1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Little Witch Academia" Talkback

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by GWOtaku, Apr 19, 2013.

1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Episode 2

Great episode, I guess the OVA is not canon to this series, as they redid a couple of scenes.

We meet Diana and I am glad she is in character. She is a person that will acknowledge her mess up and not take credit she is not deserved. And some say she is arrogant, I think they are mistaking, it is her lackey that are arrogant.

And I am glad that Diana's family is a big deal, in my head canon she comes this well known family, and she has to live to up their lofty expectation. If we meet her parents I think they might the worst.

And to my surprise, not a big battle this episode, I thought be a monster of the week, but the problem was solved very quickly and rather peacefully.

And I am calling it now, the cards that Akko collected, she mentioned a missing card, I am calling it Diana has the missing card being the closet Cherrett fan that she is, yeah spoiler alert, but that was revealed in the first episode, if you don't notice those little details tough. I think that card will come into play to save the day in episode 12 or 13. You will see.

2. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

well, if I would ever ask my self what a fusion between Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Draco Malfloy would be like, here is my answer

3. zoombie

Episode 3

This was a great episode, I love a good race episode.

Again they redo a OVA scene with the whole broom riding lesson, at least this time the professor push Akko off the cliff. And while Diana is nicer in the anime, it seems her friends have become meaner. I don't remember those 2 being this mean in the OVA or the movie, they cross the line of sneaking jerks to full on bullies. Someone needs to punch them in the face.

We meet Amanda, Constanze, and Jasminka, and our main trio know them, but not really friends with them yet, hopefully that happens soon.

We also meet a new character a reporter, she is hilarious, hopefully we see more of her. She reminds me of Melissa from Yu Gi Oh Arc V and a less annoy of Jason from Fairy Tail.

Sucy she will cheat, she don't care, that is why we love her, I am just glad that one of the victims of her cheating was one of Diana's lackeys, they deserve it, they deserve a whole lot worse, but I will take it.

What I thought was going to happen was Amanda gets in trouble and than Akko and Diana team up, but nope it was Akko who got the broom and Diana saved her. And we see the differences in Akko and Diana, and why I think they compliment very well and could learn from each other, and I think Ursula might agree. Diana told Akko to take her of her injuries, very sensible, very logical, while Akko she finishes the race, Akko is one to take changes, and can be out right reckless. And the way they can learn and become better, Diana can learn to take chances and not go by the book, while Akko not be so reckless, she is going get herself killed one of these day. Sounds like the making of a buddy cop team.

I think in the end, Diana admits Akko has guts, and gained some respect for trying, while Ursula sees more than guts in Akko.

Great episode, I wish it was longer.

4. zoombie

Episode 4

Well we have some Little Witch Academia media in which Akko is not the main character, so this is a first, one of the things I wondered about the series, well other characters get a chance to get the spotlight once and a while, I guess the answer is yes.

So Annabel the author of this book series that is a reference to Twilight, but I won't hold it against her, Nightfall sounds way better anyway, and it is really a curse and she put together this trap to pass the burden to Lotte.

And Lotte she is awesome in this episode, I love seeing her being the crazy fan girl of this episode. And Lotte she is not like Atto, she doesn't want to be like her idol, she just wants to admire her idol, I like that show you can react to your idols differently.

Heck we even got some characteristic of one of the mean girls, I don't know which is which, the dark haired one, I hate her a little less. Heck it would be good if they become more characters in their own right. Though did they snitch on our girls? I don't think it would have mattered, they would have been caught anyway, still wouldn't put it past it those two.

The big mystery who is the clock girl, I think it is going to be some big reveal later, maybe the list of voice actress might give is away, my guess right now, that is Amanda.

Anyway good episode, maybe next week it is Sucy's turn, that is going to be good.

5. zoombie

Episode 5

Well after a couple of episodes we took a break and had just slice of life stories, we are back to action, and with the exception of Ursula who is not in this episode, we use all of our main characters to play important episodes and show casing their skills and what they do best.

Having Akko and Amanda get in trouble and get into detention, it is a redo of Parade, only this time it just them and not their whole respective groups.

