Lois vs Marge

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Frank, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Frank

Frank Active Member

Who do you think is a better character Marge Simpson or Lois Griffin? I don't know about Marge Simpson but I think her character has declined in recent years except for a couple of episode that recapture her old character. Lois, I don't know much about her, but she seems like a little bit like Marge especially the Scully-era Marge.

2. Mystic Shadow

Mystic Shadow Escapes Death once a day

A crappy b****y house wife vs a character that has a decent desighn and actually does things to contribute to the story. Lois hands down.

3. MajorTom

MajorTom DI-AH-PERS!!!

Oh God, Marge. Lois is one of those annoying crazy woman characters. Marge actully has a personality. Not to mention that Marge is featured in a good show, but that's besides the point.

-Major Tom

4. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

Marge. She seems more like the glue that holds the family together while Lois seems more like a doormat. Homer actually listens to Marge while Peter treats Lois like crap. I prefer stronger women. Not to mention Marge is actually a great person while Lois has "done" Kiss.

5. Spongebrain2.0

Spongebrain2.0 New Member

Lois, Hands Down.:D Why don't we make this a poll?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2004
  6. Frank

Frank Active Member

I don't know how.

7. Killtacular

Killtacular the race wars had begun

Marge is the vehicle for sanity, Lois is the vehicle for comedy. They're two completely different types of characters.

Lois is funnier than Marge.

Marge is more dimensional than Lois.

Of course if you were to compare FG to Simpsons 2's latest seasons, Lois would win both former and latter comparison.

8. Yash

Yash dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura

Beat me to it.

9. Dee

Dee What?

Meh, they're two different women on two different comedy shows. They each have their strong points and their weak points and neither show would be the same without them. I cannot choose between the two.

10. Jolly Bengali

Jolly Bengali New Member

Like all the Family Guy characters, Lois is a fairly bland, dull caricature, whose sole purpose is a vehicle for gags and to react to Peter's crazy antics. Marge has far more depth and humanity as a character; see A Streetcar Named Marge (Marge joins a musical), Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield (Marge's striving for acceptance in the country club), Brush With Greatness (the episode where she paints Bruns in the nude), and so many others. And even in the later seasons, despite that Marge is often too ditzy and used to deliver bad pop culture jokes, she certainly has her moments as the sane, uberprincipled housewife, far more interesting than Lois: watch The Way We Weren't, Diatribe of a Mad Housewife, or even Three Gays of the Condo.

11. Mystic Shadow

At the botttom of yor post (When creating a new thread) There are aditional optios. Select that you want a poll and how many options (2-12) Then submit new thread, and then it will allow you to choose options. If you ask a mod real nice, they can add a poll for you. If you want to practice making polls, you can on the Is This Thing On?? board.

12. Nin-Nin69

Nin-Nin69 [CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]

I guess Peggy Hill has no say in this battle with everything she has acomplished for her family and herself.

13. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

They seem the same to me. Peggy is a little different(a little more annoying), but there's a tendency for all TV moms to act almost exactly the same and contribute little to the shows they're written for.

EXCEPT, of course, for LORELAI GILMORE!
    I wish there were more Lorelais and less Lois/Marges...

14. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

Lois disgusts me. She's a really perverted character.

Marge used to be okay, but lately i've grown to dislike her.

I'm at a draw here.

15. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

If there was a competition for the most self-absorbed, annoying, egomaniacal, vain, clueless, horrible housewife Peggy would win hands down. She makes Lois look like June Cleaver.

16. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

Peggy Hill annoys me sometimes... she's so into herself, you know? :p

Back to the original mothers, I like Marge more, she just seems stronger to me.

17. Mystic Shadow

Well, Lois and Marge is part of the classic Simpsons vs Family Guy Thing, only branched out to the wives. So, Peggy Hill, would be slightly out of place.

18. Mew Guy

Mew Guy Pessimistic Pokémorph

For some reason I was really annoyed when Peggy Hill was denying that her Spanish is awful.

How did she get into teaching Spanish in the first place?

19. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

You gotta love her testimony in the Mexican court, though.

"I am very pregnant because of what happened with Lupe. She ate my bus accident and all I wanted was to make Lupe into a book. I have too many anuses ahead of me to spend my life in a cigar factory!!"

20. shogunthethird

shogunthethird Monk-daddy

Lois would win easily, she's like what a 10th degree blackbelt? but then Marge has had police training (and if it's the "'roid freak" version we could be looking at a bizarro version of Yusuke vs. younger Toguro) so really it's anybody's guess oh wait this is a character poll, in which case this would be like comparing All in the Family to Police Squad