1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Little Witch Academia" Talkback

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by GWOtaku, Apr 19, 2013.

1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Episode 15

Great episode, Ursula is Chariot mode, super bad ass and hot.

The people different reaction to this modern magic is very telling, Amanda doesn't seem to like it, neither does Diana's group. We find out more about Croax and Chariot past, Croax was the Diana of her time, while Chariot was the Akko of her time. Though I hate to say it, a lot of Croax about modern magic makes sense, I hope she is genre about that.

I am calling now, Diana is going to find out Chariot before Akko, thought Akko had some guts and just told her already, Croax already knows, no excuses. But the info Akko found out that is enough for one day.

And Ursula said these Nine Ole Witches readings no one can read in like forever, we all know who is going to figure that out, who can understand dragon, it is Diana obviously. In the end, Akko will be the brawn being the choosing one and have the heart, while Diana is the brain that help her out.

I do think one difference between Croax and Diana, Croax is very selfish and not modest, she took full credit for what all the students phrasing her for, didn't even try to act humble, Diana she is less selfless maybe to a point of it being a burden because that allows people to walk all over her and she is humble.

Now that what will happen I don't know, but I think we might getting break from plot next week, we need a cool down episode.

2. zoombie

Episode 16

Figured after the last couple of episodes, we need a little cool down episode, and that is what we got even though we still advance the plot. Who knows we might have all 7 words in the next 3 episodes.

Great to meet Lotte's family, her parents are adorable. I don't know who is more adorable, the dad or the mom.

And who knew Sucy's line about Akko meeting Santa Clause would foreshadow the episode, holly crap Santa Clause, Lotte knew Santa Clause all this time. And Akko just having a stare contest with the reindeer, that is adorable.

Though she had a small role, Sucy really shined in the episode, I love how she was shaking the hand and saying "please to meet you" to the neighbor even though she was a plant zombie. Sucy she has come a long way, she is much more friendlier than she used to be, Akko has really rubbed off on her.

The poor Yeti doing his best, and Akko kept getting on his case, Akko was acting like Finnelan. But she apologized so that was nice.

When Akko was feeling pressure of everyone depending on her, well that is a normal day for Diana. The one thing Akko that Diana doesn't, is she has her friends to have her back, and here they taking out of commission, so she is on her own, a character moment?

Anyway good episode, Lotte parents were adorable, I love to meet some of the other characters parents, but we will see.

#82 zoombie, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. zoombie

Episode 17

I thought this was a fine episode, an Akko and Amanda bonding episode, nothing wrong with that, and with no Lotte in the episode, Akko is now the only character to appear in every episode of the series.

Anyway this was a funny but intense episode, I mean those guys in the black masks, it is like the KKK is in this show, though I know that is more of a American thing so I doubt that was what they were gong for, Neo Natzis perhaps. This Louis person and his dad they are worst, and the most irrdeemable characters in the show, and that includes Croax, I think Croax is redeemable, but not these guys.

Mouse Akko is cute, and male Amanda looked awesome. Andrew wasn't a total jerk, he at least does not condom human crimes that Louis and the others were doing.

And yes the duel, my favorite part, Amanda beats Louis, but Louis to no one surprise has no honor the Holly Grail, but it is really just a demon, and in the end the witches cleanse Louis and the school. And Andrew stepped in and had to nudge Louis to tell the truth, Louis was not going to that on his own, this was not going to be like the end of episode 2 when Diana tried to do the right thing and tell the truth, Louis does not have that type of honor without being forced to.

So this was all just one of Croax experiments. Oh well still a good bonding episode for Akko and Amanda, they have come a long way from episode 5 when they were at each other's throats, heck go back even further episode 3 when Amanda tried to injure Akko with no remorse. We have come so far.

Also like they brought up what was going with the Cavendish family, Akko mention it, I thought that would just be a background thing of us the viewers, but nope they address it.

Anyway okay episode. Akko building up all these friendships, I wonder what that will lead to down the road.

#83 zoombie, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
  4. zoombie

Episode 18

Okay we finally get a Constanze episode though she still has yet to say anything, maybe in the last episode. Cuteness overload with this episode, Constanze is just too adorable, I don't blame Akko for wanting to hug her, she is so adorable. I know she is just short and probably the same age as everyone, but she is like the little sister of the show.

So Little Witch Academia does its own take on Pokemon Go, this ghost hunter this is Pokemon Go to me. And Croax gave Constanze a ghost hunting license, she is not completely bad. Akko tries to help and breaks Constanze robot, and feels so guilty she wants to help.

