1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Let's Watch A Blossom Episode" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

2. TheMisterFree

TheMisterFree Member

Uh, nah. Review an episode of the short-lived game show Whew! instead. It really lives up to its' name. And I'd pick Urkel solely for his disasters (that, plus he was The Fastest Thing Alive); I liked him when I saw him on what was then ABC Family. Also, this episode was taken from WDIV, the Detroit station when the inspiration for Ron Burgundy- Mort Crim- worked for a long time.

3. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

I was totally gonna do this and keep a blog of it, not necessarily with Blossom, but with all the other stuff in my collection. (Ironically, as of now I don't have any Blossom episodes, but I do have some VHS recordings from WDIV from this same time period, notably the Country Music Awards, a "Bloopers and Practical Jokes" special, and the occasional sitcom or late movie.)

Also you have a similar reasoning to mine to reviewing an old show at this time. We've reached a point where the state of the world is so dour that you have to turn to cheesy old movies and sitcoms to get away from it all. Which reminds me: During a course about 20th century musical theatre I did a few years back, the teacher briefly talked about how if the world were to end one day (or something to that effect), then the Sound of Music would play on literally every channel, primarily because it was so soothing. I presume that a couple people have joked about that, but that course is what I associate that statement with.

On that note, a site I regularly go to recently did an article on feel-good Muppet clips to "cure too-much-news syndrome". I'll close my commentary with a quote from that article: "Can’t believe the ignorance about the state of the world? It’s still wonderful, and there are puppies."

#3 twilicorn, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017