While Diana is Akko's rival because they are opposites or two sides of the same coin, Amanda she is Akko's rival because they are too much alike. Though if the three of them could get along they could be unstoppable team, hopefully by series end we get some development on that, especially if we going to have a plot and a big bad.

So we meet this dragon, and he actually talks and has intelligence of a human. I love in the end, he was just a bill collector and kind of a con man.

I thought we might have been headed towards a magic show fund raiser, would be a way to redo Parade, but nope Diana to save the day. But it was in direct, Akko and Amanda determination and willingness to break the rules, and Diana's talent and intelligence saves the day. Like I said, if they can only work together.

Well we do get some progression, Akko does acknowledge that she does respect Diana. Anyway another good episode, I do wish Sucy will get her own episode, though that would be something.

6. zoombie

Episode 6

We might have a plot after all. For some reason when I found out Diana and Andrew knew each other, I thought perhaps they might be betrothed. Though giving this series is suppose to be for people of all ages there is no fan service in this series, perhaps a betrothed plot might be too mature for young kids.

We might have a plot, looks like Andrew's dad and people like him might be plotting something against Luna Nova.

My feelings on Andrew, he is not as big of a creep as I thought he would be, but still either way no mater which girl you pair him with, he gets in the way of my ship, leave Akko and Diana alone, and let them be together. I know that won't happen in this type of show but still.

And on thing that really was a let down on this episode, it looked like it was going to be a Diana episode, we learned a little about her past, why wouldn't it be, but it turned into another Akko episode for the billionth time. I guess episode 4 is a rare episode, it always going to be the Akko show, while other characters get the shaft. At least I thought it would be be a Akko / Diana episode, in which Akko learns a little bit about her. That better happen someday.

But the good stuff with Chariot that makes up for it, little Chariot is so cute, and maybe Akko will learn a lesson and take things more seriously from know on. To achieve her goals, you just can't desire it, you have to work for it, this is not all fun and games. please don't let Akko just go back to being her slacker self, let's have some character growth.

Though if I am right about Andrew's dad plotting something, maybe a betrothed plot will still happen, you know to save the school. As long as they not some crazy age difference like in Geass or Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphan, it should be okay.

7. zoombie

Episode 7

I am glad the lesson Akko learned in the last episode is sticking. She is actually studying and actually trying, good for you.

I don't know which was cuter, fish Akko or puppy dog eyes Akko.

I don't know which was more sweeter, Akko finally physically attacking Hannah and Barbara, or Ursula yelling at that teacher, both was a long time coming, this is the episode the bullies finally get what they deserved and get put in their place.

I thought for a moment Akko committed murder, goldfish are so easy to kill, but the professor survived, and that poacher learned a lesson he will never forget.

I love this weeks ending with the fish, we need fan art of the fish forms.

Like last week's episode, there is some big picture stuff that we need to talk about, the whole Diana predicts Akko will leave Luna Nova, I don't think that is a dead issue, that is foreshadowing of something. She didn't say Akko will flunk out in the next day or two, a very vague prediction which had no time table, that could be something in first count finale. That could be cliffhanger for the second count.

8. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Little Witch Academia, easily my favorite awesome new magical girl anime, so love "girl power" anime, it has amazing cartoony-ish style animation, a great plot/storyline, and a sweet school setting, I do enjoy some anime with great school settings.After seeing a few episodes, I like what I see:D.

Akko(Atsuko), Lotte, Sucy, along with Shiny Chariot, Professor Ursula, Jasminka, Constanze, awesome interesting female protagonists/supporting characters.Sucy the best part of the anime, a cute enjoyable funny emo sociopath like Ichijo(Pani Poni Dash!), hehehe:D.Shiny Chariot the best inspiring role model character like Yusho/Kamina.

Both Diana, Hannah/Barbara, Amanda, Finnelan, and Lord Fafnir, my favorite antagonists, both Diana/Amanda, awesome interesting rival bully girls when they develop to become allies to Akko which is great, I do enjoy rival bully girls in most anime like Martina/Naga(Slayers), Ursula/Burgundy/Georgia/Miette, Princess Morbucks(Himeko), Nina Wong, and Satsuki for example, hehehehe:D.I do love Hannah/Barbera's well-deserved bashings, hehehe.

