1. Enter to win a "Kubo and the Two Strings" prize pack! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

LittleBigPlanet Karting rushes into stores some time this year

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Takao, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

[video=youtube;KcTmGUfPvrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTmGUfPvrs[/video]

Announced for PS3, from United Front Games. Yes, the Modnation Racers people.

2. Kevin the Geek

Kevin the Geek Golem fan

This looks like a cool game.

It's nice to hear that the Modnation Racers developers are making this game, since I greatly enjoy Modnation Racers.

However, with them making this game, I hope Sony isn't planning to put an end to the Modnation Racers franchise.

3. Takao

Unfortunately it's likely that Modnation will end with Road Trip on Vita last month.

4. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

5. Takao

[video=youtube;Tz1WrYStfpA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz1WrYStfpA[/video]

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I can get close enough to this kind of fun in LittleBigPlanet 2. This is really unnecessary.

7. SB20xx

SB20xx Dino Damage!

Admittedly, I haven't really delved into the user-generated content aspect of LBP2, but are there user-designed karting levels? That's the only way I could agree with your comment. Otherwise, LBP2 and Karting are two totally different genres. Just because both utilize user-generated content doesn't mean Karting is redundant or overkill (unless, of course, if there are already a bunch of kart racing-centered user levels).

At any rate, I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed LBP 1 & 2, and I'm always up for some kart racing, so I should enjoy this.

8. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Well there's karting and then there's racing, in the top-down or side scrolling perspective. If one is really into the Mario Kart point of view, for lack of a better way to describe the experience, I guess it can make sense.

9. Takao

While one can create a top down racer in LBP2, you can't really make an over the shoulder one. LBP Karting does both.

10. spartanx54

spartanx54 Active Member

I have to agree with this. Sony already has a karting franchise: ModNation Racers.

I think Sony is just pushing another exclusive to catch up with Xbox's Halo 4.

11. Takao

Modnation Racers is a dead franchise. I guarantee there won't be another game in that series now that the Vita version is out.

As for your Halo comment, I have to go "wut". The Last of Us is obviously their big blockbuster holiday game.

12. spartanx54

spartanx54 Active Member

Well that sucks. I enjoyed ModNation, but arguably there is no where else with it.

Yes, I am aware of "The Last of Us", sure it's made by Naugthty Dog, and IMO it looks pretty good, but I don't think it will quite match up to Halo 4. Maybe I'm wrong.

13. Takao

The only franchise in Sony's stable that can sell better than Halo is Gran Turismo, and there's no way GT6 is out this year.