Line of the Night (7/1)

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by bigddan11, Jul 1, 2012.

?

Which lines will advance to the July Line of the Month during week 1?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2012.
  1. [color=#F0F8FF][b]Bleach:[/b] [i]Conclusion!? Hisagi vs. Kazeshini[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by anime

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. [color=#F0F8FF][b]Bleach:[/b] [i]Conclusion!? Hisagi vs. Kazeshini[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by anime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. [color=#FF6347][b]Deadman Wonderland:[/b] [i]Hummingbird[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by JShaggy [br]a[/

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. [color=#FF6347][b]Deadman Wonderland:[/b] [i]Hummingbird[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by macattack [br]a

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. [color=#FF6347][b]Deadman Wonderland:[/b] [i]Hummingbird[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by JShaggy & El-Ha

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. [color=#FF6347][b]Deadman Wonderland:[/b] [i]Hummingbird[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by PunkPhantom [br

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  7. [color=#AFEEEE][b]Casshern Sins:[/b] [i]Reunited with Fate[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by marklungo & a

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. [color=#AFEEEE][b]Casshern Sins:[/b] [i]Reunited with Fate[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by animePWNS [br

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. [color=#C0C0C0][b]FMA Brotherhood:[/b] [i]The First Homunculus[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by animePWNS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. [color=#C0C0C0][b]FMA Brotherhood:[/b] [i]The First Homunculus[/i] [br]a[/br] [u]Ed:[/u] (in his hea

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  11. [color=#FFDAB9][b]GitS: SAC 2nd Gig:[/b] [i]Reversal Process[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by animePWNS [

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  12. [color=#FFDAB9][b]GitS :SAC 2nd Gig:[/b] [i]Reversal Process[/i] [br]a[/br] [u]Batou:[/u] Hmm. Sneak

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. [color=#66CDAA][b]Cowboy Bebop:[/b] [i]Pierrot le Fou[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by vegeta95748 [br]a[

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. [color=#66CDAA][b]Cowboy Bebop:[/b] [i]Pierrot le Fou[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by HUBTigers87 & anim

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  15. [color=#66CDAA][b]Cowboy Bebop:[/b] [i]Pierrot le Fou[/i] [br]a[/br] Submitted by animePWNS [br]a[/b

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

Another month has arrived, but the great Toonami action will remain before your eyes. Bleach and the zanpaktu are ready to slice and Deadman Wonderland shows blood is rather nice. Robots are dying in the world of Casshern Sins, and world conspiracies are flying from the Fullmetal end. Don't forget the Ghost in the Shell that always likes to hide, and great space action from the Bebop crew is a fine way to dine. A new month has arrived, so what will your favorite lines be tonight? One thing is for certain, this idiotic rhyme shouldn't fill you with fright.

Looking for something to do before Toonami on Saturday nights? Don't miss out on Crunchyroll's newest simulcast- Cardfight!! Vanguard Asia Circuit. Follow it up with the Shonen simulcasts of One Piece and HunterxHunter, and if your like me you also throw in Kuroko's Basketball and Toriko. I promise you it is a great way to lead up to Toonami on Saturday night/ Sunday morning.

2. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

Spike: "Ah man, I hate theme parks"

Great line to not only end Toonami for the week, but just due to that episode.

3. vegeta95748

vegeta95748 New Member

From Bebop:

Jet: There is nothing more innocent and cruel than a child.

4. macattack

macattack I see you!

From Deadman Wonderland:

Every single bit of psychotic poison Minatsuki spat out in her fight with Ganta. Those lines were marvelous.

5. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

But i think I especially liked,

"SHE [bleep] SAVED THE [bleep] PRIMROSES!!!"

6. Soul

Soul Mainly Lurking Now...

THIS. I was gonna suggest it as well. It'd be too hard and a shame to just pick one.

7. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard "cruel as a child"

8. JShaggy

JShaggy Completely Out of Character

Yeah, there's gonna be a flood of these, but here's a couple more Minatsuki quotes to get the ball rolling :sweat::

"You're all the same. All of you. You talk like men, but squeal like virgins."

"Well derpy derp, you dumbass!"

"Ahh! Poor widdle piggy wiggy. Why don't you just jack off in a bottle of Formaldehyde and call it our first born."

And here's a Ganta line just for fun from the same episode:

"All of you can freakin' eat me. Yeah. That's right I said it. Eat me! I won fair and square, you four-eyed bastard! So wrap it the hell up!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  9. macattack

macattack I see you!

It's really damn hard to come up with one winning line from Minatsuki considering they're all good.

"Shut your idiot face! Don't negotiate with the person who's killing you!"

"Forgot to tell you, big brother. Your sister's a vicious, murdering little [bleep]. Sorry!"

"I'll weave a wave of [bleep] to rival every last mother[bleep] one of you ass holes!"

"Is bad aim a strategy?"

"Seriously? No way you beat me with a freakin' headbutt . . ."

All courtesy of Minatsuki from Deadman Wonderland.

10. vegeta95748

vegeta95748 New Member

Could be. I was half asleep last night when I heard it, so i might have copied it down wrong.

11. El-Hazard

El-Hazard I like birds

I'll go with this one, simply because it caught me completely off-guard.

Also, hearing soemone in an anime go "derpy derp" was hilarious to me for some raisin.

12. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

What, no love for "You do not have my permission to die."?

13. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

Minatsuki gets my vote, hands down. Not sure If I could pick a specific line tho..

BTW, the more annoyed Ganta is, the better Greg Ayres seems to sound :p

14. animePWNS

animePWNS 1959-2015

Well, it looks like a definite lock for Hummingbird this week, but just for variety:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
  15. bigddan11

A quick FYI-
    Due to my work schedule on Tuesday and Thursday, I won't be able to get the poll posted up until tomorrow, and it won't be until the evening, probably around 10 PM Central Time. I know it's late, but that's the best I can do this week. My day off is Monday, and even though I was off for Independence Day, I still spent a good portion of time helping with watering our garden, helping cut down a tree, and a family BBQ. Sorry, but I promise it will be posted tomorrow evening sometime.

16. bigddan11

The poll is up. While I expect a good number of votes will go to Deadman Wonderland and the Hummingbird story, there are a lot of other good candidates posted, including a couple of lines I thought deserved to be included that no one mentioned. You can vote for more than 1 line. Remember that the top 3 lines will move onto the Line of the Month poll. Enjoy.

17. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

The entire script of DMWL last week was line of the night.

THE ENTIRE SCRIPT.