Both Annabel, Andrew/Frank, and Lord Fafnir were great interesting new characters, Andrew's character development who goes from anti-magic snobby creep to a better person/possible love interest for Akko, sweet.

Since the Earl of Hanbridge(Andrew's father) is gonna be a possible major antagonist to provide conflict to the witches, I dislike him, I'll enjoy his satisfying comeuppance:mad:.

9. Megumi

Megumi ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

I finally watched the original thirty-minute short and really liked it. It was very nicely animated (with little cgi used, a huge plus) and the voices weren't bad. I can't remember any of the music, but I thought it was a sun way to kill thirty-minutes. I'll certainly watch the next short as well.

10. zoombie

Episode 8

A Sucy episode, to be honest I didn't think it could be done without breaking the mystic that is Sucy. But they were able to pull it off.

Anyway I loved it, very trippy episode, it had a little bit of Alice In Wonderland, the Wizard of Oz, and oldest of old old school cartoons.

So angelic side wants to Akko painlessly, of course she does. I have to admit the movie part when they showed the first episode, that was touching.

But the episode had so many laughs and how sadestic Sucy personalities can be, I don't which Sucy was my favorite, judge Sucy, old lady Sucy, rocker Sucy, so many Sucys, I love them all.

And in the end, it was dream, or was it? I don't think we will ever know.

11. zoombie

Episode 9

Okay this episode was awesome. It was hilarious but yet gave me the feels. So what happened the beginning, were they making a time capsule or something? Don't really get it.

Anyone getting on Akko's case for causing trouble again, this time is mostly Sucy's fault. It was her shortcut that lead to the cemetery. And was Akko and Sucy together that raised the dead.

So this skeleton guy raises form the dead, I thought he was a pirate at first, though we find out later he was just some normal dude. What is with that attire?

Some hilarious shenanigans ensue, like the dead guy going through garbage and our girls pretend he is their crazy grandpa, the fake street show, just hilarious. And Sucy just sitting there all calm at the bar, she might cause a lot of trouble, but she is best girl. Nice to see the coffee shop again, and the guy that works there.

But we got the feels at the end, headmaster Miranda and her dad reunite, I have to admit, that was touching. This shows knows how to tug at the emotion, it can make me laugh and cry all within a short time.

The reveal that the headmaster is half human half witch, that has to give Akko some hope, between this and finding out about Shinning Chariot's childhood, becoming a headmaster at a witch school is a great accomplishment, and for a half breed to do that, that is quite an accomplishment, granted Akko is less than that, she is a no breed, but still hope, though I don't think her dream to headmaster, still she has no limit to what she can accomplish.

12. zoombie

Episode 10

I know I say it every week, this it is time, this is the best episode of the series. You know Akko gets a bad rap, that she is always getting her friends in trouble, well really it is Sucy that gets everyone in trouble just as much if not more.

I know when they mention the love bee, shenanigans were going to ensue. I am disappointed no one fell in love with Sucy, you knew she would milk that and make that poor slub just do whatever. Hannah and Barbara and fall in love with each other I thought that would be funny, plus them getting stun by a bee magic or not would be great. Though when they first appeared in the first scene I thought of something from the latest episode of Yu Gi Oh abridged "hey look it' a minor anthologist, I bet they are going to antagonize us", and all as much as Sucy is to blame, if they didn't antagonize Akko maybe none of this would have happened.

How could I forget Diana looked gorgeous, I wish Akko would have acknowledge how stunning she looked, Lotte did that at least, weather she gets on your nerves or not, you have to admit she is stunning.

I am glad that Akko lumps Diana and Andrew in the same boat, she thinks they have bad personality, I would be annoyed if Akko's attitude Diana is terrible, but Andrew is a decent guy.

I can't believe I got what I wanted, the Akko x Diana moment, they didn't hold back, we had people of the same gender fall for each other, than again this is Japan, they are open with this stuff.