Yeah Akko is a little pushy and this behavior is very much like in Enchanted Parade when Akko was at her worst, not taking people's feelings into consideration, thinking you know best, ironicly that is the part about Diana's character that gets on Akko's nerve the most, Akko she is the same when it comes to thinking she knows best just in a different way. But is comes from a good place, I forgive her. I also think Akko thinks Constanze is lonely and isolated and wants to be her friend.

Constanze writing "I work alone", so Constanze is Batman confirmed.

I love the sounds effects when Constanze was inspired by Akko and came up with an idea for the ship design. And the ship was awesome, and we had mecha in Little Witch Academia, what more can yo ask.

And this episodes convinces me more that Croax is a ends justify the means person, I don't think her end goal is evil. Would be helpful just told us her goal instead of playing games, but the show doesn't want us to know. I am on "Team Croax goal is not evil, things are more complex than even Ursula realizes". That is a long team name.

And it is nice that Constanze gave Akko a broom she can fly with slowly, Akko continues to gain allies, it is going to come in handy some day.

5. zoombie

Episode 19

Okay so Diana is leaving Luna Nova, and we find out her mother wanted her to revive the words and Akko was the chosen one, knowing that now and looking back their past encounters, I have even more respect for Diana, I always respected that she maturing Akko was the chosen one, but knowing what I know now, even more respect that she didn't turn on Akko and try to steal the Shinning rod, most people in her situation would have snapped. Is Trigger trying to kill me with cuteness, first Constanze from last episode and now little Diana she is adorable.

Hannah and Barbara even they might be some development, and Akko is determine to bring back Diana, where if I heard that before, well Akko do that in 2 episodes and not take who knows how long like a certain blond haired raman eating person, and unlike in that situation, Diana is some worth bring back, not some psychopath who murdered a bunch of people. And seeing Akko and Diana confrontation on the balcony, it shows one thing they do have in common and why they are always clashing heads, they are both stubborn, once they set their minds to it, they don't back down.

And Diana's family, her aunt and her cousins, now I know why she tolerates Hannah and Barbara and their antics, compared to her family, Hannah and Barbara are actually nice.

Finally we see Diana stand for Akko which is great, it is nice that she did that, but still she stands against her family, but lets Hannah and Barbara do what they please, well maybe this little arc gets Diana some development in when they do comeback to Luna Nova, next time Hannah and Barbara try to pull any crap she will step in, though if Akko brings back Diana, I don't think that would be a problem anymore, I don't think they will pick on Akko anymore.

And everyone thought we were going to be get a betrothed plot with Andrew or Diana, or Andrew and one of Diana's cousin, no it is just a garage sale. Maybe one day. BTW I am betting Croax is behind those soccer riots, though in real life do we need magic tubes to get European soccer fans to riot. It will be funny gag at the end, if it is revealed Croax had nothing to do with the soccer riots.

So confirmed Diana has the last card, who didn't see that coming, that is as obvious as Chariot's identity. Speaking of which, what will happen first, will Akko find out Diana is a closet Chariot fan and has the last card, or Akko find out Ursula is Chariot, or neither, which would really piss me off.

So how is this going to get resolved, how will get Diana back to Luna Nova and save the Cavendish family. Maybe Aunt Daryl will have a face turn, maybe Diana's mother ghost will comeback and scare her into being good. That would be great or we can at least trick into thinking Diana's mother ghost is haunting her.

So great episode and can't wait to see what happens in episode 20.

#85 zoombie, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  6. zoombie

Episode 20

What a beautiful episode, forget the last episode, this is the true Akko and Diana episode, weather platonic or romantic, it doesn't matter. Akko and Diana went on an adventure together, I am so happy.

Akko and Diana, the reason they are always at odds, is because they are both stubborn, I guess Andrew is here to play the mediator, and say to the others what there pride won't let them say. Though I laughed when Akko kicked him out of the adventure, which I am glad, this had to be a Akko and Diana solo adventure, no third wheels allowed, even Lotte and Sucy knew that. Still another episode we see little Diana, so cute.

And sometimes Akko can be selfish, but this time, she was not doing if for herself, she is trying to bring back Diana not only for herself, for everyone in Luna Nova, she is fighting for them, and most importantly for Diana. For once Akko thinks she knows best for everyone attitude is actually right.

