tunes.

As for Lola herself, my issue with her wasn't that she was introduced, but how she was introduced.

Lola was created mainly so there'd be a female face among the Looney Tunes gang. I didn't have a problem with that, it's the same reason Babs Bunny was created for Tiny Toons. But I wasn't crazy about the way she was executed; this female rabbit just shows up out of nowhere and demands a spot on the Tune Squad basketball team. She proves to be one of the best players on the team (aside from Michael Jordan of course), never screws up and causes everybody's jaws to drop to the floor, even Bugs'. Lola came off as an annoyingly perfect Mary Sue. Babs was at least flawed and funny. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, she just popped up from thin air and joins the Looney Tunes; the writers could have at least given her a fake history like they did for Yakko, Wakko & Dot and Slappy Squirrel.

Lola wasn't a bad idea in theory, but the execution was weak.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
  15. kaseykockroach

kaseykockroach New Member

A slow, painful death comes to mind. I'm rather apalled a lot of you actually consider her an actual LT character myself. :ack:

16. launchpad20

launchpad20 New Member

One similar trait of Lola is that she doesn't like to be called 'doll' much like how Babs doesn't like to be called 'Barbra Ann'.

17. Framwinkle

Framwinkle Crazy Squirrel

Lola the "Baseball pro"? Someone didn't check that too well when they put it together. It's interesting, though. They left out that witch, I think she was named Witch Hazel? She may not be considered a "Dame", however. ;)

18. Eleanor Hugbees

Eleanor Hugbees :D

I thought her comic book persona was much better than her movie persona. She actually seemed to have a purpose besides making Bugs drool and was actually goofy. I'm not sure if Looney Tunes characters are supposed to be flawed necessarily, otherwise Bugs himself could be classified as a gary stu character. I also wanted to point out Bugs has always chased after attractive women/girl bunnies, so Bugs going crazy over Lola actually wasn't a huge stretch.

While I don't consider her apart of the "official" LT gang, I don't have a problem with her. It really does depend on execution like you stated. I thought she was miles ahead of Bugs other "Golden Age" interests for at least not looking like a freaking doppelganger.

With that being said, I don't see anything being done with her besides merchandise. In between the Speedy Gonzales garbage and the Marvin the Martian CGI dreck, the future looks bleak for Looney Tunes.

19. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

Sadly I assume she won't be used and will be forgotten.
    The only shey'll be in and remembered for is Space Jam.
    I'm sad by this cuz I'd love to see her in more things.
    She's the only female LT character.

20. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Unless one counts Granny, Honey Bunny, Melissa Duck, Petunia Pig, Miss Prissy, Penelope the cat, etc....

But I'd have no problem with WB using Lola again, provided they revamp her character somewhat and make her crazier and less perfect. Tone down her Mary Sue tendencies, and she could become an enjoyable character.

Of course, Warner Bros. isn't doing anything really noteworthy with any of the Looney Tunes right now. :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.