I was laughing when Hannah and Barbara fainted twice, maybe they got concussion, in my head canon they got concussions. And Lotte got a harem for a couple of hours.

Of course in the end, Frank still likes Lotte, the guy had a fettish for witches to begin with. If that become a thing, I am cool with that. As similar that Andrew and Diana, the difference is the likability of those that hang around with them, Frank is the anti Hannah and Barbara.

Diana falling in love with herself that funny as well, though two episodes we have had Akko and Andrew put aside their difference team up to save the day, when is Akko and Diana going to have that type of episode. I want that, if Akko and Diana relationship doesn't develop, and Akko doesn't realize Diana is not as bad as she think she is, I am going to be so angry. But we still got plenty of time for that.

And the Earl for a few seconds was a pedophile, though he is not that, he is still our main villain it seems. He is the enemy to all witches, unless you are rich like the Cavendish family, I guess to him you are rich first before you vile witches, and even than who knows what he is thinking deep down in his soul. Still think based on what I see of the Earl's thinking, Andrew and Diana arrange engagement could happen. If that happen, Diana would be forbidden from ever doing magic ever again.

Anyway this was a great episode, this is the episode if I want to get someone hooked on this series, to check this episode out.

#72 zoombie, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  13. zoombie

Episode 11

Wow what an episode wow. I guess last week's episode with all the goofiness that love bug caused, that was the calm before the storm. Like those episodes that was about the school festival and funny shenanigans, next episode is always heavy stuff.

I know we all got our hopes up that Akko would find out Ursula is Shiny Chariot, but I knew it was not going to happen, this is episode 11 of a 25 episode series, it is way too early for that. But like she said at the end of the episode, don't worry it will happen, probably going in a bad desperate situation but still it will happen.

Well the fake Chariot was an interesting thing to see, but in a way she is right, Akko is never going to be the next Shiny Chariot, she can only be her self as we all our unique in our way, I think in the series Akko is going to know that.

The more I hear about the stone and needing that for magic, the more I am concerned that someone perhaps a magic hater like the Earl will steal it and try to destroy it, and that is when that mysterious woman in red will show up and we have no magic to stop her, thanks a lot stupid Earl.

I don't know what Diana is up to, but I have a bad feeling her good intention is going to back fire. We seen her a couple of times, she has saved Akko, helped out, I think the finale Akko is going to return the favor, she is going to need saving.

Someone are saying that woman could be Diana's mother, I doubt it, probably an ancestor. Could it be Diana from the future I hope not, as someone that read a manga series called Fairy Tail, that plot line could end up being terrible. But I do have an interesting theory, that woman or entity perhaps she will process Diana and she will be the final villain. And that is how Akko returns the favor and saves her. Akko have to defeat the processed with evil prodigy student, that would be quite the challenge.

14. zoombie

Second half trailer, looks very interesting.

15. zoombie

Episode 12

Okay did not expect a two parter, but okay I will take it.

This episode had everything I wanted and hope to see, Akko and Diana bonding, Diana getting some focus even though still the real Diana didn't much screen time, but still manage to develop Akko and Diana relationship.

The mirror is a little prankster, but I wonder if it is misunderstood, being in his someone else's shoes is a very helpful thing.

I love that Akko did not try to take advantage of the situation, most main characters they are in this position when everyone they are there rival and especially with someone like the Moonlight competition going on, Akko did not try to sabotage Diana and embarrass her in front of everybody, at least not on purpose, and of those main characters OVA Akko might be on the list. So I am glad that Akko didn't do anything mean to try to get a leg up on the competition, at least not to anyone that didn't deserve it, but I will talk about that later, he he.

Episode 6 and 12 they go together well, both episodes Akko learns something about Chariot, though different lessons. Episode 6 was about Akko taking seriously and actually working, while episode 12 it is to not be too serious and remember to have fun to. Personally that is a lesson Diana needs to learn. And I am sure we all wondering who was Chariot talking to in that vision that Akko had, those that saw the 2nd coun preview, I think we all who's POV that is.