Though that broom ride, that looked like so much, Akko holding onto Diana for dear life, and this time, Diana is the guy in this relationship.

And Beatrix is so beautiful, maybe if Diana ever grows up to look like that, no complaints. I did feel Diana saving her aunt and her cousins even after everything they did, this was a test. Similar to Woodworth testing Akko in episode 11, this 9 Ole Witches and their tests. We got the 5th word, which all saw coming.

So I guess Diana does not become the head, the remaining servants are going to hide Daryl's credit cards, LOL. The only solution to somehow turn Daryl good, some would complained that is unrealistic , perhaps, but it does imply something I suspect that deep down Daryl did love her sister, and her death made her very bitter and angry at traditions that she blames for her sister's death and that is why she is the way she is. And I guess Diana saving her cleansed her of that bitterness. I am just making up my own head canon as we go along. Besides if Louis can turn good in one episode, than Daryl can turn good in two episodes.

I loved the last scene, Akko and Diana talking and becoming friends, though Diana I am warning you, I will be very disappointed in you if you continue to allow Hannah and Barbara to bully Akko, though after what Akko did, bringing back Diana, I don't think that will be a problem anymore. And Diana thanking Akko and Akko not hearing, is that going to happen when Ursula tells her she is Shining Chariot, and the last lines of the episodes, a tribute to the first short film.

Maybe best episode of the series, at least for story and drama. I put the comedy episodes like episode 3 that I love in a separate category.

7. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

So it looks like there won't be a dub yet for the series when it hits Netflix, a couple of the VAs were saying "hope it gets one soon" on Twitter which implies production hasn't started yet...I guess this will be like Kuromukuro where the first cour comes out, then they wait and dub it when the second cour happens?

8. zoombie

Episode 21

Still no Chariot reveal. What has to happen for Ursula to just tell Akko the truth since she knows how much it means to her.Looks like if it is choose between life or death, Ursula rather die with that secret. It is so frustrating.

And as much as Croax is to blame for all this, a lot of the blame goes on Ursula for not being up front with Akko. Even if she doesn't want to tell Akko her true identity okay fine, how about warning her about Croax and how she should be wary about her, the exact same stuff Croax said about her, Ursula should have said earlier. This is what happens when you keep secrets.

I was hoping this episode we would finally get Croax motivation for all this, and now I am more confused. First it seemed she is just a poor spot the Shiny Rod rejected her, and Diana is a better sport for Croax, especially since that was her dying mother's dream, and she is mature to accept it, while Croax is bitter, but later we see she came to accept it, so is she is sabotage Akko because she wants Chariot to have the honor. Than it is revealed non of that matters to her, than again she could be lying to herself.

Still I get the feeling whatever Croax is trying to accomplish, I think in her own twisted way she is doing it for Chariot. Either for Chariot to accomplish something, or revenge for both of them. I don't know, I want some complicity here, not a simple "I am evil ha ha", Little Witch is better than that.

On a more positive note, nice to see Hannah and Barbara humble themselves to thank Akko, though clearly them being nice to her did weird Akko out a bit. And according to Sucy, Diana has gone soft, though she always been that way, concerned for others, she is just wording it better.

Some people are mad at Akko for doing some reckless, I am sorry Ursula is to blame for not being upfront with Akko.

9. zoombie

Really than why Netflix wait so long to release the first cour? Well the Japanese version is better anyway, but to gain mainstream success you need a dub, the casual fan is not going to interesting in reading subtitles.

#89 zoombie, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  10. Mediahead

Mediahead New Member

The first 13 will be on Netflix by the end of June

http://www.toonzone.net/little-witch-academia-premieres-netflix-june-30/

11. zoombie

Nobody is questioning that.

Anyway if they just want to release the dub in one go, it could be simple to save money. Get all the voice actor to do secession for episode 1-25 and not have to rent out the studio and bring in the voice actors twice as much as they would if they did episode 1- 25 together.

12. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Episodes 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 were pretty sweet/enjoyable, best "girl power" anime ever, I'm a huge fan of it:D!!!!!

Cool seeing Lotte's family, awesome adorable family ever:anime:.
    Love Sucy's great character development.
    Akko/Lotte saving her family was great.
    The yeti, a great new character.
    Akko encouraging/helping the poor yeti was great:D, corrupt societies suck!!!!

