1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Lobo" Live-Action Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Wonder Woman, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Did anyone really believe this would actually happen, anyway?

2. sdp

sdp miscrave

Not really counting all DC projects are dead but when I saw the thread bumped, hopes were raised...

3. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Good. I hated the idea of a PG-13 Lobo with blue skin. Does that sound right at all?

4. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

5. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

I was thinking about this just yesterday and for some reason I was thinking that the only person who'd be able to pull off playing the REAL, R rated Lobo would be Danny Trejo.

6. dmxx116

7. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

They're still considering this? I expect this to do about as well as th Catwoman film.

9. dmxx116

10. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I figured the wild success of Deadpool would jab a pin into WB's derierre and make them move on this project....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What's the next R-rated Superhero project that studios are going to dust off now that R-rated Superhero movies are now a thing :p?

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

WB probably got 50 pitches for The Authority this week alone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Oh god please no anything but this DC already has enough grittiness I don't care if it's satire I want something different darnit.

14. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

You may be in luck then Magmaster12 as "someone assigned to write a script" doesn't really mean anything production wise these days (someone was assigined to write a script for a Black Widow movie over 5 years ago... never heard anything else about that project) so this could be sat on for awhile. Especially because Lobo is not the Deadpool equilivent at DC. Remember Deadpool was made not only because of Ryan Reynolds super passion for the project, but that Deadpool in general is a very high comic seller with a lot of titles and impact on the medium. Lobo somewhat had that... in the 90's at the heyday of the character's popularity but that certainly isn't the case nowadays. He doesn't really have any titles going on right now or many major appearances in various storylines for the books and doesn't have the recognizability or supreme fan love now Wade Wilson would have. It's still there somewhat but... not nearly to the same degree of DP. I suppose a film could still happen but the reason something like Suicide Squad was picked up wasn't just due to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy but due to the Suicide Squad still being a successful comic line successful characters DC has attached to it. Seriously if there's a DP Equilivent at DC it's more Harley Quinn then Lobo honestly. So unless we actually get some more behind the scenes info about this, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about this for awhile. Especially as the main DC line up already extends to 2020 anyway.

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I could care less about Lobo, TBH, but if they do it, they have to use his pre-52 look. The new one is too Twilight for my liking.

• Agree Agree x 1