I got everything I always wanted to see in this episode minus the real Diana getting more screen time and going on an adventure with Akko, and Akko learning Shiny Chariot's identity, but Akko learned to understand Diana, and also Akko got her revenge on Hannah and Barbara, people were screaming for them to get come uppings, well finally they did, though they don't know Akko played them, that is the only down part. Akko wasn't mean to anyone that didn't deserve it, those two deserved it. Now the only one missing is that mean teacher, Akko as Diana has no power over her, but maybe if she turned into the headmistress, be her turn to get what she has coming to her, hmm.

Anyway loved the episode. Akko and Diana they will be BFFs by the end of the series, has to be. Hannah and Barbara can not stop laughing.

16. zoombie

Episode 13

Well anyone disappointed we didn't get a new OP and ED this episode, I was pumped all week for a new OP and ED, oh well this is the official half way point and if Netflix breaks the season into two parts, it would be at this point that part 1, we will see.

Onto the episode, well I am proud of Lotte and Sucy finally setting up and having Akko's back, but disappointed it took them being the subject of ridicule for them to do something. So it is cool when people make fun of Akko, but when they feel the brunt of it, not so fun isn't it. Oh by the way Hannah and Barbara, I dare you to say that to Sucy's face, you won't, won't you, you don't cut the guts to do it.

Anyway the show is awesome, I am glad everyone got the chance to shine, even team Amanda their got their moment, and Constanze especially I just love her.

Am I the only who wanted the summoning to not go off without a hitch, I wanted Hannah and Barbara to screw up because they were to busy picking on Akko to actually practice, and Diana save the day which would have made her better in the judges eyes, so you accomplish that and give certain people a lesson, and also symbolism on she is carrying everyone on back. But that is all right, they got their come upping last week and still haven't learned, maybe someday. Maybe if Akko saved their worthless laughs they might change for the better.

Akko her attempts to humor everyone was awesome, I love mouse Akko and elephant Akko, I hope they don't get sued by Disney. I am glad the guests were impressed, I am not sure if they were laughing with her or at her, especially not sure about the other students, I think a lot of them might been laughing at her.

And the real form of the ghost, just me or does look a bit like Sucy, distant relative perhaps.

In the end, Akko doesn't win, but she doesn't care, she just wanted be the best witch she could be, she did something Shiny Chariot couldn't do, so they dq her, but in the end she won her way, she don't need their reward.

And the big debate what emotion was Diana feeling at the end, what did that mean. I think she is question her path, she always been straight laced, followed the rules, did what she was told, but sees Akko go against that, not followed the rules, and accomplish something good. I think that is what she is feeling, I don't think it is pure jealous. But I don't she knows how she feels, which makes it easy for somebody 'wink wink' to manipulate her to feel anyone they want her to feel. I hope they pull a Sasuke here, even though a evil Diana would be awesome to look at, no I don't want her to go down that path.

But great episode, worth the wait, and a big step of Akko's journey is complete, but those mysterious hands hints that her journey is far from over.

17. zoombie

Episode 14

First of all love the OP, looks like they are about to go with war. I love that this OP it is not just Akko and to a lesser extent Sucy and Lotte that got the change to shine and had screen time in the OP unlike the first one, all my favorite characters got their showcase Diana, Amanda, Constanze, Jasminka, etc. Like the thought Chariot and Croix = Akko and Diana of a previous generation. And the hand holding, that was nice. And the song is awesome

Onto the episode, they teased with Ursula telling Akko everything, dam it is it ever going to happen. Is Diana going to steal the Shining Rod one of these days, I think they are setting up for that, her ultimate mistake that Akko is going to have to fix is going to be that. So we have a strike, and you know what this feels like this problem of the week is going to be a thing of the past soon, used a setup for Croix entrance, so this might the swan song of the plot of the episode.

Croix has her theme, a character with their own theme music, that is a red flag. I know Croix is the villain, but leave it to those old stubborn teachers to get me to side with for a moment when they wouldn't except her help originally.

I love Akko siding with the fairies, though I wanted to see how they got her on their side. The Akko / Diana confrontation, Akko called her an aristocrat, is that suppose to be an insult Akko, I think Diana was taken more at back at that weirdness of the insult than anything else. Though that could help her character development, while Diana is not a snob, but she subconscious does look down on people, when you have the attitude I know best to help everyone, her hearts in the right place, so maybe she needed to hear that. I guess you can say it is payback for a couple of episodes when she told Akko she pouts things go her way. It is hard truths.

