1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lola Bunny in Comics

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Looney Tunian, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Looney Tunian

Looney Tunian Member

I always read that instead of The Looney Tunes Show's version of Lola Bunny, the writers should have used Lola's personality that she had in the comics. And I'm wondering, since I don't have the comics right in front of men, if anyone can best tell me what kind of personality Lola Bunny had in comics that differed from the Space Jam and TLTS versions?

2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I know that some of the comics focused on her being a very determined pizza delivery girl.

3. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

I have and it's better than the psycho

4. Rainbow Dash Fan

where can those comics be found? and why can't that version of the character be used?

#4 Rainbow Dash Fan, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  5. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

I even remember a 2011 DC Looney Tunes comic book story where the non Looney Tunes Show Lola Bunny took part in a roller derby!

6. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

I saw that. And they say old school lola has no character? HA!

7. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Who are "they"? The people in this thread who said that the original Lola had no character weren't talking about the comics.

There is no "old school" Lola. Lola was created for Space Jam in 1996, and Space Jam Lola had no character because Lola was originally going to be Honey Bunny from the Looney Tunes comic books, but WB decided instead to make a her an original character that was basically a blank slate. Therefore, if an "old school" Lola exists at all, then it's Honey Bunny.

#7 Goldstar Neo, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  8. goldenboy

goldenboy Banned

She doesn't seem to have too much personality. A bit better than her sex symbol and one dimensional status in Space Jam, but nothing too impressive. I like the fact that she was a bit like Babs in TLTS although a bit dumber.

9. Rainbow Dash Fan

there is a misunderstanding that I can only accept Lola if she was like Rainbow Dash. she can of archetype of a female character but just have her have depth. I just focus on the athletic portrayal because that's what came first. and once again, every comedy show I've seen that was made in my lifetime knew when to take inself seriously and give their characters depth, that includes animated comedies.

sorry if I'm repeating myself, I was trying hard to remember what I wanted to say.

and character development doesn't necessarily mean a total personality 180.

#9 Rainbow Dash Fan, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  10. Rainbow Dash Fan

and depending on how you look at feminism, sexy stuff can be okay. perhaps Lola is taking control of her sexiness and uses it to get ahead in life, thus, any male in real life or in-story are really the ones being exploited.