Love Akko/Amanda's sweet friendship chemistry:D.
    Louis and his father, awful unlikable villains so reminding me of Shingo Sawatari and Mr. Sawatari.
    Mouse Akko is so cute and Boy Amanda is awesome.
    Love Amanda beating Louis, so well-deserved.
    The knight monster is pretty cool.
    Nice that Louis will develop/change though.
    Croix and her diabolical scheming gets interesting creating crazy monsters, hehehe:p.

Love Constanze's great major focus, she's a silent-type, sweet:D.
    Akko the screw-up was so hilarious, hahahahahahaha:p.
    Love Akko/Constanze's sweet friendship chemistry.
    Croix's bird monster is pretty cool.
    A cool giant robot design from Akko/Constanze.
    Constanze giving Akko the new broom was great.

Diana leaving Luna Nova was pretty sad, poor Diana.
    Nice that Hannah/Barbera care there despite their rotten nature.
    Akko wanting to get Diana back was great.
    Diana's mother Bernadette, awesome loving mother, she'll be missed next to her dad:(.
    Cool seeing Andrew.
    Aunt Daryl/Meril & Maril, my favorite horrible villainesses, Diana will beat them though, hehehe.
    Diana a descendant of the Nine Ole Witches was interesting:eek:.

Diana's ritual was interesting.
    Nice Akko/Andrew moment.
    Akko saving Diana was great, Elephant Akko is so cute.
    Love Akko/Diana's sweet friendship chemistry, love Diana's sweet developing/soft sides:D.
    Love Aunt Daryl/Meril & Maril's satisfying defeats, hehehe.
    Cool seeing Beatrix, she's awesome/interesting:D.
    Nice that Aunt Daryl/Meril & Maril will develop/change next to Louis.
    Akko gets Diana back, yaaaaaaaaaay, the "I'll drop you" line from Diana was funny, hahahahahahaha:p, but a sweet mini-arc.

13. zoombie

Episode 22

Well I am speechless, I am speechless. This explains so much, why Ursula was scared to reveal to Akko she was her hero Shiny Chariot. I thought it was simply low self of esteem, Akko put Chariot on such a pedestal, that she didn't want to crush that image, but was much more than that, oh my god.

Soccer riots in Europe is something you did magic to happen, it can happen on its own, but enough to start a war? I guess that is taking things up a notch. So Akko learns Croax is causing all this trouble, and she couldn't even piece it together on her own, Croax had to out right say "I am a villain." Akko she can be as dense as Ash Ketchem.

And the moment we have waited for, the Chariot reveal, and it overshadowed by stealing your magic reveal. And Akko would have found in a more proper way if it wasn't for Andrew, for those that don't like him, more reason to not like him. I don't hate him, but dam it Andrew, you ruined everything. And Akko still didn't take her hat back, is she ever going to get it back?

And one big solution to all this, Diana has to come out of the closet? The Shiny Chariot fan closet, what did you think I meant? If Akko and Chariot knew she was at that show, and lost her magic as well, but was able to get it back, that could make them feel better. I do feel that is going to happen, and has to happen at this point, we got the big reveal in this episode, we are getting the next big reveal soon.

It seems every week Little Witch is topping it self with great episode. It is getting ridiculous.

14. zoombie

Episode 23

Well that was a tear jerkier but in a good way. Figured Dream Fuel Spirit was a Croix's experiment. Not that, that excuses Chariot's role in this, she it was an experimental stage and still used it, and when the pressure got to her she used it again even though she knew the truth. Still seeing Chariot as a little kid, she is so much like Akko, it is not even funny.

And Diana as usual MVP of the episode, first of all like I predicted she uncovered Chariot's identity on her own, I told you back in episode 15 when she was going to do some research on Ursula, she was going to figure it out. I called it. Lotte and Sucy came to her for help when Akko was missing, as usual when there are problems, everyone looks to Diana, just like the teachers. But Diana wants to help, she cares about Akko to, so it is different this time. Also Diana and Amanda got along this episode, Akko really bringing people together without having to be there.

Diana found Akko and they had coffee together like adults to, that was so cute. Just like everyone thought, the solution to Akko's depression is for Diana to come out of the closet and reveal she was a Chariot fan to and was at that show and lost her magic and got it back, which gives hope to Akko. Diana just admitting her jealousy of Akko what a mature thing to do, I wish Akko admitted her own jealousy of Diana, but I think she knows. And of course I wish they hugged, but saving it for the finale after they save magic.

Chariot confronting Croix, this feels like Obi One about to fight Darth Vader, and we all know how that ended. And Chariot might feel so down on herself, that she feels the only way of redemption is death. Hopefully Akko and the others can get there in time before something terrible happens.

And we saw the differences in Chariot and Croix relationship to Akko and Diana's relationship. First of all key word jealousy. Compare how Croix handles her jealousy to Diana's, Diana handles things in a way more mature way, you can make the case that they and especially Diana are acting more like adults, than Chariot and Croix, Croix especially acting like a child when compared to someone like Diana. The adults can learn something from the kids.

Anyway really tearful episode but in a good way, though next episode might be more tearful in a bad way.

15. zoombie

Episode 24

Wow what an episode, this the climax. So we start with Chariot with a Life Saver, you know when that is your starting point, it is going to get good. And the reveal Chariot can't fly anymore, well I guess in her mind that is poetic justice, as we find out later she has so much guilt inside of her, that is probably why she could never get the 7th word.

Anc Croix is very smart, but at the same time very stupid, force open the gate, when has that ever worked out. Was she so lost in her ambition she lost all logic. I wonder what is going to happen to Croix now, is she going to jail, or magic jail, at the very least she is not going to be back at Luna Nova anytime soon. Though who knows with the way that loony Headmistress thinks.

When Chariot was about to be eating, I just watch the latest of Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters, I did not need this, thankfully Akko and the others show up to save the day.

I am disappointed, it really just Akko that saves the day, Diana, Lotte, Sucy, the green team didn't really do much, I wish it could have been more of a team effort.

So Akko finally meets Chariot, and achieve her dream and return the Shiny Rod, all in a short time Luffy. And she learned she can never be the next Chariot, she only be Akko. Anyone could have told her that at the beginning.

Still though what happened at the end, do we still have one more crisis to solve? Or is the next episode going to be all epilogue?

My biggest disappointment, Diana was left out of the group hug, next episode we better get that Akko and Diana hug, I guess a group hug would have been cheep for their big hug, it needs to be one on one hug.

So than a great series, the best series of 2017, and I don't just mean anime, I mean the best animated series of 2017 period. And next episode it ends. I am hoping we at least have some OVA specials. A Christmas OVA would be nice, and than maybe season 2.

16. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

...oh great, so if the ED is anything to go by Akko is going to get vaporized by the magical nuke to save everyone, unless Trigger pulls a "gotcha" on us...

17. zoombie

The trailer is out, and it looks like it is true, there is no dub yet.

18. zoombie

Episode 25

Oh boy where to begin with, well 24 minutes of goodness. Was it a perfectly finale no, but there is so such thing as a perfect finale, I didn't get my Akko / Diana hug, but other than that, it is everything I wanted, and they held hands enough times it made up for it.

We get all 7 of them in the 9 Ole Witches uniforms this time, that was cool. And how contributed to saving the day, Akko and Diana did most of the work, but still and even Croix contributed even though understandably she is so down on herself, and rightfully so.

They stop the missile with the power to believe, it is like a Disney movie but it works, and anyone that has a problem with it, too bad not everything has to be logical. And this time it is Akko who catches a falling Diana, role reversal.

So the day is saved thanks to the witches and your belief in them, and no thanks to the government.

So since Chariot keeping her hair red, does that mean everyone in school knows she is Shiny Chariot now. Croix is lucky the Headmistress is so forgiving, most people would have banned her from Luna Nova forever as she is carted off to jail. But when she comes back she is cure the effects of Wagandea, hopefully she pulls it off.

And I guess we are all friends now, even Hannah and Barbara, we even see Lotte and Barbara reading a book I presume it is a night fall book. So the moment we waited for, Akko is flying, and an even bigger moment Constanze talked. If this the last we ever see of Little Witch Academia it is a good ending, but still would love a season 2, and see Akko deal with her new flying abilities.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Don't mind me saying, but Universal Kids seems really comfortable airing series that were previously exclusive to streaming services

And if the was ever an anime that could like a glove in a children's network in this day and age, it's LWA.

Not saying anything is going to happen one way or the other, but...you know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. zoombie

As someone of you may know, there is going to be a new English voice for Sucy when Funimation dubs Space Patrol: Lulico, while I am disappointed they couldn't bring Rochelle Heger on board for "financial reasons", I mean really Funimation you are that cheep, anyway if we have to have a new voice actress I think Monica Rail doing her Sue from Boku No Hero Academia voice could work.

#100 zoombie, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017