I think in the second half of this series, we could have role reversals with Akko and Diana, with things always working out for Akko while Diana is flustered.

Looking like Akko is becoming more distant from Ursula and going with Croix, perhaps Diana will find out all the information Ursula wanted to tell Akko first including Shinning Chariot's identity. What we might have is each generation counterpart worrking with the other generation counterpart, meaning Akko and Croix, Diana and Ursula.

I said when I saw her design Croix reminded me of Kurvia from Legend of Korra, and here she is using Kurvia's playbook which create a problem so you can solve it and look like a hero.

It pains me to say this but Finnelan is right, not being on board with Croix, we are suppose to agree with her, but she has always been wrong about everything and she is mean.

Speaking of mean people, when they focused on Hannah and Barbara getting a shower first of all together a little shipping tease there, anyway it had a horror movie vibe to it, but when you focus on girls getting a shower especially with girls with their personality, normally they get attacked by a mask man with with a knife.

I loved this episode, good start to the second half, I am interesting where Akko's relationship with Ursula and Diana is going to go, it could be bad with both of them before it gets better, but that is okay it is what you expect with story telling, I am worried Akko is going to be drinking of the Croix koolaid, and going to take advantage of Akko's kind nature. If Croix is Kurvira, is Akko going to be her Bolin?

18. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

19. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Episodes 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 were pretty sweet/enjoyable,

A crazy world with alot of Sucys was awesome/wacky, all the Sucys were amazing/hilarious, hahahahahaha:D:p.
    Akko's moments in the crazy Sucy world was great/funny.
    The giant Sucy monster/dragon was cool.

Diana looks gorgeous.
    Hannah/Barbera freaking out/fainting twice was so funny.
    Andrew's character development was great, Akko/Andrew the best couple.
    Lotte/Frank the best couple, Lotte is so lucky, hehehe:anime:.

Professor Ursula turning out to be Shiny Chariot was interesting/surprising, more of her great character:D, I get a feeling when Akko finds out further episodes.
    Akko will get stronger to be like Shiny Chariot.
    The spirit of Professor Woodward was great/interesting.

Akko turning into animals is cute/great, but Elephant Akko is SO CUTE:D!!!!!
    Akko's goal wanting to be the Moonlit Witch was pretty sweet, go Akko.
    The famous witches are interesting.
    Love Amanda, Jasminka, and Constanze's major focuses, my favorite awesome female characters:D.
    Love the prankster mirror, an interesting great minor antagonist.
    Akko becoming Diana was great/funny.
    Love Hannah/Barbera's well-deserved just desserts, they deserve it, go Akko, Sucy can easily torment them as well, hahahahaha:p.
    Akko's relationship with Diana and Ursula I mostly enjoy.
    Nice seeing more of Shiny Chariot's amazing character.

Both Sucy/Lotte the best to support/help Akko and have her back.
    Love the cute brown witch announcer.
    Amanda, Jasminka, and Constanze's performance was sweet.
    Love both Akko/Diana's sweet amazing performances:D, Akko wants to be the best greatest witch.
    Miranda the Headmistress the best to support Akko:D.
    Akko breaking the Vajarois' curse was awesome.
    The Vajarois' original cute female form was great, she'll be missed.
    Love the foreshadowing ending with the mysterious hands.

Love Opening 2 Breakdown!, focusing all the witches going to war and Diana, Amanda, Jasminka, Constanze, Andrew, and Croix getting major focus was awesome:D.
    Love Professor Croix, an awesome interesting female major antagonist:D, now it gets interesting now, the real plot begins, hehehe.
    Both Shiny Chariot and Croix being the first generation Akko and Diana is awesome/interesting.
    The fairies are awesome.
    Of course Croix will easily use Akko for her own evil selfish gain.
    Love Ending 2, it was pretty cute/sweet with different designed Akko turning into animals.

#79 Radical, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  20. zoombie