1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Littlest Pet Shop: A World of Our Own" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by SweetShop209, Apr 13, 2016.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

2. GuillermoGage

GuillermoGage New Member

Well, hopefully it will be as entertaining as the current Littlest Pet Shop is without the annoying boring B plots with forgettable stuff happening at the shop with guest pets, that they often have to tack onto episodes to fill up episode time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I almost wish they'd give Blythe her own show. The human characters I find more entertaining than the pets. Plus I enjoy the overall designs of the human characters. It's cute!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I'd be okay with this - if we waited 5 to 10 years to do it. Seriously, save for a few of us who do like this show, it ain't very popular or noteworthy. Like, at all. It doesn't help that the current show seems to be bashed and/or brutally ignored, save for places like certain social media sites. If they want to reboot this, they need to put some serious time and thought into this. Or I don't think it will end well.

My honest take on all of this (if we must do any of this at all, knowing that I don't think anyone is asking for or wishing for a continuation of anything TV-related to Littlest Pet Shop, save for a very small number of people, like ourselves...), this is what I have in mind... Blythe could use her own show - The pets are alright, but Blythe is just a much more interesting character that does not get enough love or respect anywhere. At all. Unlike most of the internet who like s to trash this character for being a Mary Sue, WHICH SHE ISN'T! The only thing we need to do is give her real antagonists to deal with - by that, I mean those who stand in the way of what she wants to do with her career. For starters, NO BISKIT IDIOTS as antagonists - we don't need no negative female stereotyped idiots being what Blythe has to overcome. AT ALL.

Just get rid of those Biskit Idiots, develop Blythe and her friends (especially) better than they are, make her dad much less of an butt monkey (and an actual voice of reason THAT A GOOD PARENTAL FIGURE ACTUALLY IS!) and BAM - you could have an actually memorable and much more enjoyable show about a girl following her ambitions - something I love seeing more in cartoons not just aimed at girls. but everyone.

And... While that's happening... Give the pets their own show, a-la Muppet Babies, just with less referential humor.

What I'm suggesting here? You could have 2 potentially good shows - preferably with episodes that are 11 minutes in length, reserving 22 minute events for special efforts.

These are some of the things I can think of toward making good future material out of something like Littlest Pet Shop...

#4 I.R. Shokew, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  5. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything about a new show. And 2017? I doubt there will be a new LPS show in 2017. Most new cartoons are announced at least a couple of years in advance. The reason LPS cartoon is ending is because the toys weren't selling to Hasbro expectations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

[​IMG]

First Look to the series of 2018 we will get shorts first and later the series from the Hasbro Webcast
    • our last rebrand in 2014 got a mixed reception in global market and we learned alot of consumers around of the world and we continue with brand remarketing with animated short form coming this fall and all new broadcast series for 2018

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. I.R. Shokew

My only concern is if this show will be better (and last long enough to be worth a damn) than the first one we got, more than anything. I don't expect them to take my suggestions - I'm just asking for a better handled show. One that can make people laugh and feel for the characters in a way that's more believable.

8. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

The Shorts Will Debut On Youtube Like Hanazuki
    Rumors from Toy Fair and a small footage mentions that this show will not have humans

7:23

9. I.R. Shokew

The lack of humans sounds like this show will have more focus on what it wants to be (even if I did find some of the human characters in the old show to be more interesting / entertaining that the colored animals... But, oh well.).

However, I can only be okay with this if the writing quality is strong enough to begin with. Here's hoping these writers can make this funny and heartwarming enough as possible, that's for sure!

10. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I don't see how the small footage in that video hints that the new series might not have humans since we don't see much (though I did catch a glimpse of a cruise ship, which was one of the toys revealed at the Toy Fair, wondering how that comes into play). If there really are no humans, then I'm curious to see how that's handled. I also figured the shorts would be on YouTube.

Also, does anyone else think this thread should be renamed Littlest Pet Shop (2018 Series) News and Discussion Thread?

11. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

They wouldn't exactly be called pets then either, since they wouldn't have owners.

12. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well if it is half as good as Hanazuki, we are in good shape. If it is 75% as good as Hinazuki we are in great shape.

#12 zoombie, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  13. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

Hasbro Awnsers Questions
    • 2017 Shorts Will Be Uploaded To Youtube this Fall
    • Full TV Series For 2018
    • Meghan McCarthy Involved
    • a great new cast of characters for you to get to know!
    • 2012 Series still be able to watch them on DVD and anywhere the show is available to stream/download.
    RUMOR

-No Humans And Blythe

Another Small Footage Was Show On Toy Fair At 0:53

14. I.R. Shokew

Yeah... I think if this vid is any indication, this show is opting to have no humans in it - start around the 4 minute mark for details on this.

15. PinkiePie97

16. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

[​IMG]

Hasbro Has Trademark the names of the new mane cast the only one who is missing is the parrot also some places

TRIP HAMSTA
    QUINCY GOATEE
    BEV GILTURTLE
    ROXIE MCTERRIER
    JADE CATKIN
    SAVANNAH CHEETABY

Other Names Listed

MISTER YUT
    EDIE VON KEET
    WISTERIA PERSLIA

Places Of Pawtucket
    PET-PET PUTT PUTT
    THE NOCTURNAL CLUB

https://www.trademarkia.com/correspondent-hasbro-inc-2-785619

17. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

[​IMG] Hasbro had their Strategic Decisions Conference.they didnt reveal much they only say that the shorts will be on Fall and that they havent decided which streaming plataform the 2018 TV Series will be

18. PinkiePie97

It will be titled Littlest Pet Shop Unleashed. It will star new characters in a town run by pets called Pawtucket (which is also the name of the city Hasbro is based in). Some if the characters' names are Trip Hamsta, Quincy Goatee, Bev, Gilturtle, Roxie McTerrier, Jade Catkin, and Savannah Cheetaby. The web series still comes later this year with the longer series coming next year. Its home is still unknown.
    http://www.toonbarn.com/other-carto...shop-unleashed-equestria-girls-youtube-series

Can we please get the title of this thread changed to "Littlest Pet Shop Unleashed" News & Discussion Thread? It would be a much more fitting title at this point.

#18 PinkiePie97, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  19. PinkiePie97

20. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

First Look At The Theme Song. The Show Will Be Airing On Discovery Family Instead Of The Original Plans On Netflix