LEGO Unikitty

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Cosmo, Mar 30, 2017.

1. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

Guess that puts it's release date up to September I would say. I just realized why this was announced so late. Lego have a strict policy on information regarding their upcoming sets. They do everything they can to repress info on them till like 2 months before release. This is done to try and prevent bootleggers from getting out sets earlier then they release their official products. So I'm guessing they did this so no bootleggers would make sets based on the unikitty show before Lego could. Knowing comic con this will get recorded and put on the internet for all to see. Pretty good move on CN's part. Give out one episode for free to try and engage people. Also shows they have a lot of confidence in this show. That gives me a lot of hope for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

That sneak peek did prove me wrong, though I still wouldn't expect a release date sooner than that, but I could always be wrong.

3. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

Yeah this seems to be similar to how other Lego shows were released. They didn't really give out info on it till a month or two before release. It also seems to be similar to how Lego release one or two episodes of their TV shows online for free.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

So any idea when the episode might be available online?

5. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

In good news most of the reactions on twitter from attendees seem pretty positive.

6. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Chances are the wait would be long for that, but a clip would be more sooner to be seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

User jed1ndy over at BZPower forum attended the conference and gave some info on the show. The main villain is named Master Frowns and the team said the show would be out "next year". They also hinted at a TTG cross over with unikitty. They also described the animation. Saying "The animation style seems to mostly be the same as Teen Titans Go!, however, it also includes some restrictions to keep it grounded in the world of LEGO (Unikitty's legs decidedly don't move, and a lot of the characters are made of blocky shapes to imitate that LEGO aesthetic)." They also gave a plot summary of the first episode. I will leave it in a spoiler below:

After a little bit of chit-chat about what makes Unikitty a unique and relatable character, the episode was shown. In it, it's Puppycorn's (Unikitty's younger brother's) birthday, and he's about to make a birthday wish. However er, before he can, Master Frown and his sidekick show up and steal his candle and wish from him. In order to get it back, Unikitty and Puppycorn must travel to Madter Frown's world: The opposite of Cloud Cuckoo Land (if that's what Unikitty's world is still called), Frown Town.

They had an overall positive opinion of it.

All credit goes to user jed1ndy over at BZPower.com in their thread "Lego @ SDCC".

#107 2-D chirox, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  8. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I was actually expecting it towards the end of this year when I found out they were showing an episode at Comic Con. I don't imagine it would be too far into next year, then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Carlos Gutierrez

Next year?!? You've got to be kidding me!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It's nice that the reception is generally positive. I figured the show would've come out in late fall, but you can't rush these things. Though I hope that TTG thing turns out to be nothing more than a speculation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Yeah, that synopsis sounds pretty much exactly what I expected when I first heard of this show. Not that that's a bad thing.

12. Carlos Gutierrez

Should anybody on YouTube please upload the full Unikitty Comic Con panel? And does anybody know the words to the show's theme song?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

Some footage without sound got leaked. Judge for yourself.

14. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

Hmmm... too many Teen Titans Go vibes

15. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Yep, it'll probably go with what TTG already has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

It looks decent enough, for all TTG's problems their writing team isn't that bad when they're up to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

There's still not much to go off of, but as far as visuals go, I like what I see so far.

18. Yum

Yum Active Member

TBH, this looks like the same neon colored trash found in PPG and TTG. Just a bunch of random annoying LOL scenes, random events, and in your face colors. I mean, I know this show was made to appeal to younger girls, but this looks like they're pandering to them. No relaxing natural colors for your eyes to settle on at all.

19. Yum

Yum Active Member

TBH, this looks like the same neon colored trash found in PPG and TTG. Just a bunch of random annoying LOL scenes, random events, and in your face colors. I mean, I know this show was made to appeal to younger girls, but this looks like they're pandering to them. No relaxing natural colors for your eyes to settle on at all.

20. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Well, as similar as the art style is to TTG, it's not a bad art style to have for a concept like this. Plus, I think the tone of TTG would fit right at home in a show about Unikitty.

And again, I can easily see this working in a manner similar to MLP:FiM; very clearly made for kids, but with so much likability and charm that it's hard for me not